“If friendly staff is more important than ambiente, this is the right place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Munich City

You added Hilton Munich City to your Saves list
Hilton Munich City
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rosenheimer Strasse 15, 81667 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Special Offer
Book early, up to 20% off
Ranked #97 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Halberstadt, Germany
“If friendly staff is more important than ambiente, this is the right place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Good hotel, a bit outdated for my taste regarding the interior, but well maintained. The only thing that really bothered me were the long floors/walls with hardly any pictures on the wall. Looked horrible, felt the same.

However, the staff is, what makes this hotel shine. Therefore I can recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellerson tripadvisor. Your feedback is very important for as it allows us to better identify the areas where we need to improve our services and product.

I was very pleased to read your feedback about our hotel team. We are always tryiing to create an unforgettable stay for our guests and to make them feel cared for, valued and respected and our team members are, without doubt our biggest asset.

I am pleased to share with you that we are already in the planning phase for a renovation and we hope to begin it in the very near future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Thessaloniki, Greece
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

we had made the booking in March in order to visit Munich in April. we had also paid the full amount at the time of the booking. Upon arrival at the hotel it was requested by the staff to provide them with a debit card in order to have in case extra charges (eg mini-bar) arose. We did and continued on with our journey. On the debit card I provided, I had transfered a set amount of money for the trip (plus some extra) which I considered to be enough for all my expenses. Unfortunately, after checking-out of the hotel and when I tried to access my money, I realised I could not. I was in Munich (fortunately only the last day) without money and I did not have access to my bank account to understand why. Upon arrival home, I discovered that the same amount paid for the hotel one month ago was also withheld from my debit card when I check-in to the hotel even though the fee had been paid in full one month earlier and was told that the debit card was required for extra expenses that MAY arise. I was not told that they were going to withhold that amount again, I was not informed of that while booking the hotel (because I would not have booked it had I known), I find this action unacceptable by any standard since they can charge my card after they checked if there was an extra charge and not before, I was left in a foreign country without access to money that was supposed to be in my bank account and after communication with the hotel management I was told that this was hotel policy (which I did not happen to read anywhere-and if indeed it is should be mentioned in a prominent way and not hidden somewhere in small writing) and that the money would be unblocked in five days (they were much quicher to block it though...). When told that it cannnot be Hilton policy since it did not happen in any other Hilton hotels I stayed, they changed their story saying that it was Munich Hilton hotel policy. I find this practise unacceptable because it practically doubles the budget that you need to set aside for hotel expenses for your trip even though they require you to pay the full amount in advance. I hold them solely responsible for ruining my trip and causing me the extreme stress of being stranded in a foreign country without money. I will make it my personal duty to inform as many travellers as possible fot this situation.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City during your most recent visit to Munich. We appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and other travelers. It is only through feedback such as yours that we can continue to identify the areas of the hotel that we need to work on to ensure every guest enjoys their time with us and continues to feel valued, respected and cared for.

As we wanted to ensure that you see our reply, we took the liberty of writing to you directly as you had given us your e-mail address when you arrived. I do hope you received our e-mail and you are happy with our response and action. If we can be of any further assistance please do feel free to contact us directly.

Best regards from Munich,

Robina, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in April 2014. The hotel is average at best and cannot be rated higher than three stars.
The 'conveniently located' S-bahn station in the lower level of the hotel which is used as a selling point does not help much when one still has to haul one's 30kg luggage up a flight of steps before reaching an elevator to the lobby.
There was no help provided with our luggage in checking in and in checking out. We asked about help in getting our luggage back down to the rail station when we checked out but the concierge told us hat there will probably not be anyone available to help us and we should use the elevator (it does not go down all the way to the station - see my earlier point), or the escalator - way outside the building.
Our room was so hot all the time that I was feeling ill and had to leave the window open day and night. The air conditioning was on but unresponsive - even before I was forced to open a window. The air con stayed on the same temperature irrespective of the setting we selected. On entering the room for the first time we almost fainted from the heat. After an hour I discovered that some-one had turned up the heater in the bathroom (hidden way under the vanity basin) to its full setting and we switched it off. In addition, the bathroom tiles around the shower have black mould in their grouting - a clear health hazard.
The fee being charged for internet access is ridiculous. Plus, if you want to watch any TV channel at all, it costs 5 euro. This is the first time in my life a hotel actually tried to charge me to watch CNN.
The decor of the hotel is dull and dated. The walls of the corridors are badly scratched and marked on the lower sections with the corners damaged . Overall, the place could really use some paint.

Do not even get me started on the two, pathetic, lumpy pillows on our bed. We requested two more, which when they arrived, were even worse! Having hard, scratchy bits sticking through the covers and were lumpy and smelly.

Dear Guest,

First of all I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us. Without your feedback we would not be able to acuratly identify the areas of improvement in our hotel!

