“Great Hotel - Will Stay Again” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Leuchtenbergring 20, 81677 Munich, Bavaria, Germany   |
Ranked #29 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Certificate of Excellence 2014
United States
“Great Hotel - Will Stay Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

For the price, you can’t really beat this hotel. The only downside is the size of the rooms and the parking lot. If it is during the winter, you must park in front of the hotel because of the steep incline of the parking lot. It is within walking distance to the S-Bahn for easy access to anywhere in the city. The staff are generally very nice and helpful. The breakfast is also very good. I usually eat dinner at the hotel since and have had good experiences. There are many bars in the area if you want to try some Germany beer, which I recommend. I have travelled to Germany every year for the past 4 years and have stayed at this hotel the past 2 visits and the other time I stayed at the Hilton in the city centre. If you want to pay the extra amount, the Hilton is my obvious choice, but for the location of my office meetings, the price and quality of this hotel is tough to beat.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was my second stay at the Angelo. I travelled on my own in December to visit my daughter and, having liked the the hotel so much, I chose it again for my husband and myself to stay for three nights this month. The hotel is minutes away from the S-Bahn station and, if you don't mind walking, about 15 minutes from the U-Bahn station. The staff are really friendly, the rooms are spotless and the breakfast is very good. We only have one negative comment, which unfortunately applies to most hotels we've stayed in, and that is that the room was very hot. Our daughter returns to England shortly, so unfortunately this was our last visit, but should we ever have cause to visit Munich again, we would definitely choose the Angelo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mildenhall, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband, 1 year old and I stayed from March 10-16. We were delighted with the plethora of choices to choose from with the breakfast buffet, some new things we've never had. The breakfast staff were friendly and personable, as well as the housekeeper and the front desk. Our room was clean and modern. I really enjoyed the shower, great water pressure. It was a wonderful stay and not far from the train station.Oh there is also a few nice markets nearby too. I just wish there was a wheelchair access to the platform of the train station as lugging a stroller, suitcases up and down steps is tiring, but this was at no fault of the hotel. I totally recommend this hotel. The only ting is if you are used to a harder pillow bring your own pillow, the pillows are soft and I am not used to that. I wish we had more breakfast buffets like this in the States!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor facing the trains, some outside noise, but not a big deal.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is close to a train stop (but one without elevators). What a fantastic hotel. It is well designed and a great breakfast included in the rate. When I checked into my first room, it had plumbing problems. The staff promptly changed my room and even upgraded me. There are some restaurants nearby but it is a more suburban area. However, you can take the train and get to Marienplatz quickly. The only downside to the rooms is that lighting could be better. In addition, I asked if the hotel had a loyalty program and at the time, they did not. You get good rates when you book on the hotel website. I would stay here again and at other properties by this company.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I was in this hotel on the Faschingsfest in 2011 . I truly enjoyed the design the cleanliness of the rooms, they were not extremely spacious but for us 2 friends it was sufficient. Staff was extremely friendly and welcoming, and if there were any questions they did not hesitate to help and assist. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. I believe that this hotel suits very well for business trips, but not for tourists. Although we didnt mind walking all the way from the hotel to the Altstadt but it was solid 40-50 min. ( we were on holidays so had our sweet time for everything) , and the overall district was not very flashy with not many stores or restaurants, so if you would want to go to restaurant in the town for a dinner you would need a taxi, or use the trainstation nearby (5-10mins walk, which we never used).

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip. This is one of the cleanest & freshest hotels I've ever stayed in, something which is seriously overlooked in many other European hotels. The room was small but had everything you would expect & despite looking out on to the car park, I heard no noise. Staff were unobtrusive & spoke perfect English which I was appreciative of as I struggled with German. The breakfast selection was excellent, making the price very competative.

• Stayed January 2013
Roma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good choice for a trip in Munich. I must say, the neighborhood is not nice, but is very usefull if you want to stay close to a station, sufficently close the Munich's Exposition and city center. 5 minutes walking to the station, 15 minutes by train to the Exposition (no more than 10 by taxi, 10-13€), 20 minutes to the center (15 by taxy, 10-15€). Good breakfast, on the weekend from 6 to 11 am. The hotel is new, with good facilities. Not a good view from the room, but if you're working or visiting the city, it doesn't matter. The price is reasonable for what you get. At the reception they are usually very nice, just when we checked in, late on friday, the girl was probably doing something else and was not particulary interested in helping me with news on where-to-go and how-to-get... shame!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring? Share your experiences!