What can I say. This is an excellent hotel for the money. Although located around 2 miles east of the city centre, it has excellent transport links for those visiting for pleasure or business.
Booked via hotels.com. Yes you can pay cheaper but this place worked out excellent value especially given it's vicinity to the S8 train service from the airport. It literally is only a 5 minute walk from the station which will also take you into the centre of town or give access to the u-bahn network.
Checkin was smooth. Didn't need to roll out my German with a friendly and well polished staff. Managed to buy 3-day pass from them for the train/bus/tram which was really helpful.
Rooms were on the fourth floor. They have a funky interior design and are adorned with photos! Bedroom area isn't the biggest but bathroom and walk in shower was a nice surprise. Basic tea/coffee facilities are free although being English black tea, milk and some biscuits would be a nice addition. View is nothing special but this is not the Alps. Beds were a little on the soft side although the choice of pillows and super warm duvet was great. You can also open the window if too warm which not all hotels offer.
Food for us was limited to breakfast but the menu and price of their evening meal looked good. Breakfast choice was amazing although the staff did like you to sit where they wanted and not where you wanted. Nothing much to add although again if you bear in mind the price they charge for this place it really ticks all the boxes.
We sat in the bar one evening and had a great coffee. Mainly German clients but we were made to feel welcome while they were watching the fussball.
Overall can recommend this hotel if you don't want to pay city centre prices. Yes being where it is choice of outside restaurants are limited but it is only around 15 mins from the centre of town. There are a couple of supermarkets next door plus a fitness first gym with a €10 per day access for guests. Nice and secure luggage storage to enable you to enjoy your last day if you have a late flight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star angelo Designhotel Munich is situated in the Haidhausen district east of the city centre. With a total of 146 rooms and suites, the new lifestyle hotel offers design, individuality and lavish interiors.The excellent location with a direct metro rail link at Leuchtenbergring station guarantees fast and comfortable connections to and from the city centre, the airport or the Neue Messe München fairgrounds.The four conference rooms with a total area of 250 m² feature plenty of natural daylight and offer sufficient space for creativity and personal development.Start your day with a healthy breakfast in the modern and friendly atmosphere of our restaurant Sunlight.The open fireplace of our Jazz-bar creates a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angelo Designhotel Muenchen Hotel Munich
- Angelo Designhotel Hotel Munich