“Great ribs” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #126 of 2,920 Restaurants in Munich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Barbecue, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Great ribs”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I've eaten at Rusticana on several occasions and really enjoy their ribs. If you decide to go, ensure you make a reservation. I found, especially in the lead up to Christmas, it has been very busy. This includes on Monday / Tuesday evenings. You can try attempting to get a seat by turning up but you'd want to be super early or towards the tail end of service.

Overall, a very good restaurant with great food and beer. However, while I was paying my bill I was approached by one of the waitresses (not Katja, she was lovely and prompt with her service) telling me a tip wasn't included in the bill. I hadn't even pulled my wallet out by that stage. I simply detest being told by wait staff that a tip isn't included - especially by those that haven't even served me that evening. I suggest they smarten their act up as that behaviour is rude and unacceptable. I'll pay what I think is appropriate for a tip and don't need to be told. How's that for a tip, young lady?

• Visited December 2012

• Arabic first
Oslo, Norway
“worthes to go again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

we was there twice. steak was perfect and not expensive compare to other restaurants. Every thing is Ok there just the neighborhoods that does not help to it.

• Visited October 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I travel to Munich every month and found this restaurant. Book early its always packed even Tuesday eve when I went!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Reading
“Great meat in cosy surroundings”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I pre-booked this restaurant and couldn't get in on the Saturday night so had to accept a Sunday evening booking (good sign).

It's a bit of a trek outside the main tourist areas but if you're into your steak and ribs then it's worth a visit.

The welcome was a bit chaotic - 3 or 4 staff members running around working their socks off so we were left standing amongst it all for fair few minutes.

Once we were seated the service improved. Because the restaurant is so small, you may be seated fairly close / on the same table as strangers (this didn't bother me).

Two of the party ordered steaks (rump & fillet) and the gents ordered the famous ribs. We also ordered sides (recommend the tomato salad - very welcoming in a country that favours protein and carbs!).

The mains are served with a jacket potato doused with sour cream (take note guys - they don't do chips!). This was actually cooked to perfection and VERY tasty.

My rump steak was perfect (ordered rare and it was perfectly done). The meat was simply out of this world - cooked on an open grill at the back of the restaurant. My boyfriend really enjoyed his ribs meal too and couldn't finish the jacket potato as he was so full.

The wine was nice and the service improved as the night went on. I would definitely recommend this place if you enjoy your ribs/steak. Just make sure you book in advance....

To give you an idea of price, there were four of us and we had wine and beers (as well as a shot at the end of the meal). It worked out about 180 euros.

• Visited December 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“Well, we've had better spare-ribs indeed...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

We came here for the highly recommended spare ribs. But - to be honest - we have had better ribs indeed, in particular bearing the prices in mind... IMO, you can give it a try, but you don't miss much if you don't!

• Visited June 2012