“Brilliantly-located and quirky design hotel, great for leisure travel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cortiina Hotel

You added Cortiina Hotel to your Saves list
Cortiina Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ledererstrasse 8, 80331 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #16 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, UK
“Brilliantly-located and quirky design hotel, great for leisure travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

The outstanding feature of the Corttina is its great design - from the polished wood, moody lighting and cool wallpaper of the public areas to the freestanding flatscreens in the bedroom, the Japanese-screen bathroom doors and the slick and all-new gym, everything looked ready for a decor magazine feature.

Even better - and unlike some of my design-hotel experiences - my stay was also very comfortable. The location was great, and my very large room was spacious, spotless and stylish. Internet was great (extra points for a very simple login system!), the breakfast was delicious, and the bar was a great place to entertain clients in the evening.

There were a few small gripes, and I think these may apply more to someone travelling for business and valuing efficiency: my room was next door to the main hotel, which was a little frustrating after arriving at 1am; to get to the gym I needed go to reception and get them to unlock it; once at the gym there were no mats and I couldn't turn on TV/music; the information book was not actually all that informative (the helpful reception made up for this - but I would prefer not to have to call at all).

Overall I am definitely keen to stay again and would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a fun place in a good location.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Frederiksberg, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

Very nice hotel located centrally in Münich.

The room are very small but well furnished. The bathroom was really REALLY tiny but there was place for a bathtub.
Room are clean but a bit dark. There is no view from the rooms, nor is there anything to look at in the street.

Breakfast was nice. What you would expect

Overall an ok hotel to the price with a nice location

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Muscat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

I stayed at Cortiina during my first visit to Munich last month. I was there with a whole bunch of people from work and I was impressed with the hotel. The service was good, the staff were friendly and the food was great too. I stayed in one of the smaller rooms in the old building, which was neat, well-designed and airy. The restaurant serves delicious meals and the bar is just as great! I am a stickler for well-pressed clothes and since I had not time to send my clothes to be pressed, I had to request for an iron and board, which was delivered promptly to my room. And was left for me till I left! Also, the hotel is very close to the key attractions of Munich!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2010

I have nothing but amazing things to stay about Cortiina. location can't be better and the staff is wonderful. the bar downstairs is great for breakfast and once i was late due to early work meetings. they let me grab food even though it was 20 minutes after the closing time. the rooms focus on a pure and very 'human' feel, although they have a smart design: natural fibres such as wood, glass, exposed beams, and great shower products. the bedsheets could be a bit softer, however staying 50% of my year in hotels, i've become particular. all in all... worth the visit.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Johannesburg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

There is little to say about this establishment or it's untrained, upprofessional and rude staff (Jasmin [--] - Rms Div Mngr in particular), save to say we will never return to this less than satisfactory hotel. When questioning unauthorised and dubious charges to my bill I was insulted and my charachter attacked by Jasmin - not only in front of her peers and breakfast clients but also other guests checking out. I have never felt so embarressed before. Try obtaining decent pillows to sleep on or have your room cleaned after 9am - scary - read other reports about this hotel and see the ratings and you will no doubt think twice about staying here....Derek Varkevisser - Sandton, South Africa.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Prague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

The staff member, Jasmin, recently hired blew us away. She was awesome and so helpful. She really made the stay for us. She anticipated our needs and a step ahead of us. We brought out dog with us and we were impressed the next morning when the breakfast staff already knew his name. The breakfast buffet was wonderful and delicious. We almost went for the breakfast in the room but were glad we went downstairs. The rooms were thoughtful and fun. The only thing was the wallpaper in the rooms. It felt outdated and from the early 2000s. We also saw some rooms at the Louis Hotel and they were awesome. We had one of the smallest rooms but the size was surpassed by expectations. There was one receptionist that didn't seem so enthusiastic about helping us and acted superior to us but just a bit. I will recommend this hotel to friends. The staff let us park in front of the hotel overnight and they watched the car. It was perfect.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

Bad location in downtown street maze next to police station. Only good for typical tourists who want to walk to Hofbräuhaus and Hard Rock Cafe. No hotel parking. You have to use the ugly public parking house down the road. Staff is cooler than guests. Service at the bar is catastrophical. Rooms are motel like. If you want a design hotel with a hip crowd in Munich, go to "La Maison" for half the price. Or go to real Grand Hotels, where the staff is trained to please demanding travellers (e.g. the "Bayrischer Hof") for almost the same price.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled with friends

Been to Cortiina Hotel? Share your experiences!