“Peruvian food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“Peruvian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

my first encounter with Peruvian food and was more than satisfied with the food, ambiance and presentation

Visited February 2012

Edinburgh
“Favourite restaurant in Munich!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Luckily for me this restaurant is only two minutes from where my son and his wife live and it is also their favourite as well,the decor is lovely and the atmosphere is good with nice music in the background,the staff are very pleasant and polite and this adds to the experience,the dishes i had were just beautiful although i cant remember their names! but i do know that my main was lamb and it just melted.
Another reviewer wrote that there is no english menu but we asked for one and it was duly supplied,also for anyone travelling from further afield the restaurant in only a minute from the Theresienstrasse U-bahn stop.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Stockholm, Sweden
“Missing some flavor...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Too posh to be considered comfort food, which a lot of Peruvian food is. I felt that the menu has some great authentic items listed but fell a bit short on flavor.

Unfortunately I am extremely spoiled growing up with Peruvian food and so my review may be somewhat biased. The pisco sour drinks were tasty but expensive.

It was great to see traditional appetizers on the menu regardless of how locals might react to eating things like beef heart. The anitcuchos (beef heart) were overpriced at 9.90 euros and slightly over salted.

I think that there was potential for their entrees but it seemed they were more interested in the presentation of the food than maintaining the traditional flavors. The Lomo Saltado was a bit under flavored and could use more soy sauce and fresh cilantro. In Lomo Saltado the french fries are normally stirred into the stir fry but at Nasca the fries were very large, bigger and thicker than Belgian fries, and stacked on the side like a Lincoln log house...strange. The best part of Lomo Saltado is the fact that the smaller crispy fries soak up a lot of the juice from the stir fry.
We also had the Aji de Gallina which was tasty but was a little posh in presentation and didn't have enough chicken.

The staff was very polite, attentive and accommodating. I think that I will go back to try out the rest of the menu.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Munich, Germany
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Doesn't look peruvian, doesn't taste like peruvian, it only got peruvian names.

Ceviche is a starter or side dish, not the very main one. Also it was too spicy, I dont wanna cry when I am eating. furthermore, I don't wanna wait 5 minutes for my ready to serve dish (looking at it because we were sitting 1m away from the kitchen) just because my friend's meal is not ready yet.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Munich, Germany
“Nasca is nicely decorated, has good service (a rarity in DE) and I would go again....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

I just came back from a Peruvian vacation and really loved the cuisine there...So I wanted to find a place at home where I could have a ceviche (raw fish ' 'cooked' with lemon juice) again and tried it in Nasca...we also had the Empanada..yum. I was not disappointed... The atmosphere is really nice, the Pisco Sour (the Pervian National drink) was very tasty ;) and I will be going again FOR SURE. Nice date restaurant- casual chic dress code-recommended. Enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Food