“Outstanding Choice for Munich” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Torbraeu
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Tal 41, 80331 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #5 of 383 hotels in Munich
Phoenix, Arizona
“Outstanding Choice for Munich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Torbraeu for a couple of nights in June. The location is outstanding, very close the the main square in old town and right next to a metro station. The staff was very warm and welcoming, our room was ready as promised and although we booked a Jr. Suite, we were upgraded to a two room suite. The room was very nice and clean, with good A/C and strong wifi. The bathrooms was very luxurious and almost as nice as any 5 star property I have stayed at. The included breakfast was good and it was especially lovely sitting out on the terrace. Overall the service was excellent, the front desk staff very informative, they printed out some materials for me at no charge, they gave great advice on dining options as well. I would definitely stay at the Torbraeu again, it's truly a historic gem that has been well maintained.

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Turkish first
Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Can't say enough great things about this hotel. It was a splurge for us - typically we rent small apartments or stay in pensions/B&B's when we travel. This was a great value for the money! Staff was friendly and accomodating and you probably can't find a better location for seeing the centrally located sights, The room wasn't huge (there were three of us) but completely comfortable. Wifi worked well; did not need the a/c because the weather was cool enough to have the windows open. The breakfast buffet was outstanding!! We used the hotel's laundry service - you pay by the piece, drop it off before 9am at the front desk and your laundry is returned, impeccably folded or hanging, later that afternoon. We loved Munich and this hotel and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was traveling with my 2 adult sons so we needed a room with 3 beds which very few hotels could accommodate. We were set up at Torbrau with a nice room with 2 comfortable beds and a fold out chair/single bed which was just as good as the beds. Though a little cramped, we had enough room for the 3 nights we were there. The location is likely the best in town, since it was a short walk to Marienplatz, Hofbrau Haus, the Residenz, and even not bad to the Englischer Garten.
The included breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of options at the buffet. You could also order from a menu although we did not feel the need. We needed parking for our car which was provided by a small lot on the adjacent side street - very convenient. The staff were all excellent and all spoke English well. I noticed that , if you speak German with an obvious American accent, most of the locals will reply politely in English, letting you know you can continue your conversation more easily. On a final note, the price was not cheap - $1100 for 3 nights for 3 adults in 1 room. I cannot say if this is typical for the area but be prepared to pay for the amenities of this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel could accommodate 3 adults in one room comfortably.
Southwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great location, great hotel, and excellent staff. We arrived from Paris at the main train station and had a short metro ride to the hotel, which is about a block away from the metro station. Our accommodations in Paris were not quite up to what we had expected and it was a welcome relief to come to this exceptionally clean hotel. I too will keep coming back.

Texas
1,305 helpful votes 1,305 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Over the past three years I have stayed at the Hotel Torbrau a total of seven times, and I'll keep coming back for a variety of reasons.

Location: The hotel is within a couple of blocks of Marienplatz and a number of significant attractions; too, there are a number of great restaurants within a short walk of the hotel. This hotel is hard to beat when it comes to location.

Service: All members of the staff are friendly and accommodating. And they go out of their way to be helpful, whether it's recommending a restaurant, providing advice on a tour, arranging transportation, or just handling some minor detail. Members of the staff are English speaking, and some have mastered other languages as well.

Rooms: Because I am traveling solo when I visit Munich, I get the single room, which more than adequately suits my needs. The rooms I have been assigned are clean, well appointed, and well serviced. The bathrooms are large. One thing I particularly like is the fact that each room has multiple electrical outlets, so I can charger my laptop, iPhone, and camera batteries all at the same time. Wifi comes with the room rate, and I have found it to be very good. If I ever take my wife, I book a larger room or a suite.

Food: Also coming with the room rate is the breakfast buffet, located on the first floor, which is excellent. In addition to the buffet, one can order from a menu, which is also part of the package. And on the ground floor is Schapeau, the hotel's restaurant, which offers a very nice selection of entrees. Too, this restaurant is a great place to go for dessert and coffee.

As long as I continue to visit Munich, I plan to make the Hotel Torbrau my home away from home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Senoia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Hotel Torbraeu is absolutely wonderful! It couldn't be better. We arrived about 9:30am after an overnight flight. I had previously requested early check-in so we could get a short nap before seeing the city. The room was ready as we had requested. It was very appreciated. The location of the hotel to Marienplatz, Viktualienmarkt and especially the S-Bahn Isartor station is top notch. The free breakfast included was an added bonus....and delicious too! We will stay at Hotel Torbraeu when we return.

cascais
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After trying several hotels in Munich I finally found one to go back to.Great location for sightseeing and shopping,extremely helpful staff( when I left I forgot my hand bag in the taxi,I called the hotel and immediately they found my taxi and sent it back with my handbag),very good breakfast in a bright room with plenty of tables,we had a good dinner in their next door restaurant.It's worth paying a bit more for their more expensive rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Torbraeu? Share your experiences!