“Best Kept Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I can not believe there are not more reviews for this amazing restaurant! I have been there several times throughout the last few years living in Munich and it is probably my favorite restaurant here. It is always full, yet still has a cozy atmostphere. There is a small menu of dishes that are always available, but the majority of dishes are featured on the ever-changing, seasonal menus writtten on a few chalkboards throughout the restaurant. English speakers do not need to worry as the wife of the chef will gladly translate for you. I have tried probably 15 different dishes here (mussels, lamb, duck, fish, dessert etc) and every single one was amazing. I promise you will not be disappointed!!

• Visited April 2013

Austin, Texas
“Superb French cuisine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

We went to Le Cezanne early this week invited by friends who have been here before. It was an increadible experience! The food was superb. My wife and I both have the same dish, lamb. Probably the best lamb I have ever had.
The service was great and charming environment. For dessert we had the apple tart that they drench in calvados and set on fire tableside. It was to die for!
Great selection of wines and the prices for the dishes were very reasonable for Munich standards.
Summary: great service with a personal touch, fantastic food, nice atmosphere, priced right.
We will be back althiugh we live across town the food is worth the trip on the U-Bahn

CHICAGO
“Some of the best French food we have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We live in Munich part of the year and this is without a doubt our favorite special restaurant. Run by a husband and wife, the atmosphere is pleasant, quiet and intimate. The cook has worked at 3-star Michelin restaurants and each dish is prepared perfectly with fresh ingredients. His wife is the server and is so friendly and helpful. Nice wine list. In the winter you must try his soups. Be sure and save room for the apple tart for dessert which is made only once you order it. Can't go wrong here.

• Visited July 2011
Munich, Germany
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2011

Visited here on a Friday night. We did have a reservation but the place was not packed. The food was delicious with an interesting choice and lots of fresh food.
The service was also friendly and personal.
Highly recommended.

• Visited February 2011
toronto
“Best restaurant during my 16 day stay in Munich, Krakow and southern Poland”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2010

I found this place in a travel guide and thought that I would try it out as I felt like having some French cooking. Wow was that a great choice. So much so that I went back a week and a half later and again it was very good. The first time I had the sea snails as an appetizer and then rabbit as a main course. The secon time I had an appetizer of tuna carpaccio, steak tar tar and avocado soup. This was fantastic and I just had to take a photo of it. The main course this time was sweetwater fish in a cream sauce favoured with herbes de provance.
The desserts are great too.
It is owned by a German woman who serves and her French husband. who cooks. What a team. Great service and great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere