We stayed at the hotel 4 nights between Dec 17- 21, 2012.The experience was truly first class !
The room was spotless, the service was attentive and non intrusive. We dined at Mark’s once where the food fully justified its 1 star Michelin rating. When in Munich, there is probably no better choice for a top star rated hotel than Mandarin. Having said all this, mirroring most of the ratings on Trip Advisor’ s site, I will share a specific experience of ours that relates to the quality and level of service this hotel is offering.
On our trip from Toronto to Munich via Paris, Air France lost our 3 pieces of checked luggage. The location where the luggage was turned out to be a mystery to the airline ! Upon our arrival to Mandarin having with us only the carry on luggage , that contained not much more than out papers and our valuables, myself and my wife were promptly locate and offered all of the toiletries necessary (and some extras) along with pyjamas to make our night comfortable. It took the airline a full 3 days to locate out luggage piece by piece and deliver them one each day. What was outstanding however, was the hotel concierge staff who followed the process with the airlines each hour on the hour and kept us abreast of the status. Having just started the year end vacation in Munich, with a following 3 weeks totally in danger of being spoiled by not having anything to dress in the middle of winter, the attentive attitude, their consistent follow-up with the airlines and their attention to our needs ( well, we were made to feel quite welcome in Mark restaurant dressed in sweatshirts, among the suit and tie customers that surrounded us) by the concierge staff in Mandarin really saved the day. A totally unique experience worth checking in at Mandarin whenever we’ll be in Munich again.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Munich Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Oriental Munich Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Munich
- Munich Mandarin Oriental
- Munich Mandarin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a central location, Mandarin Oriental, Munich is a calm refuge of Neo-Renaissance charm and elegance, providing the highest levels of personalized service. The award-winning hotel redefines luxury within the city’s most historic setting. The hotel is ideally located in the heart of Munich, within the city’s old town, surrounded by museums, the Bavarian Opera House, theatres and the famous Hofbraeuhaus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Otel, Expedia, Priceline, Venere and Hotels.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental Munich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.