“Truly fantastic...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 129 Activities in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: A tour with Curt Milburn is like having a welcoming family friend show you around Munich. Curt's been called "The Wikipedia of History". He specializes in small group and private tours. Tours are tailor-made and Curt finds out what YOU want to see. His City Tours go beyond canned, set routes. You'll see the famous sites, architecture, learn about kings, Hitler, foods and beer. Our Third Reich Tours delve deep into more than when, but why and how the Nazis came to power and you'll see the bombed buildings of Hitler. Curt's Dachau tours are sensitive and remarkably moving and his Neuschwanstein and Castle tours are great fun. Salzburg & Nuremberg are within your reach with Big Hat Tours! Every tour is accompanied by an Apple i-Pod with hundreds of photos to put you into history.
Portland, Maine
“Truly fantastic...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Curt wasn't available when my buddy and I had some time for a tour, but he referred us to Achim...and we had an absolutely awesome tour.

We did the "Rise of the Third Reich" tour with Achim, walking through a good portion of Old Munich over about 3.5 hours. His knowledge was seemingly unending, his manner jocular and his patience virtuous. I know I interrupted him 100 times with questions...

I told my buddy afterward, "I'd pay $100 just to sit and talk with that guy." His perspective and breadth of knowledge was amazing.

Though Curt wasn't our tour guide, here's the point: if he's not available, he's going to refer you to someone who's also super great. Achim, my hat's off to you. And Curt - great referral!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Great, customized trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Curt was, as noted in many previous notes, a great tour guide who absolutely made the walking tour just what we were looking for. I e-mailed him about a month in advance and let him know that I'm very into brewing beer and homebrewing, and he customized the tour for my wife and me not to center around that but to include aspects of that, including some things that he normally would skip over. He is very well educated on Munich and German history, very attentive/kind and full of lots of useful information for the rest of your trip, too. I'm just sorry that we could not do other tours with him while we were there.

“Time travel with Kurt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

It was not just a very interesting tour about Third Reich sites in Munich. It was a real time travel. Kurt tells history in such a visible and captivating way that you really start seeing the past now. 4 hours passed like 15 minutes despite we had walked a lot. Packed with impressions, information, interesting details. Kurts' tour changed our perception of Munich. Highly recommended.

Mobile
5 attraction reviews
“It was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

My husband and I went on three of his tours, we had a great time! His tours are very informative and I learned alot from him, since he was a history major in college! The Third Reich tour was my favorite, I wish we had more time and went with him on the Dachau tour.

Bear, Delaware
“trip to munich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

We recently were there on a trip back from Austria, and had a tour arrangd with kurt...he is soo engaging and the knowledge base that he has is amazing. i highly recommend him.. he also arranged an outstanding lunch at a wonderful restaurant...

He has a wonderful personality and great sense of humor...a great people person

Visited January 2013