“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 380 Hotels in Munich
Roma
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Good choice for a trip in Munich. I must say, the neighborhood is not nice, but is very usefull if you want to stay close to a station, sufficently close the Munich's Exposition and city center. 5 minutes walking to the station, 15 minutes by train to the Exposition (no more than 10 by taxi, 10-13€), 20 minutes to the center (15 by taxy, 10-15€). Good breakfast, on the weekend from 6 to 11 am. The hotel is new, with good facilities. Not a good view from the room, but if you're working or visiting the city, it doesn't matter. The price is reasonable for what you get. At the reception they are usually very nice, just when we checked in, late on friday, the girl was probably doing something else and was not particulary interested in helping me with news on where-to-go and how-to-get... shame!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

A good 4-star hotel managed by Vienna International chain. Unfortunately, hospitality is close to "zero".

We stayed in standard room for several days in the beginning of January 2013.
The quality of the room amenities is super-high: modern and comfortable furniture, faultlessly clean bathroom, flat-screen TV and DVD player, spacious wardrobe, excellent mattress and thick curtains. Actually I had one of the best and peaceful sleeps there.

Some more things that I liked:
- parking slots in front of the hotel are available for small charge
- international cuisine restaurant makes abundant and delicious breakfasts
- cheerful design with rich red, yellow and orange colours gladdens the eye.

But actually I would never go to this hotel again because of several reasons:
- The most of the hotel staff is indifferent or/and non-professional. I felt like an unbidden guest there: they all work reluctantly (except maids and cooks, they were unnoticeable and effective). They were not rude and did not make big mistakes but their life credo was definitely "leave me alone".
- The room-service menu is very tiny: several snacks, 1 soup, 3 main courses. If you have to order room service you can do it not more than 2 or 3 times without repeating the courses.
- Free internet does not work properly, it can suddenly log-out while browsing. Actually there are 2 guest-computers with internet-access at the reception but I always have a laptop with me, so I prefer to use it in the room.
- Location is ok for those with the car. For others I would suggest something closer to the city center.

All in all it is a good hotel for short business trips (1-2 days). For those who are exploring Munich and Bavarian culture I would find something more warm-hearted and personal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
angelo_Designhotel, Geschäftsführer at angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear User Blackcurrent,

thank you very much for your detailed comment. Not many guests take their time to provide us with such detailed feedback and we are especially thankful, because your opinion helps us to improve our facilities and service.

We are glad you liked our various buffet breakfast and our colorful design. Thank you again for the candid description of our room amenities you liked. As a modern hotel it is important to us that you can enjoy state-of-the-art technologies.

You write that you did not feel welcome by our staff. Please be assured that this is not our standard and we forwarded your comment to the responsible persons. We apologize if our service did not meet your expectations.

Dear User Blackcurrent, we would be glad to welcome you again at our angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring.

Marcel Koburger
General Manager and the angelo team
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Based on the reviews in Tripadvisor I was looking forward to trying this hotel. The hotel I normally stay in was full. Well this hotel was more expensive than I normally pay in Munich and a huge dissappointment. Has a very modern and young feel but actually the decor is fairly basic. The room I was given was small and the biggest surprise was that the bed was a sofa bed. It was a one night business trip and a barely spent time in the room but would have asked to change rooms after the first night. I have slept on more comfortable sofabeds but in general sofabeds do not give the same comfort and sleep quality as a bed. I took a photo to show my colleagues. I still can't quite understand how a hotel could charge such a high price for this and not mention that it was not a proper bedroom. The big advantage was that if you push the bed together to make a sofa the room seemed a decent size - which I had to do in the morning to get enough floor space for some exercises!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
angelo_Designhotel, Geschäftsführer at angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear User JonSimLondon,

thank you very much for your detailed comment. Not many guests take the time to provide us with such detailed feedback and we are especially thankful since you support us in improving our services.

You wrote that you were not satisfied with your room equipped with a sofa bed and we totally understand your disappointment. We are very sorry that this could happen. During your stay the ISPO fair took place. The fair was the reason for the higher rates than usually during the rest of the year. We were fully booked and due to a technical mistake did end up with not enough rooms available. Since the other hotels in Munich, as you mentioned, were fully booked as well we did not have the chance to find an appropriate alternate hotel for you.

Therefore we provided you with a room with sofa bed. Dear User JonSimLondon, we would be glad to welcome you once more at our angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring to convince you of our Superior rooms and our services.

