“6* service in a 3* hotel!!!! (Home)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Nymphenburg

You added Hotel Nymphenburg to your Saves list
Hotel Nymphenburg
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Nymphenburger Strasse 141, 80636 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #117 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reading, United Kingdom
“6* service in a 3* hotel!!!! (Home)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I'm a bit late writing this review - on arriving home after our German tour - welllllll we got a puppy!!! And boy has she taken up time!!! BUT we were so impressed now I've a moment I HAVE to write a review!!!
We went on WW2 trip and Munich was our longest stay and I wanted something that looked and felt GERMAN!!! We stayed in other 3* hotels that were "characterless" so I picked this one!
OH boy did I get it right!!!
Our room was a standard one but it was at the end of a corridor so it was perhaps a little larger than standard but most people only stayed 2/3 nights -we stayed 8!!! I don't think there was a day that as we were coming and going that guests were not checking in or out - but Jan and Christian made it all flow and still had time to answer any questions.
If you like "traditional" it would be perfect!!. Bedroom was comfy perhaps a little less storage space than WE needed BUT we stayed longer than they are used to so we were glad of the residents lounge and TV. Bathroom modern and very clean. Private parking available but on such a quiet street there were no worries if we didn't get into it! We had (gonna sound posh here - a private guide and HE leaves a VERY expensive UK car just down the road - how safe is that!!!). In Munich WW2 tours are all private - the local tourist offices don't do any (probably got to do with war guilt)
Breakfast is extra, now we had 3 trips booked with our guide that started early!!! So we either got up and went, OR slept in - this worried Christian because we didn't have breakfast!!! In fact we only had breakfast on our last day as he was so worried!!!! BUT on our 2 early morning "guided tour" starts, they happily gave both us and the guide coffee AND didn't charge it!!! that's how much Christian and Jan want this hotel to be good.
Yep, there is no lift but we were offered help in carrying our bags (we didn't accept cos we were on a 3 week tour and had an electric cooler box which we were not tooo sure would be accepted and had bags for overnights stays - well we drove, I didn't pack the kitchen sink but I did pack a fridge!!! I'm a heavy packer [blushy face]). The entrance from the car park looks a bit like you are going to a toilet area but from practicality point of view, tiles on the stairs do not mark from luggage!!
So bedroom comfy and traditional, bathroom clean - always gonna get good marks with me!!!. Just down the road (they provide a map) is the tram into the centre of Munich, so very easy. Also several very good restaurants and a BEER KELLER in walking distance - how could anyone complain?? And the Schloss Nymphemburg in walking distance too. Two adequate supermarkets for day tripping food (for those on a budget) less than 5 mins away! Also for those who self drive or fly drive is just off one of the ring roads andonce you've found th Schloss it's marked on the road signs!!!
It is a non smoking hotel, but there's a small garden for when it fine and a porch for when it isn't and Jan smokes ( that's when I had my best talks with him) BUT it's such a quiet area that a female smoker does not feel at risk at 2 o'clock in the morning!!!)
What really stands out was the customer service here!! Christian and Jan run the hotel - Christians wife also helps.
Jan was very informative for us about his family background for WW2 (you have to be a bit careful about this area in Germany - the key word is "tact"!!!)) and spent many an evening chatting with me whilst having a fag about his family's experiences which I found very interesting.
But both Christian and Jan were SOOOOO very interested in what we were doing and when, that it only took us one day to feel like we were coming home and yep I know it sounds silly but I did have a little "well up" in my eyes when we left. Both hubby and I loved it there and more!!! But most important of all was that it was right for us!

Room Tip: There's a Honeymoon suite - (it was our 30th anniversary so we didn't book that soon enough...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Munich
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I booked this because advertized "Sleep Number" comfort beds. They did not have sleep number beds, comfortable beds and the room was VERY SMALL even fro European standards. The savior was the location was excellent for Olympia Hall and walking for dinner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

My husband & I stayed at the hotel for 7 nights. Pros: Easy to reach via U1 or U7 stop at Rotkreuzplatz (just 3 stops from Hauptbahnhof), great hot/cold breakfast, free wi-fi, helpful & friendly staff, great value, 24 hr. laundromat nearby, 2 grocery stores close by, lots of international restaurants in walking distance. Cons: small room (average for Europe) & very small bathroom, no refrigerator or coffeemaker in room, older hotel so rooms are outdated and in need of paint, repair, etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
bicton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Small boutique hotel in nice neighbourhood only two underground stops from central station.About a 10 minute walk from underground station so be aware if alot of luggage!Very clean rooms and bathrooms!Staff all very friendly and helpful!Breakfast is excellent with champagne and is full hot and cold buffet!highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012
Sussex, UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

The Hotel Nymphenburg is a extremely tired-looking hotel with little to recommend it for. Felt more like I was staying in a hostel than a hotel. I wouldn't ever go back there, even if they offered me a room for free.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 days in May this year and we were really impressed and had a lovely stay. The staff were very friendly - they even let us check in an hour early as we arrived sooner than the check in time of 2pm and they could see that we were a little weary from dragging our cases from the station in the heat! All throughout our stay they were very attentive. Our room was lovley and had everything we needed (you can ask for Wifi password at reception). The breakfast selection was good, catering for all nationalities and whatever you could need (from stewed fruit to olives). There are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room but you can pop into the breakfast room at anytime to make a coffee or tea. The location of the hotel is a little out of the centre but there is a U Bahn stop down about 5 mins down the road.
Overall an excellent stay and I would definetly recommend to anyone wanting a comfy, friendly base in Munich.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

You have basement parking , the room are different , ( when we reach at the hotel the reception guy was sleeping- 3 a clock in the moorning ) . We order a room with only one bed but we have received 2 beds . It s a cleaning hotel with a verry good breakfast . The bathroom was poor and old also (at our room , at first floor ) . About ten minutes to the car untill the downtown . I recomended this hotel for business travel . Enjoy yourself

Room Tip: i can t say nothing
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Nymphenburg? Share your experiences!