I am very disappointed to read that you did not enjoy the time at our hotel. Please do allow me to apologize for the inconveniences you expended during your stay.

I do apologize that you did not get the luggage service you expected. I have already discussed this with our Head Concierge in order to improve on this. We are also looking at ways to convert the few steps you mentioned into a ramp to make it easy to access.

I would be most grateful if you could e-mail me directly at Bianca.steppan@hilton.com with your room number in order for me to rectify the heating issue and the discoloration in the bathroom. Both these points are certainly not representative of our hotel and we will resolve them with urgency.

Thank you for your feedback about the internet and TV. I am delighted to inform you that since mid april we have, bases on Guest feedback, amended our internet charges to €10 per day and €5 per hour.We believe this is to be a much better offer. Our TV system offers a wide selection of channels for free and then a selection of channels against the fee you mentioned. Perhaps we need to review how we inform our guests of this offer.

I have spoken to Housekeeping about the walls and pillows and hope to rectify this as soon as possible in order to ensure no other guest has the same experience.

Once again I do apologize that we did not meet up to your expectations on this occasion and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bianca Steppan
Executive Office
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This is an amazing hotel. Its right on top of a subway station, so its about as convenient as it gets and you can get anywhere in the city within a few minutes without having to expend much energy if you don't want to.

The service is incredible and everyone was extremely polite and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable and well decorated and we didn't experience any problems with anything during our entire stay. We stayed about 4 days overall and wished we could have stayed longer, but unfortunately they don't allow you to live there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bianca S, Executive Office at Hilton Munich City, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.

I delighted happy to read your positive feedback about your stay at our hotel, especially your comment regarding our service, it was great to read this because our team members are our biggest asset in creating an unforgettable stay for our guests.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Floris Licht
Hotel Manager
Flemington, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

This hotel was everything I expect from a Hilton: excellent room, nice lobby, good options for food in the lobby (such as a delicious chocolate croissant and decaf coffee, to stay or to go), etc. Location was very convenient -- just a couple of subway stops from the city center, and you can get to the subway by taking an elevator down from the lobby. I paid 99 Euros (paid in advance) and this was an EXCELLENT value for that price. I have paid more like the equivalent of 150 Euros for similar hotels in the U.S..

My only minor complaint was that the concierges sorted of acted like you were imposing on them by asking questions. But they were informative nevertheless. Maybe I am just used to a more bubbly American style. But the concierge was closed from 6-9 pm on Saturday evening, which seemed a little odd.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your positive feedback with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We always strive to create an unforgettable stay for our guests and therefore it is great to read that we reached our goal.

I already passed your constructive feedback regarding the concierge team on to our Head of the Concierge in order to improve on this point.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My husband and I were impressed the moment we walked in and throughout the 2 night stay in the king deluxe room. We would stay again and will recommend it to friends and family who travel to Munich.

Spacious room, comfortable bed, big bathroom, completely updated. The staff was very courteous and accommodating - fabulous customer service. The room and whole hotel were very clean.

It is easy walking distance to most of the famous sites: Haufbraus, Marienplatz, etc. also right next to the Rosenheimer Platz S-Bahn station, an easy way to get around town if you don't want to walk. You can actually buy tickets for the subway at the concierge center (that is how we got to and from the airport).

We did not try the restaurant, but the bar staff was great. Stay at the Hilton Munich City!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us a feedback about your stay at Hilton Munich City. I hope you had a comfortable journey home.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. We strive to make our guests feel cared for, valued and respected and therefore I was more than happy to read that we achieved this during your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Munich City in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The Hilton Munich City is a business hotel in a great location. Restaurants and supermarkets nearby, and located right above an S-bahn station. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The rooms were clean and comfortable. Beds were comfortable, but the pillows were not. Some noise coming into our room overlooking the street.
Parking charges are high, but this is to be expected in most European cities. Internet charges are also very expensive, but there is free internet access in the public areas of the hotel.
Not the fault of the hotel staff that we were unaware of the daylight saving time change that Sunday, but a reminder would have been helpful to avoid our having to rush to catch our flight.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I want to take the opportunity to thank you for choosing to stay at Hilton Munich City and for sharing your experiences with us and other travellers on tripadvisor.
I was happy to read that you were satisfied with your stay and that we could persuade yourself about our qualities.

Thank you for your feedback regarding parking and internet. Our car park is not the property of Hilton but of Park One. So here we have little influence.Following extensive feedback and research we decided to reduce our internet prices to 5€ per hour or 10€ per day. It is also a Hilton Standard to offer free wifi in the public areas of our hotel. I do hope this is to your satisfaction.

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the daylight saving time change. We did have extensinve signs around the hotel to inform our guests of the change but we will certainly look how we can communicate this better the next time.

Operations Manager

Been to Hilton Munich City? Share your experiences!