This is a 5-star world class facility in every sense of the word.
We spent one night at the Mandarin Oriental on our way through to Salzburg and then were pulled back to stay a long weekend for my wife's birthday before returning home.
The staff is superb in both their warmth, friendly, accessible demeanor and efficiency. It is so nice to be acknowledged by name through the day. The hotel public areas and rooms have been very tastefully upgraded to a very high standard while maintaining a warmth that can be lost in "modernization," especially in Europe where minimalist modern decor sometimes crosses the line into the downright stark. But not the Mandarin, even though our flat screen TV was a Bang & Olufsen that featured power rotation to face the viewer! This was not your minimum cost mass-purchase LG setup but typical of the Mandarin Oriental's superb mastery of the details.
Our first room was a very comforable Deluxe Junior Suite, which featured a separate sitting room. Upon our return, the same category room was not available, and sitting area of the Junior Suite was within the sleeping area. However, more than adequate to be sure.
The location, of course, is perfect with the Rathaus and the center of Old Town just a 3-minute walk. The only downside is the entrance facing the incredibly narrow Neuturmstrasse, making arriving by private car a bit of a challenge mitigated by parking with the right two wheels placed on the sidewalk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly tucked away in a side street, yet centrally located near the famed Maximilianstrasse, Mandarin Oriental, Munich is an elegant gem of Neo-Renaissance charm, providing the highest levels of personalised service in the city and award-winning restaurant and bars. The newly refurbished 48 spacious rooms and 25 suites offer the finest in contemporary luxury and, along with the stunning roof-top pool, feature views that stretch across the picturesque surroundings of the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Munich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Munich Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Munich
- Munich Mandarin Oriental