“Charming Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Lyon, France
“Charming Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend stay. Our room with the balcony was perfect. The breakfast was outstanding especially when we were able to dine outside on the terrace next to the garden. The staff was friendly and out-going. We highly recommend. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I agree with what people say about this place.

It is in an extremely nice and safe area. Lots of restaurants a block away. It's about 100m to the river and maybe 200m to the Deutsches Museum. The famous Marienplatz is less than 1km. And there is even a great laundromat 2 blocks away.

A real bright spot is the staff. Simply wonderful and friendly and helpful. Whenever we had a problem, they were extremely proactive in solving it, even if it had nothing to do with the hotel.

I also liked the feel of the hotel. We're not modern, antiseptic big-box hotel fans. We prefer a smaller hotel with character. But we also really like things like WiFi. Could a couple of things in the room be updated? Yes, of course. That's almost always true. But I definitely would not call this place tired.

The breakfast is very good. I'm not a jam person, but the jam they make (yes, they make it) is really, really good. And if you watch the staff closely at breakfast, you can see the level of effort they make in details that many people wouldn't even notice. And I think it's this level of detail that makes this a very nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you are looking for a Moderately priced hotel in the perfect location for sightseeing, restaurants, and transportation this is the place. First of all I can not emphasize enough the excellence of the staff. On top of that the rooms are good sized and very clean and comfortable. You also get a wonderful breakfast included in your stay. The only thing they don't have is a Spa. :-). There is a beautiful garden out the back of the hotel and literally you are 5 min. from most things you will want to see in the city center.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 205 and 206 both were great although 206 is slightly smaller but has a balcony over...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Kirchberg, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel has Been a family classic for some 7 years. There is everything you need- parking, quiet lounge/ library for working with great wifi access, luxury, top-end breakfast, 10 minute walk from the Philharmonie, where world- class performances can be enjoyed. A small, French garden gives kids space to run around. Restaurants close by and good and varied. This hotel should be part of every visitors little black book.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street. When traveling with children, the 6th floor suite is ideal...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is a very nice small hotel very near the Munich Science and Industry Museum. The service was excellent, the room was large and comfortably furnished, and the breakfast buffet was lovely. We walked throughout the city very easily from our location. The train station is a good 20 minute walk so I would suggest a cab from the station if arriving with any significant luggage. The streets and walkways have uneven pavers throughout most of the old city and it might be a little rough wheeling a suitcase for any distance. There is an excellent restaurant around the corner called the Konigsquelle. I was quite pleased with the selection of the Admiral.

Room Tip: We were in a room for two which was quite large by European standards. I did hear someone say they...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our family enjoyed our stay at this charming hotel. It is very centrally located. The rooms are very large and decorated with classic style furnishings. This hotel retains and older style that has been kept up very well. The rooms are tasteful and a Have enough room to fit 2 armchairs and a decent size sitting area. The bathrooms have high ceiling and the showers some of the best pressure around. The salon for breakfast was bright and airy and the selection was excellent, lots of fresh and dried fruit, meat and cheese, breads,juices, and muesli options. Immaculately clean and comfortable. Even though the style may be suited more for older people the charm of the hotel would suit all tastes.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I was very excited then I book that hotel which was rated as 8.8. But when I come I have realized that this is a typical 4(+/-) hotel. The only one thing differs from other - each day they put the chocolate on your bed. I have faced real service problems during the check out - Due to my personal convenience I asked to split the invoice and receipt into 3+4 nights. The girl on the desk agreed, but push wrong bottom in the system so it takes 15 minutes to cancel the wrong invoice. When she split the invoice into 3+4 and bill into 5+2 nights! As I was already in the hurry I decided to drive to airport. My letter to management asking how can I complain that situation was totally ignored. Be careful!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
hotel-admiral, Inhaber at Hotel Admiral, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Mr. Sergey G.,

Thank you very much for staying with us. It has been a pleasure beeing your host for a whole week. We honesly apologize for the unacceptable inconvienience during your check-out-procedure and we realy hope you catched your flihgt in time. In the future we will offer all our guests to send the bill vai e-mail to avoid any waiting experiences. Thank you for your assisstance. Please visit us again. We are looking forward to welcoming you in the near futur.

Best wishes to you

Kevin Voigt-Masermann

Been to Hotel Admiral? Share your experiences!