“Short stay in Munich” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 383 hotels in Munich
Wehr
“Short stay in Munich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Very good hotel near the centre of Munich. A pleasant 10 minutes walk to the centre, crossing the Isar. Cannot find anything to fault with the hotel. Room good and clean, buffet breakfast good and to top it all a very good indoor pool to relax after a stressing day! The Hotel shares an underground car park which costs 20 per day.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back. The rooms appear to be well insulted. If you want to sleep with the window...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Wehr,
I appreciate your positive comments about our location, cleanliness, the buffet breakfast and the indoor pool. I am glad that you could enjoy the surroundings too. Thank you for choosing us for your short trip. I hope to welcoming you back with added enthusiasm in the days to come.

1,225 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Greek first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Staying at this hotel for about 2 weeks, cos of S-Bah / U-bah and also the connected supermarket, thus my husband pick this hotel. This is my 1st time staying in this hotel.
1) Room - ok
2) Bathroom - Not ok, woman essentials was not provided , we got to call house keeping to request, i find it was rather troublesome, thus i buy my own , cotton wool , cotton bud.
3) Breakfast - everyday is the same! After 2 days of the same breakfast, it turn me off! And it charged 9 Euro.
4) Housekeeper - attitude ok , but cant communicate . Request for cotton wool / buds , but the house keeper does not understand me.

Overall, ok. The next time i will not pick this hotel. Still prefer next door Novotel Hotel.

Dear WennKoh75,
Thank you for taking time in providing us with your most valuable feedback. I am pleased to read that the location and room were upto your satisfaction. My apologies for not rising upto your expectations of available vanity items and the breakfast offered. It is our sincere attempt to offer variety of food items including fresh fruits, gluten free choices etc. to make a healthy start of the day. The live cooking station generally suits everybody's taste. However I have made a note of your observation and will certianly share it with the relevant department to reconsider improvements.
Thank you once again for staying with us. I hope to regain your trust in our facilty and services next time you visit us.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days on a business trip, the location of the hotel was very good, connected to the sub way not far from the city center. over all the hotel was very good.
this hotel does not offer free Wi-Fi you need to pay 35 EURO for one week. hotel is connected to a good supermarket, breakfast was great however it is too crowded.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Mohamed E,
Thank you for taking time and sharing with us your thoughts about our facility and services. I am glad our location worked out very well for and you liked our breakfast and facility over all. I agree it is sometimes busy in our breakfast area during the peak hours. We recommend our guests to utilize the off peak hours if possible for a much relaxing expereince.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future with added enthusisam.
Kind regards
Geneva, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

This was a quick overnight stay necessitated by an airline strike, so I chose this hotel in order to get the opportunity to see part of Munich. The rooms were comfortable and reasonably quiet. Of course my travel agent forgot to provide my Priority Club number, and I forgot to mention it at check-in, otherwise I'm sure I would have receied an even nicer room. I didn't get a chance to enjoy the breakfast as I had to get back to the airport. There are several nice restaurants in the area, along with a subway stop.

Dear Larryd6578,
Thank you for choosing us for your travel plans and for leaving us the positive feedback. I am glad that you liked your room. It is always a good idea to mention the PC membership number at reservation so that you get the PC benefits at check in e.g. already prepared registration card, room blocked on the PC floor when available, free water etc. I am sorry that you had to leave without enjoying our breakfast buffet. I look forward to welcoming you back soon in the days to come.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in April. Rooms were clean and plenty big for me. I had a room on 7th floor as a priority club member and also had a room with free wifi. The only comlaint was having to ask how to get the free wifi as it was not explained at reception and I didnt want to have a large charge on my bill.

Ordered the Clb sandwich on room servce whch was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear TravelfanEdinburgh,

Thank you for your loyalty as PC member. We value it. I am pleased to read that you liked the room on PC floor. The use of WIFi is usually explained as soon as you log in. However, I understand your concern and will certainly share it with my colleagues at reception so that they can inform our future guests. Thank you for your candid feedback. I appreciate it.
I look forward to welcoming you again with greater professionalism in the days to come.
Miami Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

The hotel is located on the Rosenheimer S-Bah stop which gives you excellent connections to visit the city. The S8 train takes you directly to the airport (40min). The hotel has different room configurations, for a family of four we had to reserve two rooms (65 Euros each), even though we requested a connecting room months in advance they did not have one available when we check in and had to settle for a room across the hall. The rooms are clean and small. For some reason this hotel does not offer free Wi-Fi, and it is expensive (Shame on you Holiday Inn). The biggest benefit of this hotel is the location above the S-Bahn station, with easy access to a supermarket and to a nearby restaurant Villa Italia with excellent food and price. There is a Hilton and a Novotel very close.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Elector,

Thank you for taking time and providing us with your candid feedback. My sincere apologies for not being able to fulfill your request upon check in. It is sometiems extremely challenging to block connecting rooms because of the high occupancy. I appreciate your undersatnding. Wi Fi is included in our high floor city view rooms and the two computers in the lobby are also available free of charge to all our guests. I hope this info helps you next time you visist us.
Thank you once agin for choosing us for your travel needs. We appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you with higher service standards in the days to come.
Toulouse
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

nice location with an easy access to the motorway (to go to Ottobrunn) and close to the historic part of the city. Room correct except the TV ( poor reception unacceptable for this kind of hotel) and noisy clim.
Breakfast is good but too many people in the rooms. Special mention to the club sandw on the evening which is "une tuerie !"

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
RituAgni, Guest Relations at Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Dear Cedric B,
Thank you for leaving us your valuable feedback. I am glad that the hotel location worked out well for you. The TV upgrade to flat screen is awaited this month and will surly improve the reception. The breakfast room unfortunately gets overcrowded on our busy days and therefore we recommend our guests to use off peak hours if possible, for a relaxing experience. I will share your comments with the relevant department to reconsider improvemts.
Thank you staying with us. I look forward to welcoming you in the days to come with enhanced service standards.
Warmest regards
Ritu

Been to Holiday Inn Munich - City Centre? Share your experiences!