“A break from german” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Hong Kong, China
“A break from german”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

A friend and i have been travelling in various countries near germany for the last few months, and though the food we've had was excellent, we got kinda tired of big positions of meat every night. Looking on tripadvisor this seems to be quite a popular choice so we walked 20mins from our b&b to find this place.

I gotta say it's super worth the trip. I'm asian and use had many vietnamese cuisines my whole life but this has to be one of my fave viet restaurants. My friend and i both ordered the rice noodles, he got the beef one wrapped with some leaf (highly recommend), i got mine with chicken. Although i'm used to the noodles being cold in other viet places, the luke warm noodles were not bad. I loved all the ingredients placed into the bowl. The meal was a light alternative/break during our travels!

91% Recommend
Galway, Ireland
“Very nice! Would go back again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Excellent food with a very nice ambience. Very friendly staff who gave us a free birthday desert and called for a taxi to take us home! 3 course meal for 2 with wine was 52euro- a bargain! Would definitely recommend this restaurant. Will be going back :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Visited twice in 3 days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Lovely fresh food which is much more authentic Vietnamese than many places.

I loved the curry, stir fry and a fresh noodle dish. Spring rolls were great as well!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Extremely overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Not sure how this restaurant got so high on tripadvisor. They ingredients were fresh, but the service was atrocious and the duck was terribly overcooked. The noodle bowl my wife got was very dry and she ended up putting my duck sauce over it just to be able to eat it. All in all a nice break from German food, but this place would in the bottom half of new york restaurants.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Grasse, France
“Best Vietnam Restaurant for me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

There is a large Vietnamese community in Paris so we know the food quite well. We also have eaten in various Vietnamese restaurants across the globe (US, Latin America and Asia) but never been in Vietnam.
I know Asian (especially Chinese) restaurants very well. This restaurant is an absolute MUST for anybody who wants to eat excellent fresh, home made Vietnamese food. I can't praise this restaurant enough - the young man who served us the food was very kind and explained various dishes - we loved his insight views and the sheer unbelievable taste of the food - in MUNICH !!
All thumbs up for this restaurant who would deserve a Michelin star in my opinion.
Besides all good dishes - ask for Vietnamese coffee and be surprised (positive surprise of course). You never had coffee like this before in your life - forget about Cappuccino or other Italian coffee...
I will as often as i can return to this gourmet jewellery....

• Visited August 2013