“No Air Conditioning!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Boone, North Carolina
“No Air Conditioning!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

The hotel itself was okay, but there was no air conditioning in the rooms and no fans. This was incredibly uncomfortable for a 99F/38C day. We opened the windows, but then we had no privacy and there was alot of noise outside. When we asked the front desk for a fan, the receptionist asked what we expected for a 3-star hotel. He then gave us a small desk fan.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

It's not a fancy 4 or 5-star hotel, but there is nothing terribly wrong with Vi Vadi. It is located about a 20 minute walk to the centre, but it is a pleasant walk, mostly along a pedestrian mall with lots of shops and restaurants.

The room was basic but clean. It came with a full kitchenette, which may be useful for some people. As others have noted, the bathroom is small, but again, it is not a 5-star hotel. On the negative side, there is no air conditioning. I stayed in July but luckily, it was not too hot outside during my stay. If it was hot, I think the room could get quite uncomfortable. Also, the wifi was very weak (6th floor). I ended up going down to the lobby area each night to catch up on emails. The signal is much stronger there. I guess I should also mention that the toilet seat didn't stay up in my room. I'm a guy, so it was awkward having to hold up the seat to pee (or just leave it down and possibly get it wet, I guess).

In addition, there is only 1 elevator and it is quite slow. During the day, the cleaning staff use it to mice things up and down which further shows it down.

Overall, found the staff at the front counter to be very helpful.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are little and when it is warm (for ex. In July) the rooms are also warm and it is very not convenient. The bathroom is also little. The kitchen is also very little. I don't recommend this hotel.

Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

A livable hotel in the center of Munich. I stayed there for six nights in July 2013, alone. I give it a three, because it's a reasonable choice and you do not wish to run away. Here are some short points for you to consider:

Location: on one hand, very conveniently located for travelers - within a really short walking distance from the central rail station. Also, very convenient public transportation. On the other hand, the area, because of the proximity to the train station, is not very nice - especially at night, there are quite a lot of drunks and homeless. It's didn't feel dangerous, but it wasn't pleasant.

Staff: on one hand - very nice. They are really nice people and they try to help you. On the other hand, they are nice, but very much unhelpful. More than once their advice proved to be incorrect.

Rooms: Quite nice. Not very large, but very clean, and not tiny, like many other European cities. They have a kettle and a mini-bar. The possible problem? No air conditioning (there is a table fan). It wasn't a problem when I stayed there, but it wasn't very hot outside when I stayed there. Be careful.

Internet: Plus: Free, which is not trivial in Munich, to the best of my understanding. Minus: It's quite awful, especially in the evenings. In the evening, forget about skype, youtube and so on - only e-mail and facebook for you, and even that doesn't always work.

Breakfast - standard continental. If you booked with breakfast - great. If not - it's not worth 10 EUR.

One annoying thing that happened - I wanted to use their laundry rooms and they didn't have any detergent. When I asked for some, they said they didn't have any. This was very annoying - I had to go to the supermarket and buy one. I don't mind the money - I can live with the additional 4 EUR that it cost me, but the inconvenience that was caused by it really annoyed. I have actually considered to give them 2 because of it, but I decided that it would by quite petty. It was still annoying.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
northamptonshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Just back from the vi vadi hotel, there was a group of 12 stopping for 4 nights, on arrival I was impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel, the lift was a nightmare luckily there we were stopping on the 2nd floor, the room was beautiful so clean, very roomy, the kitchenette was a nice touch, the mini bar well fridge was expensive though but then nothing is cheap in Munich.
The restaurant next door does amazing pizza, and the bar further down do a lovely red wine.
Would defiantly stop here again it's centrally located just round the corner from most attractions.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Washington DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The location is excellent, a 5 minute walk from the main Munich station. Check in was friendly but I was reminded of check ins at a hostel. The rooms are functional and decent size. Nice thing is a full kitchen. Decor is low end 3 star. My chief complain is no AC. They don't make that very clear in their literature. I stayed in June and it was probably 78 degrees in my room. If you open the large windows it is cooler but significant street noise. Fortunately I only slept there. If it is cool outside, or don't need AC, I think it is fine for a pass through for one night. That is how I used it and for 90 Euros I can live with what I got. But if you want a nice hotel, or one to stay in for a few days, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Bergamo, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Big beds, small and small kitchen with all essential furniture (you can cook a proper meal if you want). 10 minutes by walk to the city centre; parking in front of the hotel (10€ per day).
Comfortable queen size bed. Warm, you regulate your temperature.
Small but clean bathroom. Polite and young staff.

Room Tip: Ask for an inner patio room. The view will be on the inner garden.