“Very quiet, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen

Save Saved
You added Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen to your Saves list
Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Terminalstrasse Mitte 20, 85356 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #25 of 378 Hotels in Munich
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very quiet, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

As always, Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen is an island of tranquility. Transportation to the City Center takes about 50 minutes, and S-bahn is working untill late night.
Service is quite efficient. Breakfast buffet is just wonderful.

Room Tip: Not sure. All rooms seem to be quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is great to hear such a nice comment, thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor community.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed not only the great location but although the breakfast buffet and appreciate the friendly staff.

Hope to see you soon back at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich

Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Grand Junction, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed 3 nights at this hotel between flights from Africa to the USA. I was very pleased with the hotel and with the service. Before arrival I had to make several changes in my reservations, all handled almost immediately by email. At my request a complementary shuttle car met me at Terminal 1 (I am slightly disabled, walking long distances is difficult). Front desk staff was efficient and friendly, helped with information on trains to downtown Munich and sold me the appropriate day pass at no mark-up. I travel a lot, good service is important to me! The hotel itself is comfortable, my "standard" room was large and comfortable. Like others, I mention the only drawback - the expensive WiFi. I agree with everyone else that hotels of this standard should provide free WiFi -- if budget motels can do so, why not up-market hotels?? I will stay here again next time I transit through Munich.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is located between airport's terminals.
The check in was very long and the room was not ready when we came in . The offered an upgrade for 70 euros more. It was an attempted rip off because we announced the hour of flight. Something like : for 170 euros you have to wait, for 240 you don't have to wait.
The good points of the hotel are : location & breakfast.
If you are not constrained by the hours of the flight to choose this hotel - don't choose it - it's way overpriced !

• Stayed March 2013
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

While I can't imagine why anybody would stay here except for a single night in between flights, it is fine for the latter purpose, being equally convenient to terminals 1 and 2. I don't often stay in expensive hotels, but in this instance it was worth it for the convenience and the peace of mind in knowing I would make a non-guaranteed flight connection. Our standard room was large and luxurious. The bed mattress was rather firm but not uncomfortably so, the pillows and duvet were superb, and we did not hear a sound all night long. The only niggle was that I asked at check-in if the room had an electric kettle for making coffee in the morning. The answer was that it did not but that one could and would be sent up. It never arrived. That proved to be only a minor nuisance, as I discovered I could easily fetch coffee from a Starbucks only a few minutes walk away in terminal 1. Having read other reviewers' complaints about the poor and costly internet service, I did not attempt to use it. I most certainly agree with the comment that in this day and age a hotel of this caliber should provide good, free wifi as a matter of course.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.
We really appreciated your positive comments concerning our rooms as well as the location of the hotel.
The more unfortunate is and I regret that you did not receive the requested electric kettle.
Please get back to me directly via email (claudia.soost@kempinski.com) to prepare an electric kettle for your next stay at our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

There are a lot of things that are terrific about this hotel. Of course, the location is great (between Terminals 1 and 2 at MUC airport). There is food and shopping just outside the hotel (and a restaurant in the hotel). The rooms are clean and a good size. There is a nice gym on the lower level with lots of equipment, spa, pool, etc.

Of course, this hotel is expensive but worth it if you have an early morning flight.

However, for me, what ruins the experience is poor internet connectivity. For a charge of €18 per 24 hours, I expect to be able to watch short video news clips without interruption. Perhaps stream a radio feed. If you dont want more than access to email and static internet content,I guess its fine. I was expecting a lot more. Earlier in my trip I stayed at a hotel that cost less than half of the Kempinski with flawless internet. As someone who travels ~40% of the year, I want and need connectivity. Didn't get it here.

• Stayed March 2013
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay with the Tripadvisor community.
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room as well as our spa facilities.

Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of our team for the unpleasant internet experience during your stay. Regarding our Internet service and its respective charge, I regret that lack of functionality. Please be assured that the Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich is currently working on optimizing its facilities, since it is our intention too, to provide up to date and easy-to-work-with features, systems and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

The Munich airport in its self is quite outstanding, from shops to bars to restaurants, it's like a mini city. The Kempinski hotel is in the middle of all of this. Great rooms, very comfortable with great lazy boy chair. Tub was larger than average for a hot bath before bed. All with great German efficiency.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I needed a room near the airport since I would be leaving Munich the next morning. The Kempinski offered a perfect location right at the airport within walking distance. Unfortunately, the stay was far from ideal. My list of grievances include: cold hot tub, cold pool, the slowest internet since 1992, (I had to reload page 4 times just to send an email), poor quality food for dinner in the restaurant, and a bed so hard, it reminded me of horse camp when I was 9, (I am still working on the kink in my back). The service was professional and kind, otherwise avoid this place.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
KempinskiMUC, Guest Relations Manager at Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay and would like to tell our honest excuse! We would therefore really appreciate if you could contact us directly via email (claudia.soost@kempinski.com) to discuss these issues with you in detail.

Kempinski Hotel Airport Munich

Been to Kempinski Hotel Airport Munchen? Share your experiences!