Munich doesn't exactly boast amazing hotels, at least not in the Sendlinger Tor area. The Exquisit hotel is not the type of place I'd normally stay - its rather dated, slightly musty and rickety it has an old school charm, definitely suited towards the older age group to a younger age group.
* It's very central, pop out of the subway and its just down the road.
* It's clean and tidy
* The breakfast is nice - at first I rolled my eyes and got ready for a breakfast of cold meats and muesli but as I sat down I was offered a cooked brekkie of fried eggs and bacon and toast - nom!
* The wifi barely worked, and when it did it was on half speed. I was in a corner room down the end of a corridor which might not have helped the signal.
* Took ages to find the heater - Its a real old style bar heater behind a curtain, you have to twist the knobs to turn it on, took about 2 hours to get heated up on a cold November night, then when it did get warm, it got way too warm, had to turn it right off again.
*Asked two girls on reception how to get to the airport, neither had a proper idea, both tried to help by producing a map and both gave different info on getting to the airport, a bit of local knowledge would have helped me looking like a lost lamb in the train station.
Overall, its a bed for the night and my experience of hotels in this area isn't amazing, this was one of the better ones.
- Also Known As:
- Exquisit Hotel Munich
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Exquisit Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.