“Wonderfully run, excellent value!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #11 of 394 Hotels in Munich
USA
“Wonderfully run, excellent value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We only spent one night here, but this hotel left a lasting impression. The service from check-in to check-out was friendly, warm and efficient. Although the lobby, rooms and bathrooms are small, they are beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable.

The breakfast room is lovely and the breakfast buffet is incredible! The choices of fruit, breads, meats, cheeses and hot dishes rivals any 4-5 star hotel. And the staff here is welcoming and friendly. We also had a drink in their bar, BarVaria, and it is comfortable and a great place to unwind.

The only tips I would give are: get clear directions from the train station. We missed the small sign directing us towards the main street and had to backtrack. We would also suggest taking the next stop after the main station(or a tram ?) to get closer to the hotel, the walk was difficult on somewhat snowy sidewalks. Check with the hotel for best directions.
The other tip: there was very noisy construction going on in mid-December 2012 and that prevented us from taking a much-needed nap after a long haul flight. Check to see if the work is done if day time rest is a must for you.

• 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank melange1
Bavaria121110, Leiter Front Office at Hotel Bavaria, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Melange,

many thanks for your kind feedback.
We want to inform you now, that our renovation finished and so you have to visit us again and enjoy our new lifestyle rooms.-:)

Warm regards
Janet Kaufmann

Frontoffice Manager
Hotel Bavaria

Sicily, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Me and my wife stayed here to visit the Christmas Markets and visit friends for the holiday. Usually when I travel for business to Munich I stay in the city center, however we found this hotel and for the price we decided to give it a shot. We weren't dissapointed at all. The hotel is in a very good location right next to the Oktoberfest grounds and a nice 5 minute walk from the U-Bahn. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast spread was one of the better that I've seen. The hotel seems quiet and not busy when we were there besides the breakfast rush, most of the time it was hard to realize that it was occupied to max capacity. That being said the rooms were very quiet, it was some of the best sleep that I've had while traveling. I never heard my neighbors once. The beds were also very comfortable, should I return to Munich for holiday I will be sure to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms with the balcony facing the courtyard are much quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank umterp03
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This place was the best that we stayed at in Europe. It was close to the train station (3 min walk). The room was lovely, the staff was very nice. They had an awesome breakfast spread. The room was cold, though, and the radiator just could not keep up with the winter cold.

1 Thank f1999308
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend break as a surprise for my partner to visit the Christmas markets - it coincided with some very wintry weather which actually made the trip magical.

The hotel is situated outside the immediate city centre but is just five minutes' walk (even in the heavy snow!) from the U-Bahn station which has a frequent and efficient service to all the main places one would wish to visit. It is in a quiet residential location and we had no noise problems but given that it is just yards from the Oktoberfest venue, I can imagine that this would not be so during that time; conversely, it is superbly located for that occasion.

The staff are all very friendly and informative. They are also very observant: I was unfortunately ill on the second day of our stay requiring a day in bed and the staff asked my partner where I was and thereafter continued to do so until I surfaced.

The room was very comfortable - believe me, I spent longer in there than I wanted! - albeit of a standard European size. The bathroom was perfectly adequate with a wonderful shower that I could have stayed under for hours.

Previous reviews on here (many from Americans I note) have raved about the breakfast. Neither of us thought it was out of the ordinary for a European hotel. It was very good, the choice was fine and it was all perfectly acceptable but given the glowing reviews on here I was expecting something more.

The hotel has no restaurant and so one has to fend for oneself in the evenings. We found the eating choices locally to be limited so best to venture into the city I think. As it was, we were able to graze at the Christmas markets stalls so cannot recommend anywhere in particular.

This is a perfect base for exploring Munich and is recommeded.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

This was an all-round great hotel and really good value. Rooms and bathrooms were modern, comfortable and spotlessly clean, the breakfast is excellent and the staff are friendly. The underground and trams are close by, so you can be in Marienplatz in 20mins. You can also buy metro passes (1 day and 3 day passes - not single use tickets) from reception which is really convenient when you have just arrived in a new city. Hotel Bavaria turned out to be a great find, and was a lot cheaper than staying in the old town area.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Northants, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Loved this little hotel it is conveniently located close to underground and overground trains so everything is within easy reach and most tourist stuff within 2 stops. Our room was spotlessly clean and the beds were very comfortable with snow white linen, small but perfectly formed bathroom, endless hot water, radiators with control valves, minibar and a surprising number of English TV channels complete the package.

Breakfast was included and was very good with plenty of choice both hot and cold. We also liked the cosy bar which was great to chill in after a day's shopping in the Christmas markets.

What stood out for us the most was the staff, they were so friendly and helpful we wouldn't hesitste to return.

Room Tip: There are some rooms with balconies overlooking the patio which would be nice in the summer.
1 Thank Kittybat12
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I am not sure how we came about this booking. It must’ve been based on good reviews I had read and I can assure you that all the good reviews are definitely true. This hotel is neat, clean and modern with a friendly and helpful staff. It is not close- within walking distance- to the downtown area, however it is within a block to the October fest field. Which also has a Winter festival (Winter Tollwood Festival) and also a summer version of the same thing. So great! The internet is free and so is the breakfast and it was quite a spread and delicious. It is however within walking distance, about a block, to the U-Bahn and it is about 4 stops to downtown. The u-bahn in Munich is very affordable and if you are going no more than 4 stops it is only 1.20 Euros a person, I have been many places in Europe and never seen it that cheap!! I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat!