“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #64 of 2,690 restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Yokohama, Japan
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

They serve good food with excellent service. I liked steamed beef (stewed beef?) with Burgandy sauce. The meet was juicy and the sauce delicious. I enoyed it with a glass of Vachau wein. I ecommend this restaurant around Opera house.

Visited May 2013

89% Recommend
Santa Rosa, CA
“Dishonest waiter! Dishonest waiter?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten a fair number of times at Hotel Platzl's secondary restaurant Ayingers. Generally it has been good, with decent portions of local meats and fish. Tonight my wife had the goulash stew with small salad. The sauce accompanying the stew was quite salty and the salad drowning in the dressing. My whole char was fresh and the buttery potatoes nice. At the beginning our server was friendly and helpful. But after we finished our courses, we had a long wait until a different server announced that he was taking over. As we were full, we asked for the check, which we signed over to our room. The waiter told us that the "tip was not included." However the menu clearly states that indeed it was. I am sorry that Ayingers allows this kind of deceit. I love the hotel and its staff. As for Ayingers I'm still having indigestion.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte, NC
“Feel like a local”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We wound up at Ayingers after the other restaurant in the hotel we wanted to go was closed... and I'm so glad it was!

It's in a busy/touristy location across from the Hard Rock and Hofbrauhaus, which I appreciated since it was our first night in town. I'm not a beer drinker, but the fella was pretty impressed with their beer; I went straight for the German Riesling, which was delicious.

Our waiter was so pleasant and quick, and I had the fried turkey for dinner. What I got seemed more breaded than actually fried (which was a good thing), and the vegetables it came with were delicious. I loved the dark, cozy feel, and it seemed like it could've been a local sort of bar, except for the touristy location.

• Visited May 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Skip Hofbrauhaus and go here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Excellent Barvarian food, if your hungry the pork knuckle is absolutley gigantic!!!!
They brew their own beers so if your into your Ales, their version of wheat beer is as good as the Paulaner wheat beer. Being the home of Oktoberfest, Munichians certainly know how to brew a good beer!!!!
The atmosphere here goes without saying, its Munich!!! arguably one of he most safest and friendliest cities in the world. Loved it and can't wait to return to this city and also this restaurant!!!
Also the prices are super easy on the hip pocket, being a Sydney sider, back in AU you will pay triple the amount you pay in Munich... Again loving it.

• Visited May 2013
Dallas
“Charming and Friendly with Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We had dinner there our last night in Munich. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. It is such a pleasant change from the many large, noisy restaurants in Munich.The atmosphere was very relaxed and comfortable but also had a gread deal of Bavarian charm. I have already recommended it to a number of friends. If you are visiting during a busy time, it is a good idea to either call or stop by to make a reservation. Each of the five of us had something different and no one was disappointed. My husband had the beef in a pretzel crust and loved it. We usually do not have much beef when in Germany (the veal, pork and fish are so good) so that was a very nice surprise. It is at the top of my list for our next trip to Munich!

• Visited March 2013