“Good choice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Belgrade, Serbia
“Good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

New motel, easy to find, polite and friendly staff, small but very clean room, daily cleaning, elevator is activated only with the key room so not everybody can get in easy. Good connection with U-bahn and S-bahn to the centre (15min away). Even if motel is located at the railway station, there is not much noise. One door for toilet and bathroom (if you close the toilet the bathroom is opened and reverse) :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was traveling with my boyfriend and we called the hotel the morning before arriving to confirm our reservation and to let them know we would be arriving late. We asked them to reserve a room for us and they said it was fine because they have 24 reception service.

We were driving from Frankfurt and we didn't arrive until midnight. The guy at the reception was extremely rude to us when we tried to check in. He told us that we do not have a reservation, even though he didn't try to look, and that the hotel is booked and all the guests with reservations had already arrived. I tried to give him a print out of our confirmation from Expedia but he wouldn't look at it. We had to find another hotel to stay in at 1am and ended up staying at a holiday outside of town.

Their customer service was horrible. The guy at the reception didn't even try to help us find a room in the middle of the night or apologize for the mix up. I told him I had called earlier in the morning and confirmed my reservation but since I couldn't tell him the name of the person I spoke to, he couldn't help me.

I DO NOT recommend this hotel. It seems like a good deal, but if you run into a problem, then you're out of luck. Not worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vicenza, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

There is only two things to say about this hotel: it's the best value you can find in Munchen (only 49€ a night, far cheaper than the average) but you get really the bare minimum: rooms are super small (just the bed and 1 meter of space around it) bathroom and that's it.
Parking, breakfast etc is extra.
I must say that the rooms are new and clean, the hotel is quiet (even if it is just in front of Moosach train station).
It is about 15 min drive from the center, but having trains, buses and trams stop just in front is very easy to get there.
This is mostly a business man hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
greystones, co. wicklow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel is perfect. We spent 3 night there and could not fault it. It is located minutes from any public transport. Feels safe. It has a great coffee shop just next to it with great selection of breakfast or lunch. Rooms a in the small size but sufficient. There is one door wich share the shower and the toilet, that was funny. If you are in the toilet area the door does not close the shower. I suppose you have to know well the other person in the room but that didn't put me off. We laught about it.

Room Tip: The train going to and from the airport sometimes doesn't go directly to the airport. When we w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights while visiting family in the Moosach area. The room was quite small - and I do mean small - but for a short stay we did not mind, as we spent our days out in the city anyway. Our room was clean, comfortable and quiet. It is very close to public transportation, so getting around Munich was easy. This hotel is very good for a short stay and/or travel on a budget.

• Stayed April 2013
Carrboro, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My experience at LetoMotel was a mixed bag. It is very cheap and the location is decent, but it had some drawbacks as well. I will list both the pros and the cons.

The price is the single biggest selling point for the hotel. When I visited Munich I simply couldn't find another cheaper hotel where I dared to stay. (A few cheaper options existed, but the reviews were pretty frightening.) If you are on a budget, LetoMotel is an excellent option.

The location is decent. It is a long ways from the city center, but it is right next to both a U-Bahn and S-Bahn line, so you can get anywhere you need to go quickly. It's also a straight shot on the S-Bahn from the airport, which is nice. It's also within walking distance of the Schloss Nymphenberg, which was convenient since that is one of the few places in the city that is not easily reachable by public transportation. But you are a long way from the city center, so you need to take public transportation (or drive) if you want to go downtown. And the dining/nightlife options in the immediate vicinity are quite limited.

However, you get what you pay for to a large degree. As others have noted, the rooms are small. I didn't have a problem with that; there was room for my suitcase and my computer, which is already I really cared about. But the rooms are cozy, particularly if there is more than one person.

My more serious complaint was that the air conditioner in my room did not seem to work at all, which made the summer night very uncomfortable. I had to sleep with my window open, which was a bit noisy. (I didn't hear any trains, but I was on the opposite side of the hotel from the train tracks. There was definitely road noise, though.) And the lack of air conditioning did not seem to be specific to my room. My sister stayed in a different room during my visit, and there was no air conditioning in her room, either. Maybe this was the result of a temporary mechancial malfunction or something, because I didn't see complaints about this from other reviewers. But I thought it was worth mentioning.

I also had some annoying interactions with their staff. They refused to let me check into my room until the late afternoon of the day I arrived even though I had requested an early check in (and I'm pretty sure the hotel was not full). Also, the wifi stopped working for about 24 hours and the staff couldn't tell me anything about when it would start working again or other places where I could access the Internet. This was frustrating, given that I needed to check my e-mail for work.

I debated about giving an "average" rating, but I decided that "very good" is a more appropriate rating given the price. Still, be advised that the cheap price comes with certain drawbacks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to LetoMotel Muenchen Moosach? Share your experiences!