“Another nice stay at the Holiday Inn Munich Center” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #86 of 383 Hotels in Munich
Washington, DC
“Another nice stay at the Holiday Inn Munich Center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is my 4th stay at this hotel and it has become my hotel of choice when visiting Munich. This hotel is easy to get to from the Munich Airport or Hauptbahnhof as it is over the Rosenheimer Platz S-bahn station. Look for the Holiday Inn signs when coming up from the S-Bahn platform - no need to go outside your walk is inside through a shopping arcade (which can be a plus). Each stay I have been lucky to have a nice city view room (see attached pictures). This was the first time that I had free Wi-Fi with my stay - this has always been my biggest complaint on prior reviews - lack of free wifi in room or lobby. On each visit I did not have the breakfast option, as I think it is over priced. The hotel also has a bar where you can have a nice drink after long day of seeing the sights. The hotel staff is always friendly and room clean. The rooms are dated and could be updated, but I have no complaints since I hardly stay in the room anyways as I am always out sightseeing. For city sightseeing, the Marienplatz and New City Hall is about 20 minute walk or about 5 minute S-bahn ride. There is also an Euro Rental Car location next door - so you can also rent a car if you want drive to locations outside of the city like Neuschwanstein Castle. All in all, I do recommend this hotel on location convenience, room views, and clean rooms.

Room Tip: Higher floor with City View
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear CodyDC,
Thank you for your detailed feedback with several useful tips for our future guests. It is our pleasure to hear that our facility and service bring you back to our hotel each time you visit Munich. The introduction of free Wi Fi is a lovely privilege to our Elite members of IHG Rewards club. I am glad you enjoyed it.
Thank you once again for your continued loyalty and valuable further recommendation. I hope to be at your service soon in the days to come.
Ritu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Munich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

excellent place to center your trip to Munich. Close to trains museum and old town. There was a serious heat wave the days we were at this hotel, but it is nicely air conditioned and the hotel pool is also nice. Nice room comfortable beds, large bathroom. We will be back again and again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Jeanne S,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am pleased to read that the location and our facility worked out well for you.
Thank you for choosing us for your travel needs. I look forward to welcoming you soon with added enthusiasm.
Schwetzingen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This is my hotel of choice when I come to Munich. I enjoy this place each time I visit. They have self check-in and out machines. Makes it great for when they have long lines at desk. Hotel price does add up when include dogs and car parking though. And you have to pay for wifi.

• Stayed June 2013
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear The Traveller1522,
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am pleased to hear that the self check in and check out is helpful to you. Thank you once again for staying with us. Look forward to welcoming you in
the days to come with added enthusiasm.
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Location: The entrance to S-bahn station is located in the same building. The train gets you to Marienplatz in 5 mins. It also possible to have a 20mins walk to the center if the weather is good.
Room: We had a two double bed room.
Breakfast: Various choice, excellent coffee, fast service. Great!
Internet: Unfortunately not for free.
Parking: Underground parking for 20 EUR/night. Comfortable, but too expensive.
Check-in/out: For us it was fast, but we saw lines at the reception from time to time. It is possible to use Easy check-out option.
Overall: Good choice in terms of price/quality and free swimming pool is just what you need after busy day in the city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nikolay P,
Thank you for your lovely feedback and further recommendation. We appreciate your encouraging words. I understand that the additional cost of parking is sometimes a pinch in our pocket but unfortunately it is a public garage and therefore the hotel has no control on the parking prices. However breakfast buffet can be included for a lower price in your reservation. Please let us know your preference naxt time you visit us and we would be happy to assist you accordingly.
Thank you once again for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you once again with greater enthusiasm.
best regards
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Great and convenient location with panoramic views of Munich and S Bahn in the basement.
Clean and comfortable rooms and yummy breakfast buffet . Attentive service speaking most global languages.
Very popular and busy place with staff that handles the pressure admirably. Took care of receiving my E Bike and after use send it back home. Perfect personal service yo would normally only get in a 5 star hotel.
Will be back in September

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over Munichs best sites.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Mr. Wolfgang,
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I will certainly share it with the rest of the team. Thank you for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you back in September with added enthusiasm.
Best Regards
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic location, a few meters from S-Bahn and 15 min walk for the city center. Service was not optimal, asked for double bed and we only got twin. When we asked to get a room with double bed, they said they didnt have any available. Wireless and Breakfast very expensive (even though for a strange reason I had witeless internet access during my whole stay wiyhout paying). Clean in general apart from one of the towels the first day. Generally I would say that it is a good choice for a long weekend in Munich, but for sure you can find better choices for that money.

• Stayed June 2013
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear AlexSwe7,
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am pleased to read that our location worked out very well for you. My apologies for not being able to accommdate your preference. It is our sincere attempt to fulfill the guest requests. However, it is sometimes extremely hard during the busy days like Fair Period etc. Thank you for your understanding. I hope to regain your trust in our facility and services next time you visit us.
US
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Clean and comfortable rooms at this large chain hotel. Friendly service at the front desk. Being a large hotel, there are a lot of guests checking in and out and around the lobby all the time. Bar in the lobby. Breakfast has good variety and plenty of seating even at busy times it seemed. About a 15 - 20 min walk to Marienplatz (center of town) or two subway stops (S-Bahn is located under the hotel and accessible from the lobby - about a 5 min walk through the underground system which has stores and eateries). Great that there are two supermarkets under the hotel. Convenient for public transfer to the Munich Airport.

The only real issue I had is that there's no in room safe (only hotel we stayed in that didn't have this, even though some hotels were not as nice); things can be left at the desk in a main safe.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Chatterbox-2007,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel including useful tips for our future guests. I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay. Thank you once again for staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you once agin in the days to come with added enthusiasm.
Ritu

Been to Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre? Share your experiences!