“Outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Arabellastrasse 6, 81925 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #54 of 380 Hotels in Munich
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We stated at the Westin Grand for 5 nights during the Oktoberfest with a 1 year old. Room was great and quiet. Service at the front desk and the lounge on the 22nd floor was beyond our expectations. The employees at this hotel are top notch and catered to us. The gentlemen working in the lounge not only made sure we had everything we needed, but went out of there way to make sure our son was happy. This is by far the best service in Munich. Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Every time I passed the lobby of this hotel during my 3 days stay here, it was a sea of tourists. The room given to me was in the older section of the hotel hence quite jaded. The room balcony opened right next to the autobahn and hence was never used. There was nothing overtly negative about the hotel but just that a lot of small irritants make it a no-no.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This Westin is well managed and maintained but in my view lacks the cohesiveness of newer Westin properties. It is located outside the downtown core of Munich, but right on a subway stop. Given the excellent subway system in Munich this makes up for the mediocre location of the hotel. Rooms are large for European standards and well appointed. The lobby is a bit of a design mess, populated mostly by tourist groups when I was there. Hotel bar combines dull ambience with indifferent service and very high prices. 25 Euros for two glasses of wine!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SF
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed at this property for more than 15 years at least once every two years. The hotel consistently has maintained its property to a high level and the service levels are good to great. The staff are wonderful and especially in this trip where Air Berlin lost my luggage for two days the hotel staff stayed on it until it was found. We always feel comfortable staying there as a gay couple and love the service and food.
However!!!! If the manager reads this email we did have a run in with one staff person who was rude and very unprofessional during our stay. As a Platinum member we get access to their club room which serves breakfast and a light dinner. One morning as we were going to the special elevator to access the lounge with two friends who were visiting us the club agent stopped us at the elevator and in a very rude tone demanded to know if were we guests. I said yes we were and then she insisted to know if all four were guests. We said no and she very rudely said then they could not come into the room without paying 45 euros which was absurd. It was a perfect stay and it only took one nasty employee who obviously had little customer service training to handle such situations to leave a sour taste in our mouth. I do plan to follow up with the manager of the hotel by letter as she was really out of line.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Let me start this off by saying I have been traveling for over 20 years all over the US, Europe, Canada, Mexico, etc. most of the time I try and select Hilton properties. For some insane reason this time I selected this property. In no way shape or form am I trying to discourage anyone from selecting this location as I never made it here. You see because of sequestration here in the US travel plans were cancelled normally a non-issue to cancel. This time was much different here is the scenario:
Hotel booked a few months ago
Upon booking date hotel sends standard automatic email your room is booked
Monday morning the 23rd hotel sends email reminder 12 days after you could cancel without penalty (this was stated but again because travel was not issued can't get there)
I call to cancel on Monday 23rd still a few days before expected arrival also emailed only to be told outside the cancelation policy would have to pay 90% of total
After multiple emails and even a call to Starwood Corporate I surrendered today and paid over$1,200 for a hotel room I will never see and now have to go through the stress of most likely not getting reimbursed. However, I was told if the hotel room sells I would be reimbursed (not sure how I could actually know if that happens unless monitor site to see if sold out)

Moral of the story WATCH THE POLICIES and DO NOT EXPECT ANY UNDERSTANDING you will get a bill regardless doesn't matter if you are military or not.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Apart for the hotel is superb itself, customer service takes it to a even higher standard level. I forgot such a small thing in the room and the lost and found section was very careful and efficient to send back my item. Awesome customer service, i was amazed by it. Thanks you all for the lovely stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Don't be offset by a strange exterior (I was initially)...
Tha place keeps up the Westin standard - the interiors are amazing, rooms are specious (by European terms) and everything is there just to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
But more than anything I would rate the service - the receptions desk was really friendly and willing to help, not to mention an early check in and a late check out free of charge.
The staff in the bar is great, so is room service. All together the service and care they take of your are good enough of a reason to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Westin Grand Munchen? Share your experiences!