“You Must Dine Here!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Milwaukee
“You Must Dine Here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Neither my wife or I are raving French food fans. However, this restaurant was rated as a "Find" in the Munich travel book, and given that it was my wife's birthday, I decided to try it. We arrived, were given a nice window table, and started with a great bottle of wine. One of the menu options was a "Chef's Surprise" - a five-course dinner in which the chef will make whatever he decides he wants to make. Since neither Mary nor I are competent to evaluate all the other options, we decided to take the surprise.

Oh. My. Goodness. Course one was a Seafood Mousse. The second course was Salmon Tartar. The third course was white fish dish. The fourth course was a rabbit dish. Course five was a creme brule-esque dessert. I apologize for not giving you more spot-on definitions and descriptions; I am not a gourmet. But I can tell a culinary masterpiece when I taste one, and I promise you that this is what you will experience, too.

I cannot give Le Cezanne any stronger recommendation than to say: I could eat at this restaurant every day of the rest of my life.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“upscale cuisine, hearty...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2008

upscale cuisine, hearty service

Dallas, Texas
“A piece of Provence in Swabing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

I ate here on Saturday night and it was incredible. I am biased because I love French food, but this was nevertheless a great little spot.
The service was possibly the best I've had in Germany, the food was perfect, and the decor was wonderful.
If you're looking for an intimate place to have some foie gras, you need to put this in your itinerary.