“Great hotel although call girl central at night” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Maximilianstrasse 17, 80539 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #22 of 378 Hotels in Munich
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Great hotel although call girl central at night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Nice hotel, lovely rooms, with fabulous rain showers and IPads in the rooms as standard. Nicely furnished with comfortable beds and linens. The bar area is nice but very expensive. The hotel is located on one of the most expensive shopping streets in Europe with all the major designers a stones throw away. However late at night the hotel bar takes on a different atmosphere and whilst there are clearly some genuine guests in the hotel there were at least half a dozen prostitutes working the bar area, myself, and all my male colleagues were blatantly propositioned by various girls, and whilst I am not so naiive to think this does not go on everywhere I have never seen it so obvious outside the far east and surprised the hotel management turn a blind eye.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
WebVierjahreszeiten, Geschäftsführer at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your most recent visit to the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten.
We would like to thank for letting us know that you had the impression we would have not the right clientele in our bar area. We can assure had that we do follow up on this

We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to Munich
Kind regards,
The Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Gainesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

On March 20 2013 I booked a room on the hotels website for a 4 night stay December 19-Dec 23 2013. I was given several choices of rates and chose the Early booker rate and the room and breakfasts were paid in full on that date-This totaled almost $2000. On November 7, 2013 I suffered a fall and was admitted to the hospital for 5 days for ankle fracture surgery. I was told that I am non weight bearing for 8 weeks(puts me into Jan 2014) and will be casted the whole time and that for safety reasons I could not travel. The surgeon gave me a statement to provide to the hotel. I emailed the hotel asking them to cancel and refund my reservation and received a response from Sylvia Voight in reservations that stated they would not refund or give me a credit for these nights because "when making a booking at this rate you have to take into consideration the things might happen to you can not expect". THEY ARE REFUSING TO GIVE ME ANY REFUND OR PARTIAL CREDIT. I am sure that there are hotels in Munich that provide acceptable customer service for cancelations that are beyond your control with over a months notice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We can understand your anger about the reservation procedure as it’s really unfortunate for you. Usually the early booker cannot be changed, however I have contacted you in the mean time and we offered you a credit for you next reservation with us.

We understand that you may have lost faith in the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich although we would like for you to consider giving us another chance

Kind regards,
The Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich Team
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had a most wonderful stay in Kempinski Vier Jahreszeiten Hotel. I booked the hotel last-minute (a day before my arrival) for their single business room. The room is quite small, but for the price and location, I was happy with what I got. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I booked an opera through the concierge and they got me the middle seat in the middle row of the Parlett. I especially love the friendly atmosphere of the bar -- it's rather old-fashioned but you can sit in comfortable leather chairs (rather than high chairs) even at the bar counter. The afternoon tea at the lobby must be pretty good, too, given the constant crowd, though I didn't try it myself. I'd look no further if I want a centrally located and reasonably-priced luxury hotel in Munich.

Room Tip: I haven't stayed in other rooms but the business room for one is rather small.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Hotel is located right in the center of the city. While it is not a brand new hotel the rooms are renovated with high tech shower system. The breakfast is very nice with variety of choices. Guest service is high level however I stayed there on my birthday and hotel did not even send greetings while I've experienced very warm welcome from other 5 star hotel in the past. Would recommend the hotel to others.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This is a great place to be in Munich! Close to the city center. Service good, rooms are very nice. Showers spectacular. Definately worthwhile, but you pay for what you get.

Checkin procedure went quick. The conference facilities very good.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you want to stay in a hotel where everything is super - this is the place. wonderfull rooms, restaurants, bars and service is just in the top. But------- this costs! Hotel is close to alle the interesting places in München which meens you can walk to the most of it - and then have a german beer while you strall the streets.

Room Tip: Every romm is OK
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Glenview, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Central to Munich and the Bier Gardens. The Hotel rooms are fantastic and very modern plus High-tech. The room lighting is centrally controlled at the entrance. Even the bathroom shower has touch control for temperature and which shower head is to be used. There is even "mood lighting" in the shower (various colors)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen? Share your experiences!