“Our Favourite Munich Restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Afghan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
West Midlands
“Our Favourite Munich Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I wrote a review of Nigin a year ago, 12 months on we still visit every 2 weeks when I am in Munich. The food, service, décor is as excellent as ever, the only difference is that it is busier so for Friday and Saturday we always need to reserve a table. If you haven't tried Afghan food before you are in for a treat. The spices are subtle and varied, strong or mild depending on your taste - just ask and a clear description of a dish is readily forthcoming by the friendly owner. Plenty of vegetarian options.
We absolutely love this restaurant, it is easily one of the best we have ever visited.

• Visited May 2013

Munich, Germany
“Truly Good Food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Eaten at Nigin several times, each time seemingly better than the last. The venue itself is very nicely decorated with lovely contrasting paint colours, beautiful lighting and an abundance of large colourful pillows. The food is simply excellent, with the lamb dishes deserving a special mention. The rice biryani is wonderfully complex without being hot as they often are in Indian cuisine. Not the cheapest place to eat, but worth every penny.

• Visited April 2013
Cork, Cork, Ireland
“Excellent alternative restaurant with gauranteed quality!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I found this restaurant by chance while attending a concert in Munich. I do enjoy experimenting with cuisine and I was certainly not dissapointed by this restaurants fares. I can only describe it as a rainbow of sweet, spices and succulently cooked meats. The restaurant is beautifully decorated in traditional Afghan style but be warned that booking is a must at the weekends. It is relatively small on the inside which is given away by the minimist street frontage. Should you get the opportunity to have a meal here though you'll enjoy the food and decor and the friendliness of the staff.

• Visited November 2012
Munich, Germany
“great and different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great atmosphere, nice decoration, reasonable prices and food that is not the usual stuff you see everywhere. People who said the food was like a bland version of indian food are either very used to extremely spicy stuff, or don't get it. The food here is more about the spices as opposed to the spiciness.

The only downside was that there was only one waiter so we thought the service was a bit slow, but not overly so.

We will gladly come back here again.

FYI the place is not big so if you want to make sure there is space book a table.

• Visited January 2013
Siena
“Excellent Afghan restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

A cozy little restaurant off Sendlinger Strasse, busy but not so much that we needed a reservation the times we have been there. Staff is friendly and helpful.
I like to stick to the things I like so both times I have been there I had the roasted pumpkin and the spicy aubergines starters. They are delicious. The choice of main courses is good and biryani dishes are well prepared. I like the possibility of choosing the vegetable side dish, and having tried all three I would say that the spinach are the best, followed by the aubergines. The potatoes are a bit bland and I find them too tomatoey.
Price is reasonable, good value for money.