“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

Hotel has the nicest staff. Everyone was super friendly and helpful. Hotel is not located near the old town but is easily reached by the subway across the street. It is only 4 stops to the Marienplatz.

Rooms are a good size with comfortable beds and pillows. Good selection of toiletries and nice shower. Desk can be utilized from both sides, a plus. Comfortable chair with ottoman. Free wifi worked well. Room and entire hotel was very clean.

Breakfast buffet was very good with many choices. Had better orange juice than most.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear “igolfCA”,
Thank you very much for staying with us recently and sharing your wonderful feedback with us and it was indeed a pleasure to share it with the entire team!
A small tip from our side, if you enjoyed your good nights stay and wish to have the same at home, then you can purchase our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed for your home – go ahead and check out our website for more information.
We hope to welcome you back soon,
Claudia, Executive Housekeeper

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bilbao, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

The hotel is fine. Located in a subway station and train. I have been in best Sheraton hotels. The reception staff are friendly and attentive, unlike the Club Lounge staff.
The hotel has a fitness center with sauna and hammam which is fine. The rooms are good, they are comfortable, quiet and spacious.
I booked a Club room, paying a price that does not reflect the service received.
As on other occasions when I travel, I booked a Club Room. In all hotels of the world that have booked this room style in the Lounge there are always different things to eat or drink, depending on schedules. Of course there is a time in every evening cocktails and canapés or where different dishes.
In this hotel is not it. There are only soft drinks, wine and beer, no other alcohol.
During the four days of our stay in the Lounge had the same things, chips, peanuts and olives as appetizer and boiled pasta. It is the first time I meet the Lounge like this.
Normally the staff caring Lounge is usually a extraordinary kindness and attention. Lounge staff of this hotel, never said hello, I was not aware of anything. They have no attention to clean the tables and replenish the trays were emptied.
At breakfast, many customers, cleaned the tables themselves to be able to sit, when other guests had just breakfast as staff Lounge or was not, or they have not attention.
Overall the hotel is fine, but not worth paying for a Club room, you will not have the service that you expect.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SheratonWestpark, General Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Javime,
Thank you very much for sharing your valued feedback with us on Tripadvisor as well as on our Website.
The general concept of the Sheraton Club Lounge – especially in Europe, is to offer our Club guests a continental breakfast in the morning and snacks during the day, which is indeed different to our properties in Asia and Middle East, as they are more introduced as 5 star Hotels and offer a larger variety of snacks and drinks. With respect to our loyal customers we decided to exceed the actual standard in many areas and to expand our offering. Our lounge breakfast, for example, offers a full American breakfast instead of continental and we serve antipasti as an all day snack. Various cakes and cookies together with fresh fruits round up our day-time offering. In the evening we offer a choice of 2 hot components and serve cold drinks including beer and wine. Although the products offered in our Sheraton Club are above standard, we will take your review to our next culinary meeting and discuss how we can improve the look and feel of the lounge.
Alexander, General Manager
Rock Springs, Wyoming, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

This is the 5th or 6th time I have stayed in this hotel I think. It is usually my preferred hotel in Munich, due to its good transport links and good standard of service. I have tried many others, and decided years ago that this was the best for a reasonable price. We could all stay at the Bayerischer Hof, but we are not all millionaires, and also I have been loyal to the Sheraton brand for about 13 years now.

In past visits I have been 100% happy with this hotel.

Sadly, I was not entirely happy on this visit 21st - 25th August 2014 (3 rooms).

I emailed to say we would be late arriving and requested a table in the hotel restaurant, which we were told would be open until 2230. We arrived at 2215, to be told the restaurant was closed and the desk had no knowledge of our request.

We were told that we could have dinner in the bar. This was true, but the menu was extremely limited and the first two pages were basically Middle Eastern dishes, with the menu in Arabic as well as European languages. We did find at the back of the bar menu though, behind the drinks menu, some European options. No Munich or Bavarian specialities. I had the Wiener Schnitzel, and it was actually very good, although quite expensive at EUR 18.50.

We unpacked in our rooms, and discovered there was no coffee machine or kettle. I have stayed at quite a few Sheraton hotels, including in the USA (Colorado, Florida etc.). I have never stayed in one which did not have a coffee machine. I do not remember this from my previous visits to this hotel in Munich either. This is totally unacceptable in a Sheraton. I complained at reception and was told that the hotel had run out of kettles.

There was a card on the desk in my room which said we could phone room service and have a single cup of tea or coffee delivered to our rooms, one cup per day per person.

This is not acceptable, in the morning when you are in a hurry you do not want to have to sit and wait for a cup of coffee to be delivered, you have other things to do (like shaving, showering, getting dressed etc.). I phoned; the staff were confused, they were going to bring me a pot of coffee for EUR5 PLUS EUR4 room service charge. I explained that this was my “free” one. They said, oh in that case it is just a single cup of coffee.

They didn’t really seem to understand that we had this card in our rooms about the ONE free cup of coffee. Well it worked OK for me, 7 minutes for my prized cup of coffee, fine. My sister’s cup of tea had not arrived after 50 minutes in the adjacent room, so she gave up and went down to reception and demanded her free cup of tea, which was then provided.

I complained again the next evening at reception, and I was told that kettles are only provided on alternate floors and that to have a coffee machine you must be on a Club Floor. I made some noise (the evening reception clerk was actually pleasant and helpful) and a kettle with tea and coffee etc. was placed in our rooms that evening.

I found the other guests very different on this visit. In the past I have found this to be mainly a business hotel. This suits me fine, I am a businessman. On this visit the hotel seemed mainly to be full of Middle Eastern tourists. This was not a problem in itself, but what we found was that all public areas were full of mothers and children playing with their iPhones/iPads etc. all evening, usually until around 2AM in the morning.

The Business Centre area near the reception and the bar were often full of these families who stayed up very late, weren’t using the Business Centre for business purposes and also were not buying anything in the bar. I complained and was told that an area on the floor above had been reserved for those of us who actually wanted to use the business facilities, so fair play, the hotel management realised they had a problem here. And also one night the bar manager basically demanded that these people buy something or else not sit in the bar.

On the plus side, the rooms were excellent and the whole hotel was spotlessly clean, so the cleaning team were doing an excellent job. I also found the night manager Michael Klein to be very helpful.

I may well come back, but I think the hotel management must be very careful to stop this hotel going completely downhill.

For these reasons, on this trip I give this hotel 3 out of 5 stars.

Robert, U.K.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Robert,
it was a pleasure to welcome you back at the Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel. We would like to thank you for the time you took to share your extensive feedback here on Tripadvisor – this feedback is extremely valuable to us, especially out of the eyes of a frequent and loyal guest, since it gives us the opportunity to constantly improve our service.
Unfortunately it seems like there was a lack of communication in house regarding your dinner request, please apologize this unlucky start to your stay and we sincerely hope that you could enjoy the food served in our freshly renovated bar. We are currently revising the menu and are actually planning to integrate further Bavarian dishes to the menu once the Oktoberfest starts.
At the Sheraton Westpark we have Nespresso Machines in all Club Rooms and Suites, while kettles are currently constantly equipped on the 6th and 8th floor, and some are on demand. However, please do rest assured that kettles have been reordered and supply will increase in short time. We have added your preference to your profile notes, allowing us to be prepared for your next stay here in Munich.
During holiday periods we have various guests from all over the world, and it does happen, that the Sheraton Munich Westpark has a slight shift from a mainly business hotel to a mix of leisure and business. Out of experience, we realized that a second Link at Sheraton is required throughout this period which is why we placed the solely Business Link at Sheraton in the conference area of our hotel.
Robert, again thank you for the detailed feedback on your last stay. The entire management team is currently working on it, to improve on the problem areas mentioned throughout your review. Nevertheless we are happy that you enjoyed your room and that we could meet your expectations here.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back soon and please do let me know in advance if there is anything we can do for you.
Alexander, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed in this hotel twice over the period of July 2014 therefore this review is combined observation from both stays.

Sometime before arrival I was contacted by the hotel and they asked whether i have any preferences or wishes for the period of my stay, which was nice of them. I asked for a high floor quiet room away from ice machines and elevators. This wish was fulfilled and I've got the room on 8th floor which was quiet. As a matter of fact I had the same room for both stays which is quite unusual.

Hotel itself is located quite away from the downtown (~30 minutes by foot or 4 stops on u-bahn from downtown. Traveling from the hotel however is quite easy as it sits in front of both u-bahn and s-bahn stations.

My room was on 8th floor, which was marked as SPG floor. Not sure if rooms were any different from the rest of the hotel. When choosing the room one would want to make sure it doesn't face railway station as traffic announcements can be heard from the rooms on low floors.
All rooms have electrically operated blinds, not all of them work reliably. So if dark room is essential for your sleep, try the blinds and if they don't work, ask to be moved.Room has free mineral water (still and sparkling), replenished daily.

Hotel restaurant is reasonable, I had dinner there 3-4 times, including burger, Greek salad, steak and trout. Price and quality was reasonable for hotel restaurant. Breakfast is offered with reasonable choice of hot and cold dishes. If one gets tired of the restaurant, there are numerous options to eat around.

Now, worst thing about this hotel is their fitness center. Located on 3rd floor it has spa (steam bath and sauna) and reasonably equipped gym WITHOUT AIRCON. This year summer was quite hot and their attempts to cool the gym by opening windows failed miserably as it was even warmer outside. So if gym is something you consider essential,for your stay I don't recommend staying at this hotel, at least in summer. Management commented that the gym is the only space which is not air conditioned - ridiculous.

