“Perfect for the price I got” 4 of 5 stars

Marc Muenchen
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Senefelderstrasse 12, 80336 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #7 of 378 Hotels in Munich
London
“Perfect for the price I got”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Booked through Onhotels.com for an incredible € 119.- as opposed to the 186.- charged on other sites and the hotel's own website. Literally a 3-minute walk from the station (hence the slightly seedy location), 7 mins from major shopping/attractions. Decent-sized room, spotless bathroom with large walk-in shower; my only gripe would be the drab grey-brown-olive decor throughout. Room facing the courtyard quiet, bed and soft pillows very comfortable, A/C worked fine, free WIFI welcome. Check-in and -out a breeze, reception staff friendly, service personnel attentive. Biggest plus and best argument to return, though: truly excellent breakfast!

Room Tip: courtyard-facing rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
marcmuenchen, Verkaufsleiter at Marc Muenchen, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear "ijnlg",

We are very happy while reading you felt so comfortable with us and you could inspire our breakfast buffet.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future with us.

Beate Auer and the staff of Hotel marc**** munich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Irvine, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Although the hotel seems out of place being in a not so clean area of town, don't let that affect your decision. It is very convenient to the train station (and you can walk to Marienplatz from here in about 10 min). It is about 5 min walk from hotel to train, so no need for expensive taxis. Rail system in Munich is superb (always on time, fast, clean, modern, and safe)...
Hotel staff were exemplary in service, smiled, and accommodated all of my needs (and spoke English). I got the cheapest room but it was a bit too small, ok for one, but cramped for two. I'd recommend spending more to get the larger room, especially if you are from the USA like me and are used to larger rooms. A big plus at this hotel was the free breakfast buffet....excellent quality food and friendly and helpful staff. The modern bathrooms were excellent including the shower rain head from the ceiling. It was odd that for all the money spent on the bathroom (nice tile, high end fixtures and faucets, lighting, etc) that they chose to put a fiberglass floor in the shower despite having tiled walls....it was as if they ran over budget and made the cut here. But my only real gripe was the mattress (too firm for my taste) and the pillows ( way way too soft). Even with two under my head, I could never get enough support. Everything else was excellent....good water pressure and lots of fast hot water....bathrooms are well ventilated, and I never heard my neighbors, or outdoor noise (my room faced the courtyard on level 3). The flat screen TV and A/C worked without problem. The WIFI was great all except for 1 morning where for 3 hours it couldn't connect (I use my iPad during travel).

If they change mattress and pillows to better comfort, I'd have given them a 5 rating, but still very good value for $.

Room Tip: Get the larger room. The small room is too small for most couples.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
marcmuenchen, Verkaufsleiter at Marc Muenchen, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear "Marc A",

Thank you for giving us such a good review via tripadvisor and for describing your stay in detail.
We are very pleased to read your fantastic impressions about your stay at the hotel marc munich.
We are very gladly and share your feedback with the whole team.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I cannot say anything bad about this grand hotel. It is very centrally located (super close to the main train station), has large rooms and bathrooms, is VERY clean, and has an AMAZING breakfast with cook-to-order station and is INCLUDED in the room price! Very highly recommend this hotel to all!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear"Cubanjimbo",

Thank you very much for your review.

It's lovely to hear that you have your residence in such good memories.
Thank you for your recommendation and see you perhaps during your next visit in munich.

Richmond Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Marc Muenchen is a great hotel for anyone doing business in or visiting Munich. The staff is very attentive, the hotel is designed well, and the breakfasts are first-class. It is also centrally located, minutes from the Central Train Station, and although the area around the hotel is not the best, it is very safe. It is a true boutique hotel with very reasonable prices. I stayed there for nearly a week when I was in Munich for a business trip, and I have zero complaints about the hotel

Dear " Mike B",

Thank you for taking the time to review us via Tripadvisor.
We are very happy that you appreciate our service and you have felt comfortable in our hotel.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Excellent Service
I emailed the Hotel about our late arrival. Upon we arrived at the Hotel, the male staff could remember my surname and I thought that their service were so personalized.

We were upgraded to a larger room too, thanks so much!

Nice room
The room were clean and there was a bottle of sparkling water for us to drink.

Great Breakfast
Delicious and a lot of variety for you to choose

Nice and professional staff
He helped us to print the eticket for our flight though there was no printer for hotel guest

Reasonable Price
The price was good for its value

I must recommend to all my friends and expressed my thanks to all the staff !

• Stayed May 2013
marcmuenchen, Verkaufsleiter at Marc Muenchen, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear "Cartierpasta",

We are very happy that you gave us a positive review.
It's lovely to hear that you have your residence in such good memories.

Barcelona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed there for 2 nights. Hotel is new, my room was large, nice free wifi with good speed, breakfast with good quality and assortment and price is competitive. They even provide a spray with essential oil to parfum your pillow before sleeping! Never seen this before. What else to request?

On the less positive side, despite the shower is very big, water pressure could be much better. other than that, flawless and would repeat. Location a mere 3 minutes from main central train station.

Dear " Carlos_Barcelona",

Fine! You have a pleasant stay!
It's lovely to hear that you have your stay in our hotel in such good memories.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future with us.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The rooms was clean and comfortable. They had very convenient parking (for a charge). The wait staff was very courteous. The breakfast (which was included) was very tasty and expansive. The reason I give it 4/5 stars is the location. Although it is fairly central to Munich center, it is quite a gritty neighborhood and in some parts didn't feel that safe to walk around especially at night.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
marcmuenchen, Verkaufsleiter at Marc Muenchen, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear " boldtravelor",

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
It would be nice if you could choose again our house during your next city trip in Munich .

Kind regards
The staff of hotel marc**** munich

Been to Marc Muenchen? Share your experiences!