I have to admit that I wasn't initially very excited about going to Munich for the weekend and staying in a major chain hotel in the centre of town. However, we got tickets for the FC Bayern match and had to book the hotel with two weeks' notice. I did some quick research and thought this would be a decent place to stay as we weren't planning on spending much time in the room anyway. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a very warm welcome when we arrived fresh from the airport at 10 past midnight. The man checking us in was very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. The room was very large given the location and featured a free minibar (just a few bottles of water, a beer, and pretzel sticks - but still a nice touch). It is not a brand new hotel and shows a few signs of wear, but the room had been cleaned properly and wasn't at all uncomfortable. The Wifi worked well and our room was fairly quiet at night. The best part about the hotel was definitely the location - the neighbourhood itself is a bit grotty, but you are literally across from the main train station so don't have to spend very much time there. We did a ton of sightseeing on a quick weekend break and loved being able to stop by the hotel as necessary and use it as our base. I wouldn't necessarily choose this hotel if I was in Munich for several days or wanted to relax as I generally prefer more atmospheric hotels outside of the centre, but for a mini break it met our needs. It wasn't particularly cheap, but then again nothing in Munich is!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Hotel München City Center is located just 109 yards from the main train station. Relax in our comfortable surroundings: All 167 spacious rooms are air-conditioned and have WIFI. Our CBH-certified hotel boasts five meeting rooms for up to 70 people. The hotel is situated close to the train station, which is also beneficial for air travel, and the airport is a 45-minute drive away via the S8 highway. The A9 highway will bring you to the hotel, where you can park in the public garage.Our Standard Rooms are equipped with modern LCD TVs offering 100 international channels (including Sky Cinema and Sky Sports), a high-quality bed, comfortable seating, a functional desk space with WIFI, a free minibar and a kettle.Superior Rooms with approx. 323 sq. ft (30 sq. m), our Superior Rooms offer even more room for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Hotel Muenchen City Munich
- Mercure Hotel Munich
- Mercure Muenchen City Center