All in all, reasonable hotel to stay unless you need the gym. There are other hotels in Munich of comparable quality with better fitness facilities. As such rated as average.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Dear Westpark Guest,
It is a pleasure to read, that you enjoyed your stays at the Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel and that we could fulfill your desires regarding your guest room. Unfortunately it seems like at times it was little bit too loud and not dark enough – in this case we would kindly ask you to reach out to our guest service team who will assist in any matter as fast as possible. It is our highest aim to meet an exceed the expectations of our guests which is why feedback like yours is extremely valuable to us.
You are right, our Sheraton Fitness unfortunately is not equipped with an air-condition, however we are working on a solution for next summer to avoid the heat wave during work out. Otherwise our gym was only recently redesigned and renovated allowing a spacious work-out and relaxation in the Sauna or Steam Bath.
We do hope that you will visit us again. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
Best regards,
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

When I walked through the doors, I received the normal SPG greeting that I frown accustomed to, followed by a friendly, courteous reception for check in. The process was quick and efficient; however, getting to Munich early in the day meant my room wasn't ready. Fortunately, the club lounge was.
After a brief wait, my room became ready and I found a standard clean room surrounding me. The room has a refrigerator and that's a big plus for me.
Dinner at the restaurant is good; but don't get asparagus; it's over-cooked. Best dish I has was the roasted chicken. Service is efficient and professional.
One of the highlights was Timothy from the bar. He was friendly, helpful and generous with the pours of my single malt scotch, always remembering my 2 ice cubes for the entire 10 days I stayed there.
Combine all of this with the convienence if close proximity to the S7 line and this hotel is good to deliver on all the travelers needs.
Give it a try!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear “TravelinSteve2013”,
It was great having you at the Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel. I very much enjoyed sharing your feedback with the entire team, also giving us the opportunity to further improve our product and service delivery.
Great to read, that you could enjoy the wait in the Sheraton Club – an exclusive lounge available for guests booking the club category or when being a SPG-Platinum member. In the Sheraton Club you are provided with Snacks and Drinks throughout the day, as well as a relaxed and quite surrounding with internet access.
Please excuse, that your asparagus was over cooked – I already spoke to our executive chef who will keep an extra eye on it. If you manage to pass by again, then please do let us know if we can fulfill a culinary wish for you accompanying your single malt scotch. As Timothy is still in the process of becoming a hotel specialist, feedback like this one proves him that he is on the right way – thank you very much!
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

this hotel is a series of plus & minuses and somehow or rather, these pluses & minuses adds up to a simple but practical hotel. for one, there's no Bell Service, but on the other hand, we're spared from the awkward moment of picking out loose change for tips.
the hotel also has a club lounge for use of the club room members, but it's not really a lounge proper, but a row of guest rooms on the top floor converted to become the lounge. the saving grace is that the food is constantly replenished & has a variety of middle eastern favourites to local specialities.
the room is very well appointed & the 3rd bath towel just indicated the no-nonsense approach to how this hotel conducts its business.
I would've given it a 5-star had it come with the Asian hospitality I have come to accustomed to during my travels.
a fine hotel nonetheless.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SheratonWestpark, Manager at Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Ahmad,
Thank you very much for your recent visit, and taking the time to share your feedback. This is extremely valuable to us, as it gives us the opportunity to continuously improve our service quality.
You are right, we are a very straight forward hotel with a warm and welcoming team. While our exterior can not shine that much, we try to lighten up the interior day by day. Welcoming you in a freshly renovated lobby bar, where you have the opportunity to get to know other valuable Westpark-Guests at the community table. If you prefer a more quite and exclusive area, we highly recommend booking your accommodation on the club floor – here you can enjoy the benefits of the Sheraton Club where beverages and snacks are served throughout the day (included in your room rate).
Ahmad, if you visit us again, then please do let the reception team know if you require assistance with your luggage, we are more than happy to assist even without a bell service at hand.
Best regards,
Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Modern, clean property with well appointed bedrooms and public areas. Didn't avail of food options in-house. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the transport links (S & U Bahn) are literally outside the door, just 5 stops to Marienplatz. Parking was €20 for 1 night which I felt was expensive and late check out was €20 for 2 extras hours. I would definitely stay again when in Munich.

Stayed August 2014
Dear “Jcarrig”,
Thanks for visiting the Sheraton Munich Westpark Hotel. It was a pleasure to have you here, and we very much hope to get the opportunity to serve you some of our selected meals during your next visit.
Unfortunately the parking area does not belong to the hotel and is serviced by another company, therefore we have no influence on the pricing (however we are aware, that these are the regular prices around Munich). Maybe next time you are lucky and you can park directly in front of our main entrance (these spaces are free of charge), or on Ridlerstrasse where parking costs a maximum fee of 6€ per day.
See you next time,
Sebastian, Director of Guest Services

Been to Sheraton Munchen Westpark Hotel? Share your experiences!