“good for Lunch on a rainy day” 3 of 5 stars

+49 89 26 94 91 20
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Benediktbeuern, Germany
“good for Lunch on a rainy day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We visiting on a cold wet Saturday and were looking for something warm to eat, as we had some shopping near the center of Munich. The lunch was pricey costing about 36 Euro for 2, but great for someone looking for something other than the typical sausage or schnitzel. We ordered the two different types of quiche and the french onion soup. The soup was fabulous with lots of cheese and the bread was great too. The quiche with the spinach and salmon was well seasoned but the one with bacon, was a salt explosion in the mouth. It would have been better prepared using a nicely smoked meat, instead the super salty bacon cubes that one can purchased almost anywhere at the grocery store. The small salad accompanying our quiche was also quite nice. Unfortunately I probably would not try go here for dinner due to the mixed and pricey reviews.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Fantastic French Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Took my father out for a special thank you dinner during our trip to Munich and stumbled upon this great little restaurant. The menu was in french and was a limited but inventive menu and the chef translated it all for us. I settled on the rabbit terrine to start followed by swordfish and my father had the monk fish. The chef reccomended matching wines. Each course looked like a work of art, all the flavours perfectly complemented one another and the taste packed portions were perfectly ample. It was quiet and relaxed and we couldn't have asked for a better meal! This was definitely the best meal of the holiday!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
München
“Nice and quite restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012 via mobile

Lovely little place. Beware of the entrecôte, though. More fat than meat.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Maribor, Slovenia
“The best food I've ever tasted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011 via mobile

I was with my girlfriend visiting Munich and I wanted to surprise her with nice dinner. I found Cameleon and th experiance was great! We didn understand the menu becouse it was in french but waiter translated it to english preaty good. Ok, I lost him at the starters but my girlfriend understood everything. We took the menu for 49€ with wines included. Eveything was delicious and the wine was perfect for every food we got. If I ever go to Munich again, the Cameleon will be in my plans for sure!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Moscow, Russia
“The worst restaurant I have been to. My client was disappointed!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011 via mobile

My client has requested a dinner in a French restaurant. Checked Tripadvisor and went to Cameleon. The food was terrible, I can not believe that this place gets good feedback. I had a feeling hat the chef makes his first steps in fusion cuisine: his experiment with fish wrapped in bacon, served on flat-taste potato cake, topped with sauerkraut was not edible at all. Other food we ordered was not much touched. Normally this will be regarded as a disaster, but the waiters behaved a la business as usual. Our bill was 178 euros for 3 persons. STAY AWAY!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere