“Good location for day trips on the train and average place to stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of A&O Muenchen Hauptbahnhof

You added A&O Muenchen Hauptbahnhof to your Saves list
A&O Muenchen Hauptbahnhof
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bayerstrasse 75, 80335 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #340 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good location for day trips on the train and average place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with two friends as part of a eurotrip and unfortunately we had to book a room for four in order to have a private room, which meant paying for four people. I decided this would be ok because i had stayed in a and o in other cities and was always impressed. We also needed the ideal location next to the station for onward trips.

Overall i did not feel we got any value for money at this hotel as the room was quite small and had a noisy tram running past it outside, which would wake us up until it stopped running for the night.There was also a funny smell in the place, and there was little room for three of us in the room let alone if there would have the normal occupancy of four.

The breakfast and other drinks and snacks were overpriced especially as we had paid so much for our room, so luckily there were bakeries and other things nearby instead. This is a pity as there is an attempt to create a communal atmosphere with the seating area downstairs but i did not want to pay so much to sit and drink there.

My positives however are the convenient location, the staff were friendly and the place was clean enough. In the end this is an ok place to stay but the price did not reflect the standard of the room and this is why i i am unable to give it a better rating.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I'm not sure why they get such a bad rap. I stayed here in July 2012 and I had the cutest double room on the sixth floor. My own full bath & mini TV..balcony. My room was kept very clean by the staff. Perhaps it's the hostel folk who are not appreciating this place? Breakfast, well wasn't anything to write home about but I ate and was full each day. The staff was friendly and helped me do some city navigating. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and secure a room away from the main entrance it's quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was quite simply the worst hostel I have ever been to. I was on a university tripos wasn't expecting the best but not this.when we got in there were some drunk boys who swore at us so we went to bed. The next morning I was expecting some decent breakfast but came to no coffee and just bread and salami. The next night I was sleeping on the top bunk of my look alike prison bunk bed when the hinge came out onto my freind below so I slept on the floor. After that me and my friends checked out and left early. Over all avoid and I possible don't go, thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from traffic
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
AO_Support, Leiter Gästebetreuung at A&O Muenchen Hauptbahnhof, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Jessie,

thanks for your review. We deeply apologise for the experience you've had in our hotel.

We cannot foresee our guests' behaviour towards other guests but it seems you have really gotten a bad first start. Unfortunately, we have only seen your review now. Otherwise, we would have immediately asked for the room number to check the bunk bed you were talking about.

In such a case, simply go to the front desk and ask for another room (or even an upgrade) and we would get it fixed right away. There is no reason for you to sleep in the floor.

Many apologies once again.

Kind regards,

Your A&O Support Team
Gelsted, Fyn, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Well the place might be good if you can be totally quiet, and it is not allowed to be any where after 10 (outside on the hotel ground, balcony). we were 2 guys out side smoking, and then 4 security guys knock on the door. They sound intimidating and said they where going to throw us out if they got another reason. This hotel is terribel!!
No one should go here, the rooms & beds are very bad, im 18 years and even i get a bad back from the beds... We are here right now on a student trip whit an avg. age of 17-18.
I do not know if they have all the same ruels at the A&O hotels, but the one in munchen should be closed for good.
Do not belive me? Go to facebook and send a messenger to Kristian bork wunderlich from Denmark,

Room Tip: Just find another hotel, it would make be happy to see it close.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Trier, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I really appreciated good location close to the train station, but I think that is all.
Breakfast very poor, receptionist at the check in put me in a room for smokers, even though I told him Im non smoker. The room was very smelly I went down to reception and only after shouting I got a non smoking room. Apparently they are trying to put the guests in smoking rooms first, as I was told by many colleagues that they have experienced the same.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My friend and I spent one night here before Oktoberfest. It was very busy as many tour groups were staying there. staff were quite friendly, spoke very good English. We had a 5 bed female dorm, which was the very first room as you came up the stairs which meant it was quite noisy at night. Downfall was having to pay for your sheets for your bed, I thought this was very weird. Shower was good, even had a bath tub. Central location and they had wifi in the reception, but you had to pay if you wanted it in your room. Would recommend this place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here whilst visiting Munich for Oktoberfest, we were a group of 10, check in was efficient.
The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable, the pillows in particular, There was free Wi-fi, the bar and seating in the lobby, The lift was a bit rickety and really small, and was always in use so we were often waiting ages and always ended up just taking the stairs, which proved a bit difficult when we had our luggage.

The location was excellent just a 5 minute walk from Oktoberfest and a short walk to the city centre. If I visit Munich again on a group holiday I will definitely consider this place again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to A&O Muenchen Hauptbahnhof? Share your experiences!