“Great Place And Very Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

You added The Westin Grand Munchen to your Saves list
The Westin Grand Munchen
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arabellastrasse 6, 81925 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #54 of 380 Hotels in Munich
“Great Place And Very Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed Here Last Saturday 12th April For 1 Night

Very Helpful Staff & Very Welcoming To Me & My Friend, The Hotel Bar Was Good & The Breakfast On The Sunday Morning Was Very Good , Hope To Come Back To Next Year To Go And See Bayern Munchen Play Since You Do A Very Good Deal To Go And See Them Play

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
PaulPeters, General Manager at The Westin Grand Munchen, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Peter M,
I’m very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was helpful. I’m glad that the bar and the breakfast were to your liking. Watching a FC Bayern Munich game would definitely top your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Have a wonderful day.
Paul Peters
Complex General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
København, Staden Kobenhavn, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The room was nice and the breakfast was really good.
But, I had a beep sound in my room for 2 days, without them being able to fix it - or to be precise, they went to my room and never gave me any feedback, so I assumed they thought they had fixed it. It took 3 complaints before it was fiixed. That meant that I woke up every 30 min. for 2 nights!
It was obsiously a smoke alarm that needed new batteries, so I don´t know why it was so difficult to fix.
The 2nd time I complained I got a voucher for a free drink at the bar. Fine, but it was only valid that day, and since I was at a conference, I didn´t have time to use it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
First of all, I want to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and write down your experience. I do remember the engineer informing me about the beeping and I’m truly sorry it took so long to be fixed and therefore interrupted your night. I would appreciate if you can get in touch with me, so that I can make sure your next stay with us will be much more pleasant and of course to make sure you can make use of your complimentary voucher.
Best regards and Happy Easter,
Paul.Peters@starwoodhotels.com
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel has a very nice wired swimming pool and sauna for family. The water is warm. 5 kinds of saunas (dry or steam) are helpful for adults to be relaxing.
The hotel is situated a little apart from the city center but it wouldn't be problem if you drive there. Actually, we really enjoyed staying at this hotel. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
PaulPeters, General Manager at The Westin Grand Munchen, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear AKT0711,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and liked our spa facilities with the pool and different kinds of saunas. We do hope you went back home all relaxed and we look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Zülpich
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

Westin is a name known worldwide for good quality hotels, nice staff and relaxing furnished rooms. Unfortunately this hotel, 15min away from the centre does not fit into the good name. I stay at the hotel at least once a month and am amazed every time how rude the staff is, especially to non German speakers. Starting at the reception: the staff doesn't care if you have any queries or need assistance, they just forget about the fact that they are working in a service delivery job. One stay ago a friend sent a package for me to the hotel. It was delivered the day of my checkout, but apparently nobody at the reception cared about the package and stowed it somewhere, so nobody did know where it ended up. After one month on my next stay I was asking about it again and it was suddenly found with the note: finally we get rid of it...
Coming to the restaurant: due to late arriving flights it is sometimes not easy to get some food at the restaurant downstairs, even if it is still one hour to closing time. Staff mostly already tries to kick one out, even though the place should be open till 11pm and not 10pm. If you ask why they get rude.

Finall the rooms: The cleaning is poorly, I always clean the toilet myself again because of stains in the sink. The showerhead works only on specific dates, the condition of the furniture is from dirty to broken.
Although it is a business stay and the company pays for the room, I get treated poorly, resulting in not recommending the hotel to friends.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Carramba89,

First of all I would thank you for taking the time to speak about your experience, yet it is regrettable to hear that you have not been experiencing very good service from our side. This is not what the name Westin or our hotel itself stands for. We are trained to assist our customers with any needs they have and also be able to communicate with our international guests; therefore I understand your disappointment. In addition, you should be able to receive food at our restaurant until 11pm and not have any issues with it.
A clean room and working appliances should be standard at any kind of hotel and it is unfortunate that you were not able to receive this.
It would be great if you could contact me, so I can investigate this further as I would appreciate the chance to prevent similar events from occurring.

Paul.Peters@starwoodhotels.com
Essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stopped for three nights to catch a football game and sight seeing. I liked this hotel as it is just outside the main area, I felt you got a lot more for your euro. The hotel is everything it said it is and we found not fault plus the staff are very friendly and helpful. The train station and tram links are within a few minutes walk and connections good to main area. If we visit Munich again we would defiantly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
PaulPeters, General Manager at The Westin Grand Munchen, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear IssyBell,

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments – it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. I will happily pass on your great feedback to my colleagues and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Good venue for large business meetings, with outstanding service within the business terrace area. WiFi in business area very good. Staff are excellent and switched on. Rooms are OK, largely average, but beginning to look a little scruffy around the edges. All TV channels are chargeable, even BBC World (what? why?). Replenishment of rooms was distinctly average. Restaurant is worst part of the experience. Small sushi / sashimi meu not to everyone's tastes in the evening. Breakfast was the worst I've had in Germany, really disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Kopel,

Thank you for taking the time to write down the experience you had at our hotel.
We always appreciate such feedback, so we can constantly improve service.
We do apologize for the few negative encounters you faced during your stay.
Unfortunately we have been facing issues with a couple of international TV channels, which we are currently trying to sort out.
Our Zen Restaurant has a small, mainly Asian selection for the evening, but as an alternative we offer traditional Bavarian food at our Paulaner's restaurant.
If you don't mind, I would like to get more information about your experience at breakfast, so I can sort out the issues.
I do hope you we can welcome you again in the near future and wish you a pleasant day.

Best regards,
Paul Peters - Complex General Manager
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Hotel looks like an old-fashioned concrete block from outside. But offers a luxurious and surprisingly spacious hotel experience from the inside. View is great, food is ok. Bavarian beer is the best. And the spa is also surprisingly spacious, very nice relaxing zone with a bit of beautiful black marble there.

Very beautiful hotel, once you are inside.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
PaulPeters, General Manager at The Westin Grand Munchen, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Magnus P,

thanks a lot for reviewing your recent stay with us, looks like you had a really good time, enjoying bavarian hospitality and the Paulaner beer. I am completely with you with your opinion that bavarian beer is the best. I hope you are able to come back soon to enjoy our beergarden and the wonderful city view in summertime out of our executive rooms.
My very best regards to you
Paul Peters
Complex General Manager

Been to The Westin Grand Munchen? Share your experiences!