I was looking for a place to stay for one night before catching a flight out of MUC. I was attracted to LetoMotel because it was very close to the S-bahn 1 route to the airport and because it was cheap. Here's what I can report.
It is literally next door to the S-bahn Station. It is pretty much impossible to get on the wrong train to the airport (unless you get on the train heading in the wrong direction), or to screw up a transfer from the U-bahn to the S-bahn. I've stayed walking distance to the Hauptbanhof and I've stayed in Sendlinger Tor and had to transfer at Marienplatz and I can assure you it's possible for even experienced travellers to get turned around in those big stations. Not so in Moosach.
The room is small -- really small. I mean really, really small. But it is designed very cleverly to maximize the usability of the space that is there. The shower is a very good size, the toilet is not cramped at all, the wi-fi works great, the TV is a nice little LCD.There is airconditioning, but it's not very powerful. For one night it was perfect. If you're staying more than one night and intend to spend any time in the room, yout will find it very cramped. But if you intend to spend all your time out of the room, and are just looking for a comfortable cheap place to crash, the room is fine.
No dining room/bar but there is a bakery next door and the vending machine sells beer.
Transportation downtown is good. The tram stop is right in front of the hotel, and the U-bahn also stops at the station next door. No matter how you get downtown, it's a long trip.
The front desk staff were polite and helpful.
For a one night stay, or even two nights, I'd stay there again. Any longer than that and I'd stay in one of the downtown hotels I like, even though the LetoMotel is much cheaper. But if you're on a budget, don't mind the fact that you are in the suburbs, and can live with the very small room, the LetoMotel is a really good option.
- Also Known As:
- Letomotel Muenchen Moosach Hotel
- Letomotel Muenchen Moosach Hotel Munich
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LetoMotel Munich - comfortable stay for small money. Perfectly connected to U-Bahn and S-Bahn, only 12 minutes from city-centre. 93 smoker- and non-smoker rooms. Free broadband internet available in all rooms and internet terminals in lobby. 24/7 checkin/out. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your LetoMotel Muenchen Moosach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.