We finally found (near) perfection outside of Asia! Mandarin Oriental has clearly succeeded to transfer their top-class service levels (at least to Munich). As soon as we drove up to the entrance and gave our names, everyone throughout our stay addressed us by name. We were offered a nice welcome drink at the bar and let to the room. Unfortunately, and that was the only disappointment, the room smelled of cigarette smoke. Note to GM: “We sometimes allow our guests to smoke in their room, but always get it clean afterwards” is inconsistent with “All our rooms are non-smoking”. The situation was quickly rectified by moving us to a similar room on the top floor, followed by a written apology together with a small plate of sweets some times later. The room was spacious, the bathroom fantastic, the bed comfortable and the content of the mini-bar “free” (or lets say included in the room price). Both the fitness room (sufficient equipment) and the sauna are nicely designed, although the later could benefit from more space including a relaxation area. Whatever request we had it was swiftly taken care of and the diner in the restaurant was superb. EVERYONE of the staff tried to please and paired efficiency with friendliness. We have our own ranking list of hotels we visited and the Mandarin Oriental in Munich is tied right on the top. Net, if you can afford to splurge, there is no better hotel in Munich!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly tucked away in a side street, yet centrally located near the famed Maximilianstrasse, Mandarin Oriental, Munich is an elegant gem of Neo-Renaissance charm, providing the highest levels of personalised service in the city and award-winning restaurant and bars. The newly refurbished 48 spacious rooms and 25 suites offer the finest in contemporary luxury and, along with the stunning roof-top pool, feature views that stretch across the picturesque surroundings of the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Munich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Munich Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Munich
- Munich Mandarin Oriental