“lovely hotel good location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #86 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Coventry, United Kingdom
“lovely hotel good location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This hotel is fab, lovely pool great breakfast nice staff. It is really close to the train station and we had some fab days out to Saltzberg and Ludwigs castles. It is also walking distance to the main town center but it takes 20 mins or so maybe a little longer. Couldnt fault this place great base to explore Bavaria

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear JoJo_156,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is our pleasure to be your host. Look forward to welcoming you with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

Best Regards
Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cork, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Reliable location for the hotel, 10-15 minute walk to Munich city centre depending on where your going. Good size hotel rooms. The hotel look pretty date from the outside but the lobby is nice.

It was disappointing that they charge for wireless.There is two Mac computer in the corner if the lobby if you needed.

Breakfast was very good, very wide choice of foods and good coffee. There is grocery store in the basement which is handy.

Check in was fine, we did arrive early, around 1 pm but I was a little disappointed to see that we could not check in early, even thought the couple in-front of us where able to.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Aray 101,

Thank you for your most valuable feedback. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed the location and the breakfast. The standard internet is free for all our IHG Rewards Club members and is also included in our high floor superior city view rooms.
Thank you once again for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

Best Regards
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel was a total scam, and a huge disappointment. I booked this hotel because I believed that it was never possible to go wrong with the Holiday Inn-this hotel had always been, in my experience, a safe, reliable, hotel. Not the one in Munich "City Center."

First of all-this hotel is not located in the City Center. It is two subway stops away from the city center, which is somewhat close, but not truly in the city center. The neighborhood surrounding it can be described as "seedy." There are no good coffee shops or restaurants close by. If you are in Munich for sightseeing, this hotel is probably not the best choice.

When I booked this hotel, the website told me I would be getting a "standard room" which included two double beds. I was on a two week trip to Germany with a friend, so this was perfect. When I got to the hotel I was told a standard room had double twin beds or one queen bed. After complaining about what was on my reservation I was denied my request. Since we had already paid through Orbitz and Orbitz refused to do anything about it, we had to take the twin beds.

Secondly, the hotel website stated that wireless internet was available. Since Orbitz gave this hotel a four star rating, I took wireless internet for customers to be a given. Apparently wireless internet does not come with the room-you either have to pay for it or be an IHC member. When I complained about this I was given a temporary pin number to use the internet for the evening and was then refused further requests for pin numbers. There is one computer with wireless internet available in their lobby which was always in use. I am apalled, that in the year 2014 a four star hotel does not provide wireless internet to its customers. To me this is a total rip-off and a scam, especially if you are a traveler.

Last but not least, our hotel keys stopped working on the second day of our stay and we had to go and have them changed. We were also accused of using the mini bar in our room (when no one had even been in the room to clean it that day) when we had not used it. I noticed that every time I went up to the front desk and there was another customer there, the person at reception would try and charge them for using their mini bar. I overheard a lot of complaining while I was there.

I honestly don't know how a hotel that operates in this fashion is even in business. When you book a trip to Munich I would highly advise against staying in this hotel. The Holiday Inn has permanently lost my business as a result of this experience.

Room Tip: Do not pay for the internet at this hotel. There is a huge public library across the street that pr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HI_Guest_Relation, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Jacqueline,

we thank you for your evaluation. At the same time we apologise that we could not meet your expectations. I would like to take the opportunity and hereby comment on your report.
As you've already mentioned the Marienplatz is only two S-Bahn stops away from the hotel, which is directly located at the Rosenheimer Platz. Marienplatz, Munich's shopping area and the Isar bank can easily be reached by foot, the "Deutsches Museum" and the "Gasteig" Munich's cultural centre are within a stone's throw of our hotel. I am sorry to read that you were dissappointed by the location anyway.
As indicated on our website and also on the site of Orbitz our standard rooms are either equipped with one double bed (queen size) or two smaller twin beds. We do offer family suites with two queen beds but they are only available with a guaranteed reservation. A room upgrade on site is for sure possible but only against extra charge and again subject to availability. I am sorry that we could not suit your needs that day.
Internet is available in the whole hotel, but against extra charge, that is correct. I am sorry if you would expect it to be for free. Two computers with internet connection in our business area in the lobby as well as two LAN connections can be used free of charge. In addition free internet is also a benefit for all IHG Rewards Club members.
My apologies for the wrong minibar charges. Our system recognizes automatically when the minibar is touched because of the resulting change of weight. Please note that nobody entered your room. The Do-not-disturb sign was put on the door and we respected your privacy. Anyhow our reception staff got an automatic alert, that you might have consumed something from the minibar. I am sorry about the inconveniences!

Once again thank you for your report. Your comments are definately very usefull for us in the ambition to provide our guests with best service and accommodation.
We would be grateful if you gave us a second chance!

Best regards,
Franka Henke
Guest Relation
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Had a pleasant stay. Hotel clean. Staff friendly. Parking free. Restaurants are in hotel or 15min away. Breakfast was too expensive but there is a bakeri 2 min away. Would probably stay again . Location is in Industrial Area but not too far from the city.

Stayed July 2014
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Amsterdamfamilie,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is our pleasure to be your host. Your satisfaction is our primary goal. Thank you for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming zou with greater enthusiasm in the days to come.

Bets regards
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed here and found the accommodation great. The location was also fantastic as the hotel is above the Munich subway which was very convenient. Hotel staff were great in providing advice on how to use the rail system to get to locations around Munich such as Dachau and also the Airport.
Rooms were clean and a great size and the hotel had a restaurant with nice meals. Service at the bar and the restaurant was very good.
You can tell that the hotel is well regarded as it was fully booked during our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Frank V,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience here. Our location and subway is most raved about among all our guests. It is certainly a pleasure to be your host. Thank you for choosing us and for recommending us further. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Saipan, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Having stayed at the airport Munich Holiday Inn, we were expecting the same level of member benefits. We soon found out that those advantages did not apply at the center hotel. We stayed in a suite, which was nice and had a great view. Unfortunatlly, the shower temperature fluctuated, there were stains on the carpet and loud music from outside at night (not the fault of the hotel). No free parking (20 Euros a night) and no free breakfast, were perks that we were expecting during our stay. The location was good and we might stay again based on this feature, but without using our points.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RituAgni, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Alongwor,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is our pride and privilege to host our Platinum members. My apologies that we could not rise upto your expectations. The adjacent public garage is owned by the gas station and therefore is an independent business. The breakfast buffet with live cooking Station and gluten free food is normally not included in the rate. However we are always happy to include it with minimal extra charges. I hope this info will help in making your reservation next time.
Thank you once again for staying with us. Look forward to be at your service soon.

Oshkosh, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2 years ago, and my memories of it were that it was a good hotel but nothing special.

My return trip here was a pleasant surprise. In the past two years, they have upgraded the televisions in the rooms (nice flat screen; wide selection of channels). The room was very spacious. The breakfast buffet had numerous, tasty options. From the German-favorites of cold cuts and pickled herring to the breakfast standards including eggs, fruit, and cereal. Also, the fact that the Roseinheimer Platz subway station is connected underground, it made for a very easy location to stay at to get around Munich and to head out of town.

Check-in and check-out was efficient and friendly. The front desk sold postage to the US and mailed a card for me. Finally, the room was very clean.

This will be my first-choice the next time I returned to Munich.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear TravelingBadger00,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. Like you noticed, the hotel has gone through many upgrades in last couple of years. I am happy to read that you were pleasantly surprised to see them. It is our pleasure to make you feel home away from home.
Thank you for staying with us. Look forward to serving you soon with greater enthusiasm.

Guest Relations

Been to Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre? Share your experiences!