I wish to remain anonymous. I have never felt compelled to write a Trip Advisor review before. I have used Trip Advisor for many years, and after this stay in Munich, I felt it necessary to share my experience.
I travelled to Munich for a combination of Wedding Anniversary, Birthday and Business Meeting. Christmas Markets and Shopping in to the mix, and we had a busy 5 days planned.
Staying at a fine hotel to my mind, is the ultimate reward for most of us. Staying at a fine hotel with your loved ones, is one of life's great pleasures. The opulence of it all , the fine food and drink, the attention and service lavished upon us, and the feeling of total comfort and relaxation is, an experience that I shall never tire of. In fact, after a memorable stay at a fine hotel, I arrive home and immediately commence planning of my next vacation.
The problem is... trying to improve, or at least replicate upon the last experience, is a constant effort and worry. How do you ensure that your next holiday, will be your best ever...
Trip Advisor is the obvious answer. We search through all of the Trip Advisor reports and ratings, and make, what we consider to be an educated guess.
Or, you can just guarantee that you will have a truly memorable and World class stay, and visit the Mandarin Oriental Munich.
My family and I are very well travelled, and we have stayed in some of the finest hotels in the World over the past 10 years or so. The Mandarin Oriental Munich certainly falls into this category. The facility, the service, the rooms, the restaurant and pretty much every other aspect of the hotel, is perfect. The staff, are amongst the best that I have ever come across, and the stay was exceptional in every way.
Dominik, Laura, Dario and Patric to name but a selection, are a fabulous team to entrust your stay to. Every possible aspect of our stay, was taken care of with the utmost attention paid to our enjoyment.
They really did make us feel like royalty.
We had booked a Mandarin Junior Suite for 4 nights. We were given a complimentary upgrade to the fabulous Presidential suite. With excellent views of the Munich skyline, it is a room that I could have in all honesty, never left...
We did however want to experience Munich and the World famous Christmas Markets.
We had the pleasure of a chauffeur service with Jurgen, and I cannot stress enough that this a costly option, yet it is worth every penny, and even if you only make use of the driver for a few hours, it is a fantastic manner in which to be given a guided tour of the beautiful Munich city and surrounding areas.
The hotel is grand, petite yet very cosy. The staff are polite, courteous and it is very evident that they thrive on making your stay as wonderful as possible. The service, food and facility are second to none and I wish I was still there now.
I visited four of the other main 5 star hotels in Munich, had a look at their suites, facilities etc, and they fall well short of the Mandarin Munich.
If you are thinking of visiting Europe, let alone Germany. Please allow yourselves the pleasure of a guaranteed trip to savour, at the Munich Oriental.
Only negative, and it is a small negative is... NO SPA!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quietly tucked away in a side street, yet centrally located near the famed Maximilianstrasse, Mandarin Oriental, Munich is an elegant gem of Neo-Renaissance charm, providing the highest levels of personalised service in the city and award-winning restaurant and bars. The newly refurbished 48 spacious rooms and 25 suites offer the finest in contemporary luxury and, along with the stunning roof-top pool, feature views that stretch across the picturesque surroundings of the old town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Munich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental Munich Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Munich
- Mandarin Munich
- Munich Mandarin Oriental