“A very comfortable short stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Herzog-Wilhelm-Str. 28, 80331 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #25 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Melbourne, Australia
“A very comfortable short stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

My wife & I stayed here for 1 night after 30+ hours of traveling from Australia.
Needless to say, we were exhausted but the rooms, although very small, were very comfortable and clean with all the essentials you need for a short stay.
The location is fantastic within easy walking access of the Marienplatz, Viktualmarkt & more.
Staff were friendly & helpful offering some good dining suggestions.

SendlingerTor, Sales Manager at Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear valued guests,
thank you very much that you have taken the time for this comment at Tripadvisor
and the positive feedback.
Despite the long distance, we would like to welcome you again.
Kindly regards from Munich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This was a pleasant surprise. Some negative reviews had me slightly concerned but I needn't have worried. Staff were friendly and helpful, room was adequate, shower was about the best of any hotel I have stayed in and breakfast was reasonable value for money.

visited with 3 friends- all with single rooms. Not sure how I'd have found if sharing with my wife.We'd probably have been fighting for the small storage space. Also bed cover was unusual - single duvet (I'd booked a single room) but I believe a double room would have had 2 single Duvets.

Not only good value but also well positioned for the city centre. I don't think we could have found anywhere much better than this.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,
it is great to hear that you could enjoyed your stay at Motel One München-Sendlinger Tor.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in our house.
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Needed a value for money place to sleep for one night in Munich. This hotel exceede my expectations from check-in to check-out. Friendly staff , small but clean rooms. Ideal place for a short stopover and perfectly situated to explore the inner city. A short walk from all my favourite pubs in Munich. Highly recommended for short stays. Regards Dominick , Durban South Africa

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel was a no-brainer for me to stay centrally in Munich for a budget of about 75EUR/100USD. The standard room I had was not large but there was some space around the bed, although I would have liked better storage (i.e. a closet(. Bed afforded me a couple of decent nights of sleep and was happy with the newer bathroom fixtures and lighting as well as the cleanliness of the room. Staff was efficient and very pleasant with check-in, at the restaurant, etc...the location is superb - I was just a couple of minutes away from the U-Bahn station and Marienplatz was only a ten-minute walk up, making key attractions like the Town Hall, amazing Residenz Palace, beer halls and the rest within walking distance. Breakfast was fairly-priced and worthwhile with a nice array of fresh pastries, eggs, fruit, juices, coffee and other items. I really could not find anything to beat it in the price range and close to the heart of Munich.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Oregon coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Since this was my first trip to Germany, I had never stayed in a Motel One before. I was afraid it might be "too budget-y" ... but I was so wrong! The front desk staff was friendly and efficient ... the check-in clerk even complimented my horribly-pronounced German. The room was small but efficiently designed, with large glass doors that could be opened for fresh air. Not a balcony, really ... just a security bar. There were shelves and a clothes rack for storing clothes and other items. Bathroom was adequate size. The room was called a "double" ... but it was two single beds pushed together as is so common in Europe, so much more space than an American-size double bed. Comfortable beds, too. I can see if you travel with large suitcases and a lot of stuff that you might think this space cramped ... but we are light packers so we found everything just fine. No bar soap or washcloth but I am in the habit of packing those items when I travel to Europe anyway. Breakfast was very good with a side selection of fresh breads, cold cuts, cheeses, warm hard-boiled eggs, fruit salad and TWO coffee machines. Even though the breakfast room was very busy, everything was kept well-stocked by 4 uniformed staff members busily scurrying around. The hotel is easy walking distance to Marienplatz and only a few steps to a U-Bahn station ... very convenient. We paid 99 euro/night for the two of us with breakfast ... I'd call that a deal!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here almost a year ago. The location was amazing lots of public transportation nearby, not far from the train station and close to the center of town. The rooms were on the small side but clean and nice.

Newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a 2 night stay. It reinforced my determined effort to only book small owner run or local b&b's in Europe. The staff were average, not overly helpful or friendly. It was what in Australia we would think of as an Ibis Budget. Cheap room, modern and clean. There was no warmth or character which was fine for us because we were never there as we were too busy in Munich. I booked it pretty much solely for its price ( still not cheap but semi reasonable for overpriced Munich) and for its location, which is its biggest draw card. Right near the U Bahn and within walking distance to the centre. Awkward that the friendliest response we received from the staff was during our check out. Next time would consider trying to find something more unique and with a personality.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
SendlingerTor, Sales Manager at Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Peta,
thank you for your response at Tripadvisor. We would like to apologize, for any inconvenience according to the lack of kindness of your staff. We will train our staff permanent to increase our service quality.
We would really like to welcome you as our guest again.
Kindly regards

Been to Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor? Share your experiences!