“Clean, but small in central, but dodgy area” 3 of 5 stars

You added Treff Hotel Munchen City Centre to your Saves list
Treff Hotel Munchen City Centre
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Schillerstrasse 28, 80336 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #134 of 380 Hotels in Munich
“Clean, but small in central, but dodgy area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We chose this hotel for the weekend because the rate was very competitive. The rooms were clean and did not look run down. Check-in/ -out process was fairly quick. There is not much more services offered - at least we weren't told any. Location of the hotel is very central, only a few minutes from the central station and the city centre. Downside is the strip-bar, cheap restaurant area surrounding it. Also the rooms are very small - I don't think they fit to a 4-star place - not even offering space to open a suitcase without constantly trembeling over it. The heater was "just" an air conditioning in heating mode which did not make up for the freezing air coming through windows, etc. When we talked to the receptionist about the downsides, the reaction was kinda unfriendly.

To sum it up: If you are looking for a 4-star hotel, don't go there. I would only go there for a very cheap rate, without any luggage!

Room Tip: Standard double rooms are very small - rooms on the ground-level are quite noisy when people are spe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
KL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I visited Munich recently with my wife. We were down for the Oktoberfest celebrations. This hotel is ideal if you are in Munich for the Oktoberfest, which is a great beer festival by the way. The hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms are small but adequate. Staff is friendly and helpful. You are on a vibrant busy street and there are lots of restaurants to choose from. Yes it does have an adult bar or two along side it but then hey, no one is pushing you in unless you wanna go. Its just another business, stick to your own, live and let live. You're there on holiday after all. The hotel is a five minute walk away from Munich central station and in the other direction, fifteen minutes from the Oktoberfest grounds. Also, you are two stations away from Marienplatz, to which you could also walk, it'll take twenty minutes. I took the breakfast package, a bit expensive at 15 euros per person, but its lavish. You'll get your moneys worth believe me. Overall, three nights there,we were very comfortable, well fed at breakfast and safe all the time. I will certainly go back when I'm in beautiful Munich again. Prost !!

Room Tip: Ask for an air conditioned room. They have slightly bigger rooms if you are interested ask earlier b...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
TREFF_MUC, Manager at Treff Hotel Munchen City Centre, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear guest,

Oktoberfest – the whole city celebrates this time. We are glad that you were there and we hope you had fun. The hotel's location, its proximity to the fairgrounds and the city is really perfect. Great that you enjoyed your stay with us and were you satisfied with our service and our breakfast. Thank you for this lovely review, we are looking forward to your next visit and say "Servus" from Munich!

Your team of TREFF Hotel München City Centre
Nicole Krötz - Online Reputation Management

Find us on Facebook!
Palo Alto, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I'm stunned that no one mentioned the fact that this hotel is next to multiple adult bars/stores and that there's a hookah store every few blocks and that I didn't feel comfortable out on the street at night. Not ideal for families.

Yes, the hotel had a great rate, yes the hotel was very clean and modern, yes there was free wifi, but I was glad I arrived with my luggage in the afternoon and left in the morning, so that I didn't have to bring down my luggage in the dark.

The breakfast was 15 Euros so we passed on it. There's a great college cafe on the corner. It was very close to the train station and a 10-minute walk into old town, so that was nice. I just didn't like the street it was on. I'd rather have paid a little more money to not walk past 5 adult strip bars on my way to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

A clean, modern hotel. Small rooms with cold air conditioning and free wifi in the rooms that works. Located a 10 minute walk from the main Munich train station on an extremely busy street with other similar hotels, phone stores, kebab shops and strip joints. It was rather like pulling your suitcase to through Times Square to get there. We did not have the ridiculously priced 15€ breakfast. Not a bad choice for one night.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

I reserved for three days and had a written booking confirmation. At 11:00 pm, after having arrived at the airport/railway station, I came in the hotel. I was told the hotel was full (there was an event, all hotels were fully booked).
No help was provided, no understanding shown for the situation, despite a written booking confirmation for three nights at almost 200 EUR per night. I will never come here again, and requested my company, a major actor in Munchen, never book a room here anymore. By the way, an Asian tourist who was a guest in the hotel, asked for information about tourist bus tours and was given a phone number so he could call himself. That seems self-explanatory...

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Romford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Very conveniently placed for the station and city centre. Spacious clean rooms with excellent service. Very good value for money. I would definitley go again.

Room Tip: The room I had was at the back and it was quiet. As the hotel was on a fairly busy road I would ima...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

This hotel is a short walk from the train station and a 10 minute walk to Marienplatz. Its location is very convenient for most of the attractions in Munich and the public transport (trains, trams and buses) are close by. The area the hotel is located in does have some adult themed venues but at no time did our party feel threatened in any way. Staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to help us when we needed some assistance.

All in all a good place to stay for a short break in Munich and we would not hesitate to book there again.

Travel tip - We travelled from the airport to the central station and bought a ticket for the four of us that lasted three days and was valid for ALL public transport and it only cost 51 Euros for all four of us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Treff Hotel Munchen City Centre? Share your experiences!