“Without reservation no chance to eat here!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romance, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Zurich
“Without reservation no chance to eat here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We passed by this restaurant twice, on different days at different times, without reservation, and were not able to have more than a glimpse at the establishment. Both times we were told that without reservation there is no chance to eat there. We were not offered a table at a later time, but immediately complimented out of the door. Very obviously these people did not need our business...

The food may be good here, but we won't be back.

• Visited September 2012

The Hague, The Netherlands
“Perfectly Decent Chinese”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

A very intimate restaurant in central Munich which provides enjoyable chinese food but is a little let down by being (on the night I went at least) a little slow in the area of service although perfectly nice when in attendance. I went on a very busy Saturday night and enjoyed a very pleasant meal (Hong Kong chicken). I found the wine somewhat overpriced with the least expensive red wine (German) at €31. The food itself was good but not as hot as I might have liked when it arrived at table. My companion certainly enjoyed their crispy duck pancakes and indeed their visit more than I did. Faster service may have bumped this retaurant up to a 4 for me.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kosice, Slovakia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

We went there for a quick lunch menu, but we saw so many dellicious courses in the menu that we had to come back also for a dinner. And I have to say it was really good idea, the atmosphere, stuff and meal from appetizer to desert was great, and soups! We enjoyed this place very much, spend there more than 3hours.

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Spring Lake, New Jersey
“Crispy Aromatic Duck !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

This was the second time we went to Chi having read in a local newspaper that (finally!) there was a restaurant in Munich serving Crispy Aromatic Duck. Previously I had the pleasure of enjoying this only when visiting the U.K..

It was worth the visit. Depending on your appetite Chi offers a "starter" and "main dish" version. Yes, I chose it as a main dish. Really good.

• Visited September 2011
Munich, Germany
“Modern and authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

Tried the Chi Hong Kong cuisine as I miss good chinese food and I have been looking for a good one for years. I was there for lunch and as I tried the soup I knew it was fresh and the ingredients had quality. I ordered the Lo Mein with chicken and it was really delicious. I was back with my wife for the evening as we both have been looking for a chinese that really does have quality and tastes great. We have finally found one after 5 years !! I can only say, try it out as the food is really good and the service too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere