“Have bus will travel” 5 of 5 stars

$13*
and up
Ranked #60 of 129 Activities in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: Open top Hop On Hop Off bus tour in Munich and day tours to Neuschwanstein Castle, Rothenburg, Salzburg, Berchtesgaden and many sights in Bavaria by luxury bus. City Tour mit Hop-On Hop-Off Moglichkeit im Cbario Doppeldecker fur Ihre Stadtrundfahrt in Munchen. Tagesausfluge zum Schloss Neuschwanstein, Linderhof, nach Salzburg, Rothenburg und Berchtsgaden im Reisebus.
North Fort Myers, Florida, United States
80 attraction reviews
“Have bus will travel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Used Gray line for my trips to Salzburg lake district Austria. The..Swavorski crystal Innsbruck Austria tour and the tour of Neuschwanstein and Lindenhoff castles...I found that even if you contract with other venues like viator you will be assigned to greyhound the buses are air-conditioned clean and comfortable some are double decker..I had issues though with their tour guides ..Austria uses only licensed guides so our guide said she wasn't licensed and could be fined, so we should act like we're not a group when we follow her? ?.Our guide for the Neuschwanstein tour ,gave out passes that should have been for much earlier tours of the castle, we waited ,and waited , to be called worried we wouldnt be back on the coach on time..also my ticket she gave me said I was Japanese ...again HA

Visited April 2013

“I should have not wasted my money and time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I read review from the trip advisor, just like everybody else. That was terrible. I booked it because I saw there is always reply from the company which makes me believe that they might want to change. When we all arrived on time at the pick up place this morning. Not only we needed to wait for people who were late for over 15 minutes but also we have to detour to pick them up at their hotel. And there is a big traffic jam now.
I wrote this as soon as I can because hoping people who wants to waste their time and money in Munich. Book it soon! For those have paid, don't come on time, just call them and ask the bus to pick you up at your hotel. The best deal you can find in town.

Visited June 2013
Gray_Line_Munich, Guest Relations Manager at Gray Line Munich, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
We have no knowledge of the situation you claim to have experienced, because none of our buses ever detour to pick up guests at a hotel after departure. There is one hotel right along the way we sometimes stop at, and we do occasionally drive around the corner to a grand hotel close by and pick up guests from there. This is, however, not a detour and does not take more than 6 – 7 minutes. Generally, our tours do not wait for latecomers in the morning, either.

Furthermore, we would like to point out that at no time do we ever have an influence on the local traffic conditions. If there is traffic, our drivers make every attempt to avoid it if possible, but sometimes there is just no chance. This can happen anywhere in the world on any tour. We are sorry you were so upset about the traffic and hope you still managed to have a good day on your tour.
Zurich
10 attraction reviews
“Munich by Night Tour”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The tour starts with everyone being given a menu to choose their meal at the
Hofbrauhaus. The menu could be slightly clearer, but the main problem was with ordering drinks. The tour guide lies about what drinks are available, saying that it is not possible to have wine at the Hofbrauhaus as it's a Beer Hall, however when arriving at the Hofbrauhaus there is a menu with lots of wine. Apparently there is also no Coke Light available. We were also asked to place our orders for our drink at the Nightclub (Bayerische Hof Hotel), and the choice was so limited, why are we asked? It would be quicker to have a list of what drinks actually are available, instead of spending forever trying to organise drinks with each person before the bus can depart. It was a crazy process. I think the tour guide lies just to make things easier for herself, plus she came across quite abrupt at times, which a lot of International tourists would not be used to. She also lied at the Television Tower, telling us that we could not visit a particular viewing platform as it was just for children. Very strange! Overall, it might be better to organise your own night out.

Visited June 2013
Gray_Line_Munich, Guest Relations Manager at Gray Line Munich, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
We regret that you were not satisfied with your recent tour, but we must strongly object to you calling your tour guide a liar. None of our guides lie to our guests and this type of behavior is simply not tolerated by our company. There is no such thing as a particular viewing platform for children at the Olympic Tower and no reason whatsoever for our guide to come up with such a story. There must have been some kind of misunderstanding involved. Sometimes the outdoor platform is closed if the weather is very bad and/or windy, but this has nothing to do with children and applies to all people, adults and children alike.

We are sorry you felt inconvenienced by the drink process, but our guide did not “lie about what drinks are available”. There is wine available at the Hofbräuhaus; however, this is not part of your fixed menu and therefore not included in your tour price. Beer or a soft drink are included. Furthermore, the Hofbräuhaus, like many other German restaurants, does not serve Coke Light / Diet Coke at all. This is often very hard for foreign guests to understand, since diet drinks are widely available in restaurants in most other countries, but in Germany they are just not as popular.

