“Hot Chocolate is TO DIE FOR” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,792 of 2,824 Restaurants in Munich
Brisbane, Australia
“Hot Chocolate is TO DIE FOR”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

All I had is a hot chocolate in this very busy alfresco dining cafe positioned in a perfect location opposite the new town hall. It was a miserable rainy cold day and the out door heaters were very welcomed. I was sitting alone and because the place is so busy a couple asked if they could join me which was nice. I liked the casual busy atmosphere with waiters rushing around.

The hot chocolate is probably the best I've ever tasted and take a look at how it's presented. The memories of my short time spent at this cafe will stay with me for life.

• Visited September 2013

• Turkish first
Somerset, United Kingdom
“The view is all you'll get”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

This I'm afraid what usually happens in prime locations like this we have sat outside and inside here for many years and has in the past bee good , But since its revamp upstairs which looks the part service on both occasions this trip was terrible ! Ignoring you for 40 minutes and then only taking an order after complaint and then only half of what was ordered arrived on both occasions so we complained the manager who suddenly couldn't any English after hearing him speak to another couple minutes before perfectly and showed no respect or even apologized was the last straw ! Never again there are many great places to eat in Munich but not here anymore

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Southampton, Pennsylvania
“No way! Try another place to drink cup of coffee.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The walking tour guide told us that on MarienPlatz they have an old, like a century old, coffee shop Woerners. And he recommended to the coffee lovers to check that out. Please, never ever, only if you want be treated with disrespect. It was sunny day so we took a table outside and it was more than plenty of other free tables there.
Usually I do more than a couple of cups of espresso per day but this time I decided to skip it. My wife’s decision was to treat her with a big fancy cappuccino. And how disappointed and ashamed we were after waitress told us
not in a nice tone that she would not serve one cappuccino for two. I saw shock of disbelieve in my wife’s eyes and to get her a cup of cappuccino I ordered an espresso for myself. In a meantime we asked her if they accepted a credit card and with the same disrespect she pointed to the bank. It was her way to tell us where we can get cash.
Few seconds later after our shock was gone, we got up and walked away.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“No re-fills allowed - sorry”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had a green tea and a piece of cheesecake and sat in. I asked for some additional hot water to be added and they said no. I was quite disappointed and haven't been to many places that refused to re-fill a tea cup. Disappointing for a such a Munich institution.

Visited August 2013
Munich, Germany
“YUMMY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

this place is wonderful to ONLY GET AN ICE CREAM
dont eat here but they have really good ice cream choices with elaborate ways of presenting it. Its right on marienplatz so its a great place to chill out and enjoy one of the best places in the city. the cafe itself is also very nice. The service after all the times i have been there is only average but what can you expect when they have so many tables to take care of. Its also a little overpriced for a cup of ice cream (7.50 for the chocolate cup for example) but totally worth it since their ice cream is pretty epic

• Visited August 2013