“Table dancing next door...” 3 of 5 stars

Package Deal
Ranked #130 of 385 Hotels in Munich
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Table dancing next door...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I am giving this hotel a 3 star, because the staff genuinely tried to make the best of the obvious drawbacks of the hotel.
First: The surrounding shops around the hotel are table dance restaurants, cheap souvenir shops and mobile phone places. It is ok, if you have a meeting there and do not get out of the conference room. However, I was there with small children, and I found it appalling.
Second: the rooms are very dated, unless you opt to pay for an upgraded room (I think it was 20 Euro more).
Third: Most fellow guests were very noisy and loud. Of course, this is not the hotels fault, but is added to the negative experience.

The staff was very helpful, when I changed my room (smelled of smoke). The next room did not smell bad, but was very dated.

I like hotels, that give me a true feeling of the city I am staying in. The Maritim Hotel in Munich, made me feel as if I stayed in the red light district of some seedy city.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel. This is not a hotel to get a Munich experience.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kortrijk, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Maritim München is a standard-issue, well-maintained business hotel right next to Munich main station. It could do with a refurb, as the general style is very 1980's. Luckily, they started doing just that in the last year.

There is no free Internet in the room, which I find baffling considering the price they charge for a single room. Instead, you're left to pay for cabled or wireless Internet at rather hefty rates.

While the hotel is centrally located, it is not the nicest part of Munich. Casino's, strip bars and massage parlors are part of the local atmosphere. I had no qualms with that, but it may not be the ideal location for a romantic getaway or when traveling with children.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the refurbished rooms. You'll escape the "dark woord and carpeting" exp...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This hotel was booked through Priceline. I booked it at a great price, so that was advantageous. The hotel itself is well situated in Munich. It's within steps of the Hauptbahnhof (Train station). This worked exceptionally well for us as we were arriving by overnight train.

When we checked in it was only 9am. I'm always aware of the demands hotels have, especially when checking in early. I did not expect to get a room this early, so I was just hoping to have them store our luggage while we walked around the city (like zombies - we were tired). Nonetheless, that's what I was prepared for. Instead, the front desk attendant found us a room and checked us in - no fee, no hassle. I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel itself is more of a business hotel. That was my impression. It is very much outdated compared to other brands, especially since it is 4-star. The rooms and bathroom are large and spacious. There is a small sitting area with two chairs - comfortable yet worn out. Plenty of storage space for individuals with lots of luggage. Despite needing some updating, it is a very clean hotel. Well maintained with care.

The hotel is also very close to city centre. We were able to walk to Deutsches Museum in 20 minutes, Marienplatz is 10 minutes away. There are lots of food options just around the corner, including access to strip clubs and gambling halls. But that wasn't an issue. It's a safe area in my eyes.

Great value. Great choice. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our room was the second farthest from the elevators. We had to walk down two long hallways. If you p...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very good hotel,spacious rooms,good location.
breakfast has the great choice of anything you desire.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
MaritimHotelMunich, Manager at Maritim Hotel Munchen, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear „Uwe N“,

Thank you for your stay at MARITIM Hotel Munich and for the time you have taken for the evaluation of our house.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Very close to train station. It takes less than 5 minutes by walk. The hotel is close to attractions like marien platz. Spacious clean rooms. The proximity to adult club can be ignored since there is nothing happening from outside. There is nothing negative I Can think of. Got the room in price line for usd 90. Great value for money

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear „dorairaj_v“,

We feel very happy that you enjoyed your stay and looking forward to welcome you again in our MARITIM Hotel in Munich.

Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Family trip, hotel booked through Priceline for $90. Right next to the Hauptbahnhof so easy to get to Marienplatz in minutes. Room was clean and fairly spacious. We didn't do much in the hotel but it had its own parking garage nearby that was convenient, too. I think the only drawback to the location is having to walk past the strip club with my family on the way to/from the train station :)

Great value, IMO.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear „dgoode“,

Especially remarks from our guests may help us to improve our services. We feel very happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stayed here two nights on business. Breakfast buffet was pretty good, but expensive if you have to pay (I did not). My room was a bit musty, reasonably clean. The staff at the front desk were not very eager to help, not outright rude but mostly indifferent. Good location, very near to the main train station, but the area is a little seedy depending on what you are used to (did not bother me though).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Maritim Hotel Munchen, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear "hikingfamilyphilly",

Thank you for your stay in our MARITIM Hotel Munich. We were very pleased to welcome you as our guest and would like to apologize for the inconvenience that we have caused.

MARITIM Hotel Munich

Richard Mayer

Been to Maritim Hotel Munchen? Share your experiences!