“Excellent service, deservedly 5 star” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
20% off room rate
Ranked #15 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Galway, Ireland
“Excellent service, deservedly 5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed here for 5 days for holidays with my spouse and our toddler. I was a bit concerned about what the room would be like since I read so many bad reviews about run down 1970's rooms but chose to book anyway since the location of the hotel is perfect for tourists. I don't regret my choice.
The lobby is indeed very grand and at a much better standard than the dated room but nevertheless the room was very clean and had all necessary amenities. It was cleaned twice everyday and although it didn't really have a great view overlooking the back of a building - that didn't bother me as we were more concerned with good service, location, food, comfort and hygiene which were all excellent. There's free wifi in all the rooms and i didn't have to put in a password or any of that registration online mess that you have to go through in some places.
I haven't seen any of the renovated rooms and couldn't get one though I asked when checking in, the only available ones were junior suites that were too expensive. I'm sure once renovation is complete it will make up for some of these small disadvantages but it doesn't make a huge difference.
i found it interesting that they had a special Arabic cuisine room service menu for their Middle Eastern guests and staff members who spoke the language. The homemade ice-cream was superb.
The concierge was very helpful in his suggestions and booked restaurants promptly.
The pool/spa was very good with a great view and cafe.
Major tourist attractions and an abundance of cafes/restaurants were just outside the door and Maximilenstrasse itself is beautiful with all the major designer label boutiques lining it.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting Munich and I would definitely stay there again in my next visit.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

I waited in line just before midnight after a tiring day for 20 minutes to get my room, with only three other people in front of me. They gave me a smoking room without asking about my preferences, and, on realising this on my way up to the room in the lift, had to return all the way back to reception to get this changed. They took ages getting another room for me. This is a pricey hotel for people who expect to be pampered. There's far better value for money elsewhere in the city.

Room Tip: Make sure you state your preferences upfront
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
WebVierjahreszeiten, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this review, June 22, 2011
Dear “levado”

We thank you for sharing your feedback.

We have taken not of your comment and would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the unpleasant experience upon your arrival. It’s certainly not acceptable that we didn’t ask you for your room preference as it is a standard at our property to ask each guest what they prefer.

We do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel.

Kind regards
The Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich Team
north england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

Spent 3 nights at this hotel in one of their top suites at a cost of 1100 euros a night and it definitely was not worth the money. The suite , although spacious , was in desperate need of renovation. The carpets were worn out and very dirty , the bed was basic and not anywhere near the quality you expect at this class of hotel. The television shows the age of the room as it was a small old style tv ( not LCD!) the like of which I havn't seen in a hotel room for years.
The biggest disappointment of the hotel was the spa. Having paid a lot of money for a relaxing treatment , five minutes into the treatment I was treated to a constant loud drilling noise through the rest of the treatment , which adds a new dimension to relaxation! The therapist didn't mention the noise and when I asked her about it she told me there was work taking place on the floor below and that it was work that needed to be done !!! I pointed out that I should have been informed of the noise problem when I booked the treatment and given a choice as to whether I went ahead with it .
The above problems were pointed out to a guest relations manager who promised to do something about the problems we experienced but that did not materialise and did not hear from him again.
On a positive note most of the staff where pleasant and helpful but there are several flies in the ointment. The concierge was less than knowledgeable and sent us to a bad restaurant in a questionable neighborhood . The breakfast staff where generally pleasant with the exception of one extremely rude and unpleasant waiter which a guest should never have to experience at this class of hotel.
Overall our stay was not enjoyable and I would question whether the kempinsky brand would want to tar their name with this hotel .

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear “Hermia01”,

We would like to personally thank you for your review and your comments. We understand your disappointment with our product and the service provided to you, and would like to thank you for your constructive feedback. We appreciate receiving feedback from our guests, even if it is of a critical nature, as this is the only way we can truly assess our guests’ needs, and continuously improve the luxury service we aim to provide.

We deeply regret that you have had an unpleasant experience while staying at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich.

We have taken note of your comments, and have discussed them internally with the result that we would like to offer you a complimentary 2 night stay in one of our suites as a form of compensation. We kindly ask you to contact our Hotel Manager Mrs. Dagmar Symes directly for further information at salesteam.vierjahreszeiten@kempisnki.com or telephone +49 89 2125 2600 referring to this review title.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to the Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich.

Yours sincerely,
The Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munich Team
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while on a business trip for a week in October 2010. I travel quite a bit for my work, and I must say that out of all the hotels I have stayed in, this is definitely one of the best hotels ever. The lobby area was beautiful and my room was top standard. The bathroom was a bit small, but it was clean and very nicely done. As we were here on business, it was hard to leave the hotel to get a meal, so we had to eat most of our meals at the hotel – and I must say the food was superb. Breakfast was almost the best; there was a wide selection of food and they even served champagne :) The staff was also very attentive and helpful. If I ever go back to Munich, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
frankfurt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

which made us very happy with our stay at the Vier Jahreszeiten. The first night I slept not well because of street noise and a delivery truck below our window well before 7 am (on a Saturday morning). Staff at reception however were very apologetic and dealt wonderfully with this. We got transferred to an inner courtyard quiet room where a big plate of exotic fruit was waiting, and we received a glass of champagne in the very pleasant lobby. Although the bedroom was not big the beds & the bathroom were very comfortable. In all honesty: I would probably not want to pay the full price, but through a deal (lastminute.com) it is great value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel during one of my business trips. The staff was extremely helpful and attending.

Pros: great location, helpful staff, very clean and well equipped, great breakfast, complementry internet (wifi in Lobby only, wired in room)

Cons: the most unconfortable bed i have ever slwpt in. Im 185cm tall and the duvet was just simply short. There is no iron/board in the rooms as standard. Small, cheap TVs in some rooms.

• Stayed May 2011
WebVierjahreszeiten, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear guest,

We are sorry that our duvets which are actually 2meters long are too short for you. Please let us know upon your next stay that you need a longer one. Indeed there are no irons/boards in the rooms as a standard but they are available upon request. In the following months we are replacing all old TV with new flat screens.

The Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Team
evanston IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

My friend & I checked into this 5 star hotel as a treat to ourselves to celebrate the final night of our 10 day stay in Munich, Austria & Czech Rep. The front entrance & lobby are very impressive and the reason we booked a room. Everything went steeply downhill from there. Our room was in the newer portion to the hotel which was added to double the size of the place for the Olympic games. You can sense the change in quality as you pass from the original structure to the newer addition. The hallways are narrower, room doors are closer together. Our room was huge letdown...small, cheaply finished, tiny bathroom, depressing view. This was our 5th room of the trip & we had paid half this price for much nicer rooms in Salzburg (Goldener Hirsch Hotel) and Prague (Maximilian Hotel).

Room Tip: Request room in original structure if u must
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
WebVierjahreszeiten, Verkaufsleiter at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen, responded to this review, May 12, 2011
Dear “familytraveler64”

Thank you for staying at Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten and taking the time to comment on your stay with us. We are sorry about your disappointment about your stay with.

We can assure you that all guest rooms are gradually being updated to meet the needs of discerning travelers from around the world. Unfortunately not all of the hotel’s 303 guest rooms can get a makeover at the same time – but we are doing our utmost to hurry up the process

Please accept our sincere apologies that you were not able to enjoy your stay with us. We would hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Munich.

The Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Team

Been to Hotel Vier Jahreszeiten Kempinski Munchen? Share your experiences!