“Everything a jazz club should be!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #81 of 2,811 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: * "Number 1 of Live-Music-Places" (Dorling Kindersley, Top 1o of Munich) "A bar for bon vivants" (Baedeker) "Vogler = Great!" (Randy Brecker) "Number 1 of Blues and Jazz Entertainment in Munich - This intimate club brings some of the baddest cats to the stage" (lonely planet) "Thomas Vogler offers in his cosy club a wide musical alignment: from Jazz over Latin up to Soul" (Merian) "One of the rare authentic Jazzbars" (Dumont) "Insider Tip" (Marco Polo)
Eugene, Oregon, USA
“Everything a jazz club should be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I visited Vogler on their open jam Monday evening in early July. What a great experience! The house trio was top-notch and the atmosphere was perfect down to the mixed crowd, well-priced menu, lighting, and decor. I visited alone while my husband and children slept. I am a jazz pianist and had considered playing a tune or two. However, the the pianists were top-notch and I was happy sitting back, enjoying my beer, and taking in the friendly vibe at Vogler's. I didn't eat anything but saw others enjoying food. I look forward to returning to Munich and working up the courage to perform next time! I meant to stay just an hour or so and it turned into nearly three. Thanks for the great night out.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thomas V, Inhaber at Jazzbar Vogler, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Andi,

THANK YOU!!! I hope, that you will join the stage next time you are in Munich :-) !

All the best!

Lyon, France
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Went to Voglers on an unplanned business trip evening with nothing much else to do. I found a really great place - perfect decor and mood, really friendly people, superb (sublime would be closer to the truth, I was very lucky) music - there's not much else I could wish for. I didn't dine, so no opinion on that, but the pricing was very reasonable. Everything makes me want to go back if ever I get the chance. A perfect place to spend an evening.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thomas V, Inhaber at Jazzbar Vogler, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Simon,

THANK YOU for your "EXCELLENT"-Review!

I´m really glad, that you enjoyed "Voglers"! It was a real pleasure to have you as a guest, take care, all the best and hope to see you soon back in Munich!

Munich, Germany
“Great place for live music and a cosy athmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went there last Saturday with a friend. The place is dark and refreshingly unpolished for Munich. I had a home-made lemonade and the Spaghettini Arrabiata, both very good and decently priced. The band consisted of a Brazilian and an Argentinian guitar player as well as a Chilean bass player who all sang and made some very nice danceable music. There were about half a dozen dancers and maybe a dozen onlookers. The atmosphere was relaxed, the band was joking around with the owner, everyone seemed to know and like one another. The service was attentive without being overbearing.
The entrance fee was 6€, which were simply added to our check when we left, which was convenient.

Thomas V, Inhaber at Jazzbar Vogler, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Julie B,

thanks a lot for your review! "Great place for live music and a cosy atmosphere" - I´m always happy, when my guests enjoy their stay at "Voglers". See you soon!

Best regards!
Melbourne
“Quirky, live music spot to spend an evening in Munich”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I visited the Vogler because of its proximity to Marienplatz and good reviews on Tripadvisor. The bar us very quaint and the live music atmosphere inside was interesting. There was a 6 euro cover charge but I thought that very reasonable for the entertainment. I had a delicious Italian meal and two large Weissbiers and still had change of 20 euro after the cover charge. I was hoping for jazz, but on the night I was there they had a visiting Elvis impersonator from the US. He was very good and the Vogler audience got into the mood. I recommend this place if you want a night out with live music. The food menu is limited to a few Italian dishes but they are delicious and reasonably priced

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thomas V, Inhaber at Jazzbar Vogler, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear BoffinChe,

thanks a lot for your review! I´m very glad that you had a good time at "Voglers"!

All the best!
ENGLAND
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited Voglers on Monday 12th May and what a great place. Atmosphere was brilliant and particularly when the jam session began later in the evening. Thomas the owner was busy all night but never missed a table out when drinks were required. Food was lovely. Would definitely recommend the spaghetti and pesto. Cover charge was 4 euros and well worth it for the high standard of jazz musicians playing. Fun evening with some fantastic music. If we were in Munich longer we would definitely return. Go you will not be disappointed. Thanks Thomas for a lovely evening and your attention to detail all evening.

Visited May 2014
Thomas V, Inhaber at Jazzbar Vogler, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Shaunus,

THANK YOU for your fabulous "Fabulous-Review". I´m very glad, that you liked the Session, food and drinks ("small or large beer :-) ")! Hope to see you soon back in Munich!

All the best