“Excellent, cheap and convenient business hotel / design hotel” 5 of 5 stars

angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leuchtenbergring 20, 81677 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #20 of 378 Hotels in Munich
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Excellent, cheap and convenient business hotel / design hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

nice connection to airport great.breakfast and very good service. If there is no congress and no trade fair it is very cheap.
Breakfast is supreme and staff is very nice.
Free wireless.
Access to fitness center in the neighborhood.
Shopping great!

Room Tip: good bargain! good breakfast
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Rinteln, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a very stylish hotel which also has a lot of substance. The staff were extremely helpful and professional. Our room was comfortable and was pretty quiet, so we could sleep well. Breakfast was excellent, as one would expect in Germany, and the dinner we had on our last night was also of very good quality. I would recommend the hotel fully.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The German term for this place is "Mogelpackung"- you look at the package, and you think it's decent, but then you open the package, and it's, in this case, mediocre at best.

My mother and I were on business here, and decided to add a day, since Munich is a gorgeous city. Angelo, a "conference certified" business hotel, seemed to offer what we needed.

The good:
when you walk in, the place looks really neat. Loungy pictures on the wall, a bar and a spacious reception area.

The breakfast buffet is amazing, and the staff there was friendly, helpful and did everything in their power to provide us with a great breakfast experience.

The people checking us out were helpful and friendly, obviously embarrassed about their colleague's indifference (see below), and let me park my car there even though I had already checked out.

The Bad:

-The two people at the reception (Julia and Amado), couldn't have cared less that me and my mother would like to check in. During my check in process, he ran away from the desk to give a cab driver some instructions, and when I asked him to find out about the restaurant I had reservations at, he did so, only after I told him it's really important.

- The internet was down. Fine, that can happen, especially with finicky things like wireless. It happened in other hotels I stayed at, and was usually back up in 2 hours. I would have thought, that a hotel that is "conference certified" and offers its services to business travelers, has a backup plan. Nope, they didn't. So, yes, I had to explain to my boss, that I had no internet availability, since starbucks had already closed. No excuses, no nothing, there was no internet connection the entire time.

-I truly do not know who gave Angelo the name "designhotel" because there is nothing remotely resembling design or aesthetic ideals. The rooms look a little better than Ikea. nothing wrong with Ikea, but don't charge me the price for four stars. No fan in the bathroom, and no sound proofing even though it is next to one of Munich's busier streets (Leuchtenburgring).

-During the entire time we had breakfast, the lounge next door was being loudly vacuumed. People complained and were rudely told that "it needs to be done." I agree, considering the long blonde hair I found on my room's floor (I have black hair), but does it have to be done during breakfast hours?

For what it offered, it was a huge waste of money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful - we were provided with a city and train map upon arrival.

The room was a decent size with plenty of space to store our items. Provided in the room; flat screen tv, wardrobe, fridge, table, chair and a foot stool. The room however smelled of smoke - we noticed it every time we returned from being out. The curtains in the room did not really block out the morning sun. The free wifi provided was slow, only one device could be connected at a time and it dropped out every so often. Lighting at night was not that great. Two lamps near the bed and two reading lights, both had dim bulbs.

The bathroom was also a decent size. Shower pressure was great and there was space to store toiletries. The toiletries provided smelt nice and were changed daily.

Breakfast was fantastic. A large variety of options including; eggs, sausages, vegetables, cold meats, cereals, yoghurts, pastries, breads, cakes and fruits. Food was constantly replenished and staff were quick to clean away used plates. The dining room was nice.y decorated and clean.

Overall this was a good place to stay in terms of location (close to transport and supermarket) and breakfast. The room was comfortable, minus the smoke smell and curtains. Be prepared to pay if you want a decent internet connection.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Suprisingly easy access from airport, via S8 and short walk. Close to Munich centre either by walking or back on S8. I arrived mid morning but was able to get into my room. very modern, clean and pleasant. Reception, and other staff, all very helpful. Breakfast had great variety and was able to leave my bags in a secure room which was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SW London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

A long weekend in Munich - stumbled across this hotel on Tripadvisor. Ticked every box!

Friendly, helpful and informative staff. Rooms modern, very comfortable and clean. Good breakfast - plenty of choice - made better by the excellent staff. Pleasant bar with great service....

Our flight was late - yet the kitchen rustled up some pizzas for us, even though in theory it had closed by that time. Clearly, freshly made and just what was required after several hours delay on the journey

2 mins walk from the s-bahn and from there 10mins into city centre or 30 mins to airport.

Essentially everything we needed in a hotel for a weekend break - If I went back to Munich, I wouldn't bother checking out the alternatives

Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Kirkkonummi, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I've been here couple of times since it is conviniently located to the places I am visiting and to the airport (by train) and train. The hotel seems to be pretty new, or all the interior is new and clean. The breakfast is good. The city center is at walking distance, if you don't mind walking few kilometers. There is very good steakhouse (Rusticana) nearby, at Grillparzerstarsse.

The free internet used to be good but now it requires you to separately log in everty time, which is a bit inconvinient.

The hotel is clean, even so that the first time I was there, my toiletries and dirty underwear were removed by the cleaners. I assume this was an accient and I got them back hours later. Before that the staff gave me spare toiletries and even went an bought me deodourant from some shop nearby.

Room Tip: You can access third floor directly from the parking roof. Also you do not need your keycard to get...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring? Share your experiences!