“Maybe European Chinese” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Maybe European Chinese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visited this restaurant mid week. It was OK for a change form Bavarian food but not what I would expect from a Chinese restaurant (disclaimer, I like to eat in Chinatown). I found the food way too salty and flavours were muted in general. The dim sum appetizer mix was good but the mains were not remarkable. BTW, my comment about salty food practically applies to most places in Germany but this was even more.

I also found the bill a bit pricey

Service was good

Visited April 2013

Ayr
“A good quality find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Small and cosy with very friendly atmosphere - recommend you book well in advance. Try the crispy duck - a real plateful! Also try the special teas. Really good quality food.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Munich, Bayern, Germany
“Finally a decent Chinese Restaurant in Munich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Been living here some time now and one of my complaints has always been that I could not find a decent Chinese restaurant in Munich. There are lots of "Asian" restaurants that service the whole range of Asian foods, including Chinese, Thai, Japanese, and whatever else they feel like putting on the menu this month. Chi is authentic, food is excellent, service is excellent, and the owner is there, and she likes you to be there. You have to try the duck, it is real Hong Kong style with just the right spices and accompanying sauces. I have been back now three times and I was reluctant to talk about this place as I want to keep my secret a secret, but it is time to share.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Zurich
“Without reservation no chance to eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We passed by this restaurant twice, on different days at different times, without reservation, and were not able to have more than a glimpse at the establishment. Both times we were told that without reservation there is no chance to eat there. We were not offered a table at a later time, but immediately complimented out of the door. Very obviously these people did not need our business...

The food may be good here, but we won't be back.

• Visited September 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Perfectly Decent Chinese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

A very intimate restaurant in central Munich which provides enjoyable chinese food but is a little let down by being (on the night I went at least) a little slow in the area of service although perfectly nice when in attendance. I went on a very busy Saturday night and enjoyed a very pleasant meal (Hong Kong chicken). I found the wine somewhat overpriced with the least expensive red wine (German) at €31. The food itself was good but not as hot as I might have liked when it arrived at table. My companion certainly enjoyed their crispy duck pancakes and indeed their visit more than I did. Faster service may have bumped this retaurant up to a 4 for me.

• Visited March 2012