“Very good vietnamese kitchen with caring details” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Iffeldorf, Germany
“Very good vietnamese kitchen with caring details”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I live in Munich since 40 years and I know, There are many Vietnamese Restaurants and many of them are not really good, a lot of very sweet dishes, nothing special and of course lots of glutamate. Many People think that Glutamate is completely harmless and belongs to the vietnames kitchen like any other spice, but for me it´s a big plus that the Annam kitchen doesn´t use ist. What is also very Special about it is that you get lots of different herbs with your Food. This should be natural since frsh herbs are a Basic ingredient in the Vietnamese cuisine, but in most of the other places you get a few pieces of latice and maybe some Cilantro. I have eaten there 5 times and all the dishes I tried (Pho Bo, summerroll and some vegetarian dishes) have been delicious. Also the make very nice decorations, which is not really important, but it´s nice to have an orchid on your plate, it seems they really care about the customer. Another big plus: They fullfill Special wishes - I always order a mixture of Mineral water with cooking tab water, which of course is quiete unusal and many waitors refuse to serve it. But here - no Problem, I get my glass with warm mixed water and even a mintleave and a limeslice in it. Very nice. Only Problem: Since many other People seem to like it, it´s usually difficult to get a table in the evening, so better make a Reservation.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Hillsboro, Oregon
“Very good Vietnamese food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We had Spring rolls, Pho, bun Bo, green tea, vietnamese cafe and Che Banana. They were very good food and very nice presentation.

Aarhus, Denmark
“Great vietnamese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We got this restaurant reccommended by a couple who lives arround the corner.
I had the mixed starter plate for two, just so delicious and then a beef dish with rice.

Munich, Germany
“Great surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

We went there spontaneously on a Saturday evening and I had a great surprise. The service is excellent, good wine and the food absolutely delicious. I took the gambas a la plancha with vegetables and rice and the portion was more than enough. My friend took the duck curry and he was as well very pleased with his choice. I highly recommend the restaurant!

“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I had the bun bo xaio sa and it was perfect. Appertizer was the pork spring roll, also very good. The restaurant had a super ambiance. Service was helpful and very friendly. Adding this to my list of favorite Munich restaurants.