My family and I stayed at the Exquisit Hotel in Munich, Germany for 3 nights during a vacation in November 2012. It was a wonderful place to stay and would recommend it again. I will review the pros and cons:
(1) Location. Located off of a quiet street in the (active and busy) Sendlinger Tor area of Munich. The Exquisit Hotel is a minute walk to the U-bahn (subway) which can take you almost anywhere in Munich. It was an easy 10 minute walk to the Hauptbahnhof (or you can simply take the U-bahn) and there are many restaurants and shops in the area (note: Under section 3, I list a couple of local restaurants worth checking out). There is also a large pharmacy (Marien Apotheke) at the end of the street that had English speaking staff if you need any OTC meds.
(2) Staff. The staff at the Exquisit Hotel were polite and very eager to please. If we needed directions, assistance, or recommendations, the staff was ready and willing to help out. My understanding is that the Exquisit Hotel is a family business and they work very hard to satisfy their guests.
(3) Food. The Exquisit Hotel serves an AWESOME breakfast with a giant variety of items (eggs to order, cereals, breads, jams/jellys, salmon, cold means, cheeses, oatmeal, fruits, coffee/tea/juice). The chef informed me they attempt to use natural and organic ingredients whenever possible and the quality of the food they prepare is very delicious. They also have a lunch menu. However, after lunch, the restaurant seems to close down, so for dinner or a late night snack, you'll have to go elsewhere. Two options are as follows:
(3a) Food: Il Dottore - This is a trattoria and pizzeria next door to the Exquisit Hotel. My family ate here and it was beyond excellent. I had the spaghetti bolognese and my wife & son split a pizza margarita. Both meals were excellent and went well with a large bottle of red wine. I highly recommend Il Dottore.
(3b) Food: Cafe Mozart - This is across the street Il Dottore and the Exquisit Hotel. It serves a variety of different foods that are appealing to the adult palate (really nothing kid friendly on the menu). I had the schnitzel and was surprised that it was larger than my plate. The food is good, staff is friendly, and English menus are available upon request. I'd also recommend this as a dinner option in the local area.
(4) Rooms: The rooms were moderately-sized, clean, and quaint. All the basic amenities that one would expect are there. The bathrooms were clean and sufficient to our needs. The TV had a variety of stations, including several English speaking channels (primarily BBC and Bloomberg TV).
CONS: To be honest, there are not a lot of cons (hence the 4 'star' rating). Most are of a nitpicking nature, but I'll list them for completeness.
(1) WiFi: The WiFi is free, but was very slow and buggy.
(2) Elevator: Slowest... elevator... ever. I generally took the stairs because I could get to the 4th floor quicker than the elevator. However, if you have a load of luggage or packages, it's there for you.
(3) Key-ring. The keys are on a gigantic, heavy, bulky, brass key-ring. Ridiculously large. However, when leaving the hotel to hit the city, you can leave the keys at the desk.
Overall, the Exquisit Hotel was a very positive experience. Between the staff, breakfast, room quality, and the location, I would absolutely go there again if I were in the area. The Exquisit Hotel has my recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unmittelbar am Sendlinger Tor gelegen finden Sie unser privat gefuhrtes Hotel mit 48 Zimmern und Suiten. Die komfortable Innenstadtlage sowie die geraumigen Zimmer mit allen Annehmlichkeiten machen unser Hotel sowohl fur Privat- als auch unsere geschaftlich reisenden Gaste attraktiv. In unserem Restaurant sind Sie jederzeit herzlich auf ein leckeres Schmankerl willkommen oder entspannen Sie nach einem langen Tag an unserer Stadtbar bei exklusiven Cocktails und erlesenen Weinvariationen. Das Team des Hotel Exquisit freut sich auf Ihren Besuch! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, Venere, Booking.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Exquisit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Exquisit Hotel Munich