“Cortina Hotel - Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Cortiina Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #15 of 378 Hotels in Munich
Sydney, Australia
“Cortina Hotel - Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed at the Cortina Hotel in February. Fabulous location, so close to the Marienplatz (about a 2 minute walk) and also literally around the corner from the Hofbrauhaus! Also, it's in easy walking distance of the other attractions egs Opera House, Residenz etc. There are lots of restaurants around the area so you are spoilt for choice. However, you don't need to venture out as the hotel as its own lovely restaurant and bar which seems to be very popular with the locals. I had breakfast and dinner there once during my stay and the food was lovely and the staff extremely attentive and helpful.
The room was small and spotless. But I had booked a single room (with a king single bed. It was comfortable for 3 nights and the bathroom was a decent size with heated floors and excellent water pressure in the shower!. I never heard my neighbours so the rooms are clearly sound proof.
Check in and check out was efficient and the staff helpful with directions etc. I would definitely return to the Cortina when next in Munich.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay (nights of 28th, 29th & 30th March 2013) at the Cortiina, which had the best location for our requirement, a three minutes walk to the center of Marian Platz. The hotel had arranged our pick up on arrival at 09.00 hrs from the Munich international airport and we reached the hotel by 10.30 hrs. We were earlier informed in email exchanges that check-in being from 15.00 hrs, early check-in was possible only if situations permitted on the given day & time of our arrival. The lady at the reception counter was most efficient and courteous on our arrival. After quickly completing check-in formalities, she smiled and provided us with a room of our choice on a higher floor facing the courtyard. We freshened up in our tastefully furnished spacious room, using the well appointed bathroom with tub & shower and walked out of the hotel into Marian Platz, fresh and cheerful in less than an hour of our checking in, and that’s because of the hotel’s location and all the staff who are very well trained, and were most gracious in all their interactions.
In the evening before again going out to explore, we sat relaxing at the lounge near the bar, and the magician there conjured up a fine drink to set us into the mood for our outing.
We slept comfortably on a King bed with a good number of soft pillows.
We had to go out in the morning by 08.30hrs on the next two days for trips into the Bavarian countryside, and the restaurant packed up freshly made breakfast of hot sausages, sandwiches, and fruits to carry with us on our drive out, saving precious half hours on both days.
The hotel arranged our taxi drop off to the airport and the courteous driver was not only ready at 05.00hrs to pick us up, but walked us inside the terminal building with our luggage before he left.
Our stay at Cortiina, and the arrangements that they made based on our requirements were simply superb. Thanks to all at Cortiina.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed here for a couple of days over Christmas. The location is superb. The rooms are modern and comfortable, but best of all were the friendly, helpful staff that attended to any queries we had. They even kept an eye on my car when I had to park briefly outside, and moved it to the car park when a traffic warden approached. Great value too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel. The room was comfortable, clean, very modern. It was also very spacious - including the bathroom which is rare in such a great location. The location was perfect. Close to the train station (which was helpful after our very long flight) and close to many attractions. The staff was amazing and provided many helpful recommendations, directions, made reservations etc. We also enjoyed the hotel bar. Overall, great stay and I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Cortiina Hotel is a great boutique hotel in the city center of Munich. Everything is within walking distance. The room was the perfect size for my husband and I. The service at the hotel was wonderful and everyone spoke English. The breakfast at the hotel was expensive, but good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Munich.

Room Tip: You will want to stay on the business suite side to stay away from the street noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cork
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in early March,I enjoyed my stay.The location is excellent and a great place to stay,if you want to explore the city.The room was fine and the food was very good.The staff were friendly and helpful.All things considered,I liked this hotel a lot.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was very pleased with this great hotel. Stayed on business for one night and the location was perfect. The front desk was helpful, breakfast and bar were great. I loved the decor in my room and the hotel in general. The heated floors in the bathroom were wonderful!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Cortiina Hotel? Share your experiences!