General Manager and the angelo Team
Bolton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The hotel is easy to find with an S-bahn station just five minutes away. I should add however, that there was no train noise discernable from our room.

Not only was the reception warm when we arrived on a freezing cold day, so was the welcome from the reception staff.

Our room was perfectly fine and well appointed and cleaned spotlessly each day we were there.. Again with the weather in mind, it was comfortably warm.

The buffet breakfast we found was more than adequate for European Tastes with ample choice of cold and hot items

The other benefit of the s-Bahn being nearby is that it is so easy to use the hotel to explore Munich, with the MarienPlatz just four stops away, and also the rest of Bavaria.

All in all, my wife and I enjoyed our first stay in Munich and the Angelo Hotel stay and look forwards to returning in January next year

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
PARIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent 1 night at the Angelo Designhotel in Munich in september. Unfortunately I had to travel to Munich for business during the Oktober Fest which made it very difficult to find a hotel. So I must admit that I chose this one because I had no other choice.
However it was a fair experience, staff was welcoming and service-oriented. Hotel is nice and comfortable.
Room was ok however I had a very small bed and bathroom was for disabled guests which is not very convenient because you put water everywhere in the room.
Good thing is that the hotel is close to the train station with direct access to the airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I used to stay at Miesbach where my associate office is at but decided to stay in design hotel this time as the cost looks competitive and much cheaper for me to go to the airport and get food from commerical place.

This is my 2nd stay at the hotel and I must say impression remains good.

The theme of the hotel looks to be a jester theme.. everything was loud and in German flags' colour. I think it is unique and thats a pretty common attraction in some asia countries which I can understand. Bed was comfortable and heating and toilet was good as well. I have been to quite some European boutique hotels and I would say Design hotel is in a class of their own.

Breakfast set up was although small but a good selection. Sufficient bread / cereal selection, warm food, salads for every diet in my opinion.

Cleaniness and furnishing looks modern and neat and for the price I paid for the hotel I will never find something on par. Granted the neighbourhood it is at was a little small with not much activities but everything is just a few tube ride away! No problem at all.. There is 2 supermarket, 1 gym, 1 burger king and 1 place for you to buy your electronics goods just 1 min walk away. I think that is really convenient!!!

My main grousal is that the tube station have NO LIFT or ELEVATOR. If you are thinking of taking the tube to the hotel direct from the airport please take note. I almost killed myself carrying a laptop bag, 1 luggage and 1 bag up the stairs!

I will consider to stay here even for personal trips.

Room Tip: Always good to get higher floor in any hotels ;)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Angelo Design Hotel Munich is one of the more ugly hotels I've stayed in. Everything is decorated in yellow, red, and black, perhaps to signify the German flag. Our room was small and there were several short black hairs on the bed. The pipe beneath the sink in the bathroom was leaking so I used the broken lid from the rubbish bin to collect the water. Our room overlooked the motorway and industrial area, but it was at least quiet. Internet access was ridiculously expensive so I used one of the free computers downstairs.

We asked one of the receptionists to advise us where to eat dinner. She said, turn left and then turn right, and there are many restaurants. After we'd walked for about twenty minutes we finally found a single restaurant (which was a completely packed Indian restaurant). There was hardly anything in the neighbourhood of interest.

We arrived for breakfast the next morning just before 9am. It was a surprisingly good buffet with lots of breads, pastries, fresh fruit, yoghurt, cereal and eggs. By the time we left 30 minutes later, there were about 30 people queuing for breakfast. We had a plane to catch so it was lucky we'd arrived slightly earlier than everyone else, otherwise we would've missed out.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
angelo_Designhotel, Geschäftsführer at angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Renate,

thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such detailed information about your experiences. We are glad that you well appreciated our rich and diverse buffet breakfast.

We are very sorry that you did not like our design concept with bright yellow, red, white and black colors. Our interior designer has been inspired by a journey through Asia and therefore has chosen the colors and Asian patterns.

We apologize for any circumstances you may have experienced during your stay due to broken interior in your room. This is not our standard and we immediately forwarded your comment to our technical department.

Unfortunately we cannot comprehend your comments concerning the Internet costs since our WiFi is free of charge. Only the High Speed Internet Access is available for an amount and you can choose between 2 different time frames.

Dear Renate, we would be glad to welcome you once more at our angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring to convince you of our quality.

General Manager & the angelo team

Been to angelo Hotel Munich Leuchtenbergring? Share your experiences!