Although the selection of drinks included in the tour price at the Bayerischer Hof nightclub is indeed limited, of course we still ask our guests which drink they would like to have there because even if there is a small selection, there still is a selection. Naturally we have a list of the drinks which are included in the tour price and our guests choose from this very list. We are sorry that you did not notice that there is a drink list.

Normally the process of choosing drinks is not a problem and hardly takes any time at all. We do this on the bus before the tour departs since the time at each stop is limited and choosing in advance speeds up the process significantly. We would like to apologize that you felt this was not the case the night of your tour.
St Albans
3 attraction reviews
“Gray Line trip to Berchtesgaden and Eagles Nest.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was booked on this trip for Friday 31 May 2013. The weather was pretty bad with lot's of rain but the bus departed on time as advertised. About 10 minutes into the trip the tour guide introduced herself and promptly told us that the trip was cancelled due to the weather but an alternative itinerary had now been put in place, this being the Documentation Centre and the Salt Mine at Berchtesgaden. I'm sure that the decision to cancel had been made before we left and I feel that had we been told about the cancellation before the bus left, most people would have not gone on this trip, I certainly wouldn't have gone. If I had wanted to go to the Salt Mine then I would have booked that trip. Over 5 hours on a bus in the pouring rain is hardly an exciting day out. I know that you can't control the weather, but the day cost me over 140 euro, money that I would rather have spent elsewhere. My main point is that I feel the company should have had the decency to tell us what was happening before we left. I would have been happy with a voucher for another trip instead of a refund. A very disappointing day. I feel that I have been cheated out of my money.

Visited May 2013
Gray_Line_Munich, Guest Relations Manager at Gray Line Munich, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
We regret that you were unable to visit the Eagle´s Nest on your recent tour. We spoke to the tour guide in question and she was very shocked about the misunderstanding. Before the bus left Munich, she did indeed tell you that it probably would not be possible to visit the Eagle´s Nest but she would call ahead to make absolutely sure. Perhaps you then missed the information before the bus left, because we really always try to make sure that anyone who does not wish to take the tour when the Eagle´s Nest is closed can get off the bus in Munich before the tour starts and get a refund. We regret that somehow this information didn´t get to you.

We are very sorry that you were unhappy, but all we can do now in response to your anonymous post on an internet forum is mention that the torrential rainfall that led to the Eagle´s Nest being closed that day led to the worst flooding in Bavaria in the last few centuries and ended up causing substantial damage in many places. Even major highways were closed for many days.

Unfortunately, it is never possible for us to guarantee a trip up to the Eagle´s Nest because in order to get all the way up there you must take a special, privately run bus. This bus operates on one of the narrowest, steepest and most dangerous roads in all of Germany, with hairpin turns, sheer drops and Alpine conditions. Unless it is absolutely 100% safe to go up to the Eagle´s Nest, the operator will not run the bus. Therefore we are dependent on the private bus operator to decide if conditions allow the special buses to run up to the top. All other bus companies, public buses and cars can only drive up to the Obersalzberg Documentation Center. From there, the private RVO bus runs but only if weather permits.

We are sorry about the misunderstanding and that you feel “cheated out of your money”. This certainly was not our intention. We will try to make this information even clearer in the future in the event the tour cannot go up all the way up to the Eagle´s Nest. Thank you for your feedback.
Munich
“Bus Tour of the Romantic Road”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I experienced a wonderful all-day tour from 8:30 to 7:00pm along the Romantic Road scenic route with stops at Harburg Castle and Rothenburg ob der Tauber. The tour guide Margit and her driver Peter do an admirable job of keeping the tour safe, well organized and entertaining. Margit, being Bavarian, has a thorough knowledge of everything that we need to know. She covers geography, politics, royalty, history and social life in a way that is informative and involves everyone on-board. She is especially good at engaging people from many different countries and bringing them together for a chance to share their cultures. Both the bus tour and the castle tour are in English.
We had about three and a half hours in Rothenburg to eat and explore the city. As we walked into the town Margit gave an overview of the sites to see and recommendations for places to eat. She provides clear details about the interesting locations to visit and the experiences to be made in Rothenburg.
The cost of the tour (49euro) covers the informative bus tour and there is a small charge for the castle guided tour (given by a local guide). Drinks are available on-board for a modest amount and the bus is very clean and modern with a restroom. Overall excellent value for money.
There may be other ways to visit this area but you should strongly consider this tour if you want to make the best use of a day.

Visited